User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 9thNightingale View Post
    Its the exact same thing for me, the difference is I am a female INTJ. I too have never felt fully content in a relationship.

I can quickly tell whether someone is "good enough". But I tended to stick it out as long as I can with hopes that my expectations would go away or transform. Often though, I've seen myself alter myself to 'fit' with the person I am with because I like harmony in relationships. It's happened a couple of times now - whereby I undergo a transformation of myself by picking up the best traits of my partner .:workout:. Have any of you INTJ's done anything crazy like this? I feel like Rouge from X-Men lol. Its like i'm transferring the good qualities from someone into myself. I guess it comes from my need to improve myself. Its the oddest thing in the world! I'm not sure it did me any good though because it was a draining process.
    Yes, I also use the same idea to describe many of my relationships. Although her name is Rogue not Rouge.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I think I finally figured it out. At least what I need in a relationship and the type of person I need to be in a relationship with.
    What was your conclusion?
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    I think INTJ/INTJ is a pretty common pairing. Im actually staying with an aunt/uncle for some time and realized that they're both INTJ's. They love each other deeply. He's VERY balanced E/I, T/F, J/P. Her J and T are strong. They just have a quiet practical loving nature about them. He's very touchy-feely for an INTJ. She isnt, she's more uptight and less socially adept.

I dont think I could be in a long-term relationship with another INTJ...I dont particularly like my type in others. I just dont find them exciting. Too practical and predictable for me. ha!
    I don't think I or a number of my INTJ colleagues (I seem to be running into bunches of them -- very weird) are predictable. Maybe somewhat practical but with adequate zaniness to keep things spicy. In a deadpan or ironic way.

I'm an ENTJ, and not very, lol. I have a lot of guy friends and enjoy flirting with
    cute strangers, I guess I like the mysteriousness factor even though I know to
    use my head in those situations. Guess I read too many books that had a lot of
    romance in the side storylines

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn009 View Post
    I'm an ENTJ, and not very, lol. I have a lot of guy friends and enjoy flirting with
    cute strangers, I guess I like the mysteriousness factor even though I know to
    use my head in those situations. Guess I read too many books that had a lot of
    romance in the side storylines
    Lol...you sooo need an INFP. Mystery and romance..really?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 9thNightingale View Post
    I feel like Rouge from X-Men lol. Its like i'm transferring the good qualities from someone into myself. I guess it comes from my need to improve myself. Its the oddest thing in the world! I'm not sure it did me any good though because it was a draining process.
    They don't end up dying, do they?

MBTI
    INTJ

I hear a lot of you use the word picky. Are you truly picky or just not easily impressed?

I had this discussion with a girl over the weekend, and she told me that the word about me is that I am picky. I've heard this before and generally agreed with it, but I told her that it's not that I'm picky, but it takes more to impress me than a big butt and a smile. I've realized that about myself since my last relationship- the girl was pretty, we had fun and all, but when it was just us- no games, no music, or anything else, there was silence, there wasn't any real sparks for me, because I wasn't getting that mental stimulation that I needed (and didn't realize I needed it). I beat myself up a little bit trying to figure out why I wasn't into her, and one I figured that's what it was, it helped me to move on.

I'm not an INTJ, but an ISTJ, and while I don't pick a girl apart while assessing her, I do look for those hints of chemistry, and that can only happen when she opens her mouth (to speak).

Interestingly, I don't think I can do an ISTJ girl.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I hear a lot of you use the word picky. Are you truly picky or just not easily impressed?

I had this discussion with a girl over the weekend, and she told me that the word about me is that I am picky. I've heard this before and generally agreed with it, but I told her that it's not that I'm picky, but it takes more to impress me than a big butt and a smile. I've realized that about myself since my last relationship- the girl was pretty, we had fun and all, but when it was just us- no games, no music, or anything else, there was silence, there wasn't any real sparks for me, because I wasn't getting that mental stimulation that I needed (and didn't realize I needed it). I beat myself up a little bit trying to figure out why I wasn't into her, and one I figured that's what it was, it helped me to move on.

I'm not an INTJ, but an ISTJ, and while I don't pick a girl apart while assessing her, I do look for those hints of chemistry, and that can only happen when she opens her mouth (to speak).

Interestingly, I don't think I can do an ISTJ girl.
    You need to change your type description. It says you're ENFP. Unless that's some kind of ploy to decieve people, which I doubt because your signature suggests you are an ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    You need to change your type description. It says you're ENFP. Unless that's some kind of ploy to decieve people, which I doubt because your signature suggests you are an ISTJ.

I see you are a newbie. A little piece of advice: That description field is in no way gospel. Lighten up.

Banned

I have decided I am definately a love fail (atm)