• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: How would you describe your ideal SO?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I for one do not like typecasting people or assuming they behave a certain way because of their type. But don't underestimate us.

I dont. My response was mostly to give you a hard time for the "calm ENTJ" comment.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I donno, I get angry REAL quick if someone is pushing an argument that either:

• Is completely Illogical
  • Or attempts to push their agenda on me

I can see this happening in a blink of an eye. When you guys feel personally insulted or treated in an unfair manner, you snap. Also, I've noticed that childish and irrational behavior sets you right off. Is this true for you?

When someone makes an illogical argument I usually just laugh my ass off. But if they're still pushing their agenda on me, while being illogical I just walk away thinking: what a complete idiot. Although, I have never experienced this with an INTP, yet.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Also, through experience I have found that dating people who are less intelligent than myself is a bad idea. I hate having to stop and explain everything I am doing. I have found if you cant figure out how I went from A to D, trust tends to be an issue.

I hate repeating myself.

Seriously, I hate repeating myself.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
-Values and has integrity.
-Does not seriously attempt to make me jealous.
-Is comfortable enough just being herself, and thus, does not derive energy or joy from senseless drama/conflict.
-Is creative, whether functionally or artistically.
-She's an N. I just think it would be great if she could relate to how my mind works and vice-versa.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I can see this happening in a blink of an eye. When you guys feel personally insulted or treated in an unfair manner, you snap. Also, I've noticed that childish and irrational behavior sets you right off. Is this true for you?

When someone makes an illogical argument I usually just laugh my ass off. But if they're still pushing their agenda on me, while being illogical I just walk away thinking: what a complete idiot. Although, I have never experienced this with an INTP, yet.

I usually walk away quickly if someone is behaving in such a manner. If it's an SO I do get angry really fast. I remember yelling very loudly at a now ex ENFP girlfriend when she got angry with me because I was taking too much time speaking to my brother (when she wanted my attention). The angry response in combination with some serious Te shut her up quickly. I could tell she really didn't like having her sometimes intense Fe outbursts shot down with my equally intense logical arguments. She just could not understand that my thoughts dominate my responses to outside stimuli. She always said "I feel that...." where as I usually say "I think...." That was a difficult relationship at times.

When you say you have not experienced this with an INTP, do you mean that you have never observed an INTP doing "snap" or that you have never had an INTP present an illogical argument to you?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Accepting, in the fullest sense of the word.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
When you say you have not experienced this with an INTP, do you mean that you have never observed an INTP doing "snap" or that you have never had an INTP present an illogical argument to you?

I meant that I have never had an INTP present an illogical argument to me when he's in his natural state of mind.

Although I have been the cause of making an INTP go bananas, and not in a good way. But even then, it's not so much his arguments being illogical, but his actions.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It does take a while for an INTP to complete stop him/herself from going bananas from time to time. Part of the long INTP maturing process. :D

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I meant that I have never had an INTP present an illogical argument to me when he's in his natural state of mind.

Although I have been the cause of making an INTP go bananas, and not in a good way. But even then, it's not so much his arguments being illogical, but his actions.

Ooo, well then you must not hang around INTPs that often. The single INTP I know in the real world decided it was a good idea to never go to class, never do homework and cram his ass off for our engineering exams. When he pulled a 2.0 for the semester a year ago he wondered why he ended up with a C average...........
Doesn't sound too logical.

And how did you make an INTP go bananas, if you don't mine me asking?

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Ideal SO. Well, I would like him to be more romantic and emotional than I am, even if it makes me uncomfortable sometimes. I like creativity, curiosity, a willingness to try new things, passion for some sort of ideals. Someone who can look at the world and both worry for it and laugh at it too. Similar core values. An underlying sincerity that permeates everything.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm fucking calm. You sit your ass down and see how calm I am! You know, I can be fired up mad, and still remain logical. I'm just louder.

Hehe. I like you.

-Is comfortable enough just being herself, and thus, does not derive energy or joy from senseless drama/conflict.
-She's an N. I just think it would be great if she could relate to how my mind works and vice-versa.

+1

This would be a good way to get yourself shot. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ooo, well then you must not hang around INTPs that often. The single INTP I know in the real world decided it was a good idea to never go to class, never do homework and cram his ass off for our engineering exams. When he pulled a 2.0 for the semester a year ago he wondered why he ended up with a C average...........
Doesn't sound too logical.

And how did you make an INTP go bananas, if you don't mine me asking?

OK, that guy must have not been thinking, or not aware of how the system works.

It was a long time ago, and I don't remember the details but I think I questioned his field of expertise. He was talking about having sleeping problems, and he wanted to do something about it, so he asked me some questions. He was thinking about taking sleeping-pills, and I questioned that decision. And he snapped, because he has had sleeping problems for years, and I guess he considered himself an expert in that field - like I was questioning his knowledge. Which would piss me off too, but then again, I wouldn't bring the subject up with somebody if I wasn't prepared to hear that persons thoughts.

Whatever, it ended up with him saying "I love you" to me, so maybe he realised that he'd overreacted. Dunno.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

+1

This would be a good way to get yourself shot. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

Some of us NFs feel this way as well. The first serious gf I had did that to me and it pissed me off. Never again...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some of us NFs feel this way as well. The first serious gf I had did that to me and it pissed me off. Never again...

I think there are definitely odd people out there that would take it as a compliment that others find their SO attractive enough to flirt with them. Im a lot more primitive in my outlook. If youre with me, youre with me. If you dont want to be with me, then dont be with me. Anything tending towards infidelity smacks of cowardice.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
OK, that guy must have not been thinking, or not aware of how the system works.

It was a long time ago, and I don't remember the details but I think I questioned his field of expertise. He was talking about having sleeping problems, and he wanted to do something about it, so he asked me some questions. He was thinking about taking sleeping-pills, and I questioned that decision. And he snapped, because he has had sleeping problems for years, and I guess he considered himself an expert in that field - like I was questioning his knowledge. Which would piss me off too, but then again, I wouldn't bring the subject up with somebody if I wasn't prepared to hear that persons thoughts.

Whatever, it ended up with him saying "I love you" to me, so maybe he realised that he'd overreacted. Dunno.

I think narcissism has something to do with both circumstances. I fully believe INTPs can have huge egos as far as the depth and breath of their knowledge and their own confidence in their reasoning skills is concerned. I'm confident it had a role in my INTP acquaintance's decision. My school's engineering college is cut throat. Everyone is full of their accomplishments and are almost completely unwilling to admit that they may need help, or need to actually study. Being an Ivy league institution only adds fuel to the fire.

I know I can exhibit narcissist tendencies sometimes and I hate it.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think narcissism has something to do with both circumstances. I fully believe INTPs can have huge egos as far as the depth and breath of their knowledge and their own confidence in their reasoning skills is concerned. I'm confident it had a role in my INTP acquaintance's decision. My school's engineering college is cut throat. Everyone is full of their accomplishments and are almost completely unwilling to admit that they may need help, or need to actually study. Being an Ivy league institution only adds fuel to the fire.

I know I can exhibit narcissist tendencies sometimes and I hate it.

I don't mind huge egos. Hell, you should see mine... but I try my hardest to not get blind sighted by it. To me, there's nothing worse than a person that can't admit fault and take responsibility for ones actions.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't mind huge egos. Hell, you should see mine... but I try my hardest to not get blind sighted by it. To me, there's nothing worse than a person that can't admit fault and take responsibility for ones actions.

Eh, you are more tolerant than I am.