• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: How would you describe your ideal SO?

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
EDIT: I can't stand fake bitches. And one more thing I would like to have is someone whom I would not get into fights with. Being able to calmly sit down with someone and come to a conclusion with a level-head is beyond priceless.

That goes for men too! That's why I love INTPs, they can't lie to save their lives and they resist any opportunity to get overly emotional in an argument. Not a single broken vase so far...

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
That goes for men too! That's why I love INTPs, they can't lie to save their lives and they resist any opportunity to get overly emotional in an argument. Not a single broken vase so far...

I donno, I get angry REAL quick if someone is pushing an argument that either:

• Is completely Illogical
  • Or attempts to push their agenda on me

Of course, my only long term dating experience was with an immature ENFP with a really weak T and a strong E so I'd assume a calm ENTJ woman with a slight to moderate boas towards E would be lovely. :)

T

ThatGirl

Can I ask why you'd like to have a partner smarter than yourself? How smart do you consider yourself to be?

Intelligence is essential for a number of reasons. As stated above it keeps things fresh. Provides relief from boredom, establishes mental connections, pushes each other to new intellectual heights, etc etc.

Also, through experience I have found that dating people who are less intelligent than myself is a bad idea. I hate having to stop and explain everything I am doing. I have found if you cant figure out how I went from A to D, trust tends to be an issue.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh theyre just having fun. Not saying I think that leg humpings fun, but if other did then I would be ok with that. Not like its my place to judge or anything, but if you were the kind of person who enjoyed that then its ok. Not to say youre the kind that enjoys leg humping or anything. I mean...uh...I...you know *clears throat*, Im gonna step out for a second. IDIOT :doh:

:D

Careful. Acting like another INFP is the quickest way to chase the NTJ loving INFPs awa.... Oh. Nevermind. Carry on! :D

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Intelligence is essential for a number of reasons. As stated above it keeps things fresh. Provides relief from boredom, establishes mental connections, pushes each other to new intellectual heights, etc etc.

Also, through experience I have found that dating people who are less intelligent than myself is a bad idea. I hate having to stop and explain everything I am doing. I have found if you cant figure out how I went from A to D, trust tends to be an issue.

I agree completely, I follow a similar set of guidelines. The use of the word freakishly smart made me assume you were looking for someone in say, the 99.9% percentile. Such as a brilliant Ashkenazi Jew, for example. Which of course, is extremely difficult to find.

T

ThatGirl

I agree completely, I follow a similar set of guidelines. The use of the word freakishly smart made me assume you were looking for someone in say, the 99.9% percentile. Such as a brilliant Ashkenazi Jew, for example. Which of course, is extremely difficult to find.

What else would you consider smarter than myself? Your assumption was correct.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Careful. Acting like another INFP is the quickest way to chase the NTJ loving INFPs awa.... Oh. Nevermind. Carry on! :D

That's a relief that brief foray into excessive sensitivity to the feelings of others wouldnt have lasted all week. Not to say I couldnt excel at social awkwardness as I do in all other areas of life. :devil: Back to business though....

Ideal + Significant Other = :doh:

On a practical level, youre absolutely correct. What one expects, what one needs, and what one actually gets typically have little to do with one another. Doesnt hurt to talk about it though, and those kinds of conversations can be a good jump off for sharing experience which is always beneficial. Im sure you have an explanation for posting what you did, for example.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*bats eyelashes*

Greencards are available!

That's immigration... With the economy as it is and the freakish security I have in my current job I can't justify uprooting to chase a temptation, never mind the lack of means. Decisions like that have to wait till there's more than just the temptation. My Si and Te would scream otherwise... ^^;;

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
mute and ignorant to my existence 99% of the time

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Different enough from me to spark my interest, but reasonable and calm. Not prone to argument and overreaction. Able and eager to comfort me when I get stressed out and doubt myself. Interested in trying new things. Secure in himself. Understands that I have interests that are important to me and helps/encourages me in them. Easy to hang out with. Doesn't want to have a "state of the relationship" talk every 5 minutes.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Gotta admire that charming INTP naivete though. Makes you wanna sink your teeth in and given them a loving little shake.

Well I for one do not like typecasting people or assuming they behave a certain way because of their type. But don't underestimate us.