User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 103

  1. #71
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,707

    Default

    I worked in the office at a funeral home for awhile. I would say being a funeral director/undertaker would be the ultimate NT job. It was actually soothing to help prepare the people for viewing. Except for when their lips needed to be super glued shut. The simplicity made me giggle some.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  2. #72
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    That's really funny because my first NT boyfriend worked in a funeral home (not sure of his type, as we dated soooo long ago, but definitely NT). And I have an INTJ female cousin who works in a funeral home now. Must be something to it - coworkers who don't talk back? I dunno.

  3. #73
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yeah but what a mess.

    That reminds me. You might find INTJ's working for one of those janitorial companies that clean up crime scenes. No talking, you probably work on call, you can wear a respirator and bio hazard suit so you don't have to worry about bed head or getting dressed up for work.
    I wonder if INTJs are also often movie extras - "stand there, mill about, look nondescript - that's it"

  4. #74
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I wonder if INTJs are also often movie extras - "stand there, mill about, look nondescript - that's it"
    Actually yes. There are a bunch of them on film sets. There is even an INTJ on here that I know makes the rounds...

    EDIT: now that I think about it, I know 2 on here that work as extras.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I worked in the office at a funeral home for awhile. I would say being a funeral director/undertaker would be the ultimate NT job. It was actually soothing to help prepare the people for viewing. Except for when their lips needed to be super glued shut. The simplicity made me giggle some.
    Funeral home director is quite low on my list of sweet jobs.

  6. #76
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Jeno you may have something there. A few days ago, when asked by a stranger what my dream job would be I replied, "A job where I don't have to talk to anyone."

    Maybe funeral homes are a good start?

    Someone else said something similar but I'd like to reiterate...not all of us love gaming/video games! I don't mind video games now and then but most of the time they bore me to tears after an hour. I'd rather be out doing something.

    To answer the OP: To spot an NT simply make a statement utilizing faulty logic and regardless of introvert/extrovert, their attention will be on you. That's right...work smarter, not harder. Let them come to you.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Jeno you may have something there. A few days ago, when asked by a stranger what my dream job would be I replied, "A job where I don't have to talk to anyone."

    Maybe funeral homes are a good start?

    Someone else said something similar but I'd like to reiterate...not all of us love gaming/video games! I don't mind video games now and then but most of the time they bore me to tears after an hour. I'd rather be out doing something.

    To answer the OP: To spot an NT simply make a statement utilizing faulty logic and regardless of introvert/extrovert, their attention will be on you. That's right...work smarter, not harder. Let them come to you.
    Quite frankly, I'd pull my hair out if I had a job where I didn't talk to anyone. What I'd love is a job where I'm not required to engage in small talk all the time but I can have a good conversation with an intelligent person when I'm in the mood.

  8. #78
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    Funeral home director is quite low on my list of sweet jobs.
    Ok INTJ jobs. The drawbacks are the being on call all the time part and you have to be there pretty early for funerals. I found the actual embalming process fascinating though.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  9. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Ok INTJ jobs. The drawbacks are the being on call all the time part and you have to be there pretty early for funerals. I found the actual embalming process fascinating though.
    I too find embalming interesting although not enough to want to do it for a living. I enjoy my melancholy moods just like any other INTP but I don't want to live with them all the time.

  10. #80
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    Take all the people you know. Take out all the people who seem to really care a lot that the rules are followed. Then take out all the people who seem to care a great deal about how everyone else is feeling. Then take out the people you think would rather be doing something than talking or thinking about it. The people left might be NTs. Or it could just be a very rebellious group of lazy bastards.
    - That pretty much sums up the NT's I know!
    Embrace the possibilities.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] How to spot an ENFP a mile off
    By LostInNerSpace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM
  2. [ENFJ] How to spot an ENFJ a mile off
    By LostInNerSpace in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 12:26 AM
  3. [INFP] Completing the Square: How to Spot an INFP
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
  4. [INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ
    By Thursday in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM
  5. [MBTItm] How to spot an ESFJ? Or is it ESTJ? Or is it E___?
    By CzeCze in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO