User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I meant that I have never had an INTP present an illogical argument to me when he's in his natural state of mind.

Although I have been the cause of making an INTP go bananas, and not in a good way. But even then, it's not so much his arguments being illogical, but his actions.
    Ooo, well then you must not hang around INTPs that often. The single INTP I know in the real world decided it was a good idea to never go to class, never do homework and cram his ass off for our engineering exams. When he pulled a 2.0 for the semester a year ago he wondered why he ended up with a C average...........
    Doesn't sound too logical.

And how did you make an INTP go bananas, if you don't mine me asking?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Ideal SO. Well, I would like him to be more romantic and emotional than I am, even if it makes me uncomfortable sometimes. I like creativity, curiosity, a willingness to try new things, passion for some sort of ideals. Someone who can look at the world and both worry for it and laugh at it too. Similar core values. An underlying sincerity that permeates everything.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm fucking calm. You sit your ass down and see how calm I am! You know, I can be fired up mad, and still remain logical. I'm just louder.
    Hehe. I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    -Values and has integrity.
    -Does not seriously attempt to make me jealous.
    -Is comfortable enough just being herself, and thus, does not derive energy or joy from senseless drama/conflict.
    -Is creative, whether functionally or artistically.
    -She's an N. I just think it would be great if she could relate to how my mind works and vice-versa.
    +1

This would be a good way to get yourself shot. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    Ooo, well then you must not hang around INTPs that often. The single INTP I know in the real world decided it was a good idea to never go to class, never do homework and cram his ass off for our engineering exams. When he pulled a 2.0 for the semester a year ago he wondered why he ended up with a C average...........
    Doesn't sound too logical.

And how did you make an INTP go bananas, if you don't mine me asking?
    OK, that guy must have not been thinking, or not aware of how the system works.

It was a long time ago, and I don't remember the details but I think I questioned his field of expertise. He was talking about having sleeping problems, and he wanted to do something about it, so he asked me some questions. He was thinking about taking sleeping-pills, and I questioned that decision. And he snapped, because he has had sleeping problems for years, and I guess he considered himself an expert in that field - like I was questioning his knowledge. Which would piss me off too, but then again, I wouldn't bring the subject up with somebody if I wasn't prepared to hear that persons thoughts.

Whatever, it ended up with him saying "I love you" to me, so maybe he realised that he'd overreacted. Dunno.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    -Values and has integrity.
    -Does not seriously attempt to make me jealous.
    -Is comfortable enough just being herself, and thus, does not derive energy or joy from senseless drama/conflict.
    -Is creative, whether functionally or artistically.
    -She's an N. I just think it would be great if she could relate to how my mind works and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    +1

This would be a good way to get yourself shot. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.
    Some of us NFs feel this way as well. The first serious gf I had did that to me and it pissed me off. Never again...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Some of us NFs feel this way as well. The first serious gf I had did that to me and it pissed me off. Never again...
    I think there are definitely odd people out there that would take it as a compliment that others find their SO attractive enough to flirt with them. Im a lot more primitive in my outlook. If youre with me, youre with me. If you dont want to be with me, then dont be with me. Anything tending towards infidelity smacks of cowardice.

MBTI
    INTP

OK, that guy must have not been thinking, or not aware of how the system works.

It was a long time ago, and I don't remember the details but I think I questioned his field of expertise. He was talking about having sleeping problems, and he wanted to do something about it, so he asked me some questions. He was thinking about taking sleeping-pills, and I questioned that decision. And he snapped, because he has had sleeping problems for years, and I guess he considered himself an expert in that field - like I was questioning his knowledge. Which would piss me off too, but then again, I wouldn't bring the subject up with somebody if I wasn't prepared to hear that persons thoughts.

Whatever, it ended up with him saying "I love you" to me, so maybe he realised that he'd overreacted. Dunno.
    I think narcissism has something to do with both circumstances. I fully believe INTPs can have huge egos as far as the depth and breath of their knowledge and their own confidence in their reasoning skills is concerned. I'm confident it had a role in my INTP acquaintance's decision. My school's engineering college is cut throat. Everyone is full of their accomplishments and are almost completely unwilling to admit that they may need help, or need to actually study. Being an Ivy league institution only adds fuel to the fire.

I know I can exhibit narcissist tendencies sometimes and I hate it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    I think narcissism has something to do with both circumstances. I fully believe INTPs can have huge egos as far as the depth and breath of their knowledge and their own confidence in their reasoning skills is concerned. I'm confident it had a role in my INTP acquaintance's decision. My school's engineering college is cut throat. Everyone is full of their accomplishments and are almost completely unwilling to admit that they may need help, or need to actually study. Being an Ivy league institution only adds fuel to the fire.

I know I can exhibit narcissist tendencies sometimes and I hate it.
    I don't mind huge egos. Hell, you should see mine... but I try my hardest to not get blind sighted by it. To me, there's nothing worse than a person that can't admit fault and take responsibility for ones actions.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't mind huge egos. Hell, you should see mine... but I try my hardest to not get blind sighted by it. To me, there's nothing worse than a person that can't admit fault and take responsibility for ones actions.
    Eh, you are more tolerant than I am.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

^^ He made it worth my while.