User Tag List

First 23456 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

My female friend has gone over really tough time, but she's emerged as a wonderful, loving person. She now tests as INTJ, too, and I guess it's a natural progression for her. I guess she had great stress from a difficult life situation and she didn't have like-minded friends before, forcing her to act out of character and to withdraw from people. She was very moody, critical, demanding and such.

I'm not sure if those are usual for INTJ in trouble, and if she's best fit type really is INTJ. Nevertheless, she seems much INTJ (very I, slightly/moderately N, moderate to strong T, slightly J) and a great person to love and be loved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

hmm my story is a little different, I had my first GF in the 6th grade lol. I actually dated quite a bit for an intj, or normal or even ahead of alot of my peers growing up. But as I get older I keep slowing down, now I just want to meet the right person, I learned from meeting alot of the wrong people.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am wondering about something.

If someone asks you: Who has it easier time in the entire romance/love thing INTJ men or INTJ women ?

What would you say to that person as an answer?
    It is unclear if you are speaking about attracting a partner, or actual love. It seems like each gender has the same chance at love, although the female gender *may* have an easier time at attraction if she is heterosexual.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Whatever type you are, women have it easier.
    *plays sad song on world's smallest violin*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    *plays sad song on world's smallest violin*
    I don't think anyone's particulary sad about this, it's just a fact of life. In the same way that physically attractive people have it easier than ugly people.

INTJ men have some advantage over other types in that they probably have better means to pay for sex.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Hahahaa. Oh dear.

Well, to respond to the OP, 'success' in such a thing as 'love', isn't so easily defined. It depends firstly, on how one defines love, and then, what determines 'success' in this said 'love'.

By my own definitions, being young, etc, I have been successful in love so far as to say that I know what it is NOT.

Now to respond to some of the ideas brought up in the continuation of the thread: INTJ women, in fact, I would say, initially have a MORE difficult time in 'finding love' than most women in general. However, if you're comparing them only within the INTJ type, as it seems you are doing, I would say that a mature, perhaps a bit older, female INTJ would have a much easier time in finding love. However, an immature, or strongly expressed (I'm not relating the two, they can be mutually exclusive) female INTJ would have a much much more difficult time than a male.

Perhaps I rambled on a bit without making entirely too much sense, but I'm sure whoever decides to read it will manage.

On that note, when someone says success in love, what does that mean to you (anyone who feels like answering), or rather, what does it imply?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Hahahaa. Oh dear.

Well, to respond to the OP, 'success' in such a thing as 'love', isn't so easily defined. It depends firstly, on how one defines love, and then, what determines 'success' in this said 'love'.

By my own definitions, being young, etc, I have been successful in love so far as to say that I know what it is NOT.

Now to respond to some of the ideas brought up in the continuation of the thread: INTJ women, in fact, I would say, initially have a MORE difficult time in 'finding love' than most women in general. However, if you're comparing them only within the INTJ type, as it seems you are doing, I would say that a mature, perhaps a bit older, female INTJ would have a much easier time in finding love. However, an immature, or strongly expressed (I'm not relating the two, they can be mutually exclusive) female INTJ would have a much much more difficult time than a male.

Perhaps I rambled on a bit without making entirely too much sense, but I'm sure whoever decides to read it will manage.

On that note, when someone says success in love, what does that mean to you (anyone who feels like answering), or rather, what does it imply?
    I would define success in that you manage to maintain a relationship that is not perfect, but both parties are happy and have no plans or feelings of calling it quits.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Hahahaa. Oh dear.

Mhm, I think you explained that very accurately and concisely.

It would make sense to address the question of what success in love is, for an INTJ

For me, it would (I imagine) be a state of mental (and emotional) connection with someone who is a beneficial part of my life for a good length of time.

I guess.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTJ

[QUOTE=KristenSnowdeal;775302]Hahahaa. Oh dear.

QUOTE]

I know, my little joke was in poor taste.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know if I am an INTJ, some tests agree, most people here agree, so maybe. But I could as well be an INFP according to others. So I might not reflect exactly what is expected of this thread.

I've had crushes, but most of them never resulted in a relationship, and those that did revealed that I wasn't really that much into it.
    In a way, it seems that I have too high standards, but I myself am the kind of person only people with low standards would go for.
    The group of people fitting my high standards very rarely intersects with the kind of people that have standards low enough to go for me.
    Therefore it is a bit of a : I am not worthy of being loved, but those people are not worth my love either.

I think I could easily continue living single for a very long time, most of the time I am very happy to follow my plans, and if I were in a relationship I would like to have a lot of alone time anyway (If I one day get married and we have a house, I will need to have my own separate bedroom with my stuff, it's a dealbreaker).
    Yet, I am afraid that by being like this I am probably missing out on something that is important in order to live a good fulfilling human life, that I am missing out on something that would be very important to everyone, that is, love. There has been so much written about it and done for it throughout history that it has to be something worth falling in.

And besides, I do have some moments where I wish I wasn't alone.
    And when I am at a party and see everyone interacting, people getting close to each other so quickly, so easily, I get a sense of bitterness and failure.
    As most of the time, I can't sustain a girl's interest in me when she gets interested at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    For INTJ guy it's like "hmmmm trash, next....trash, next....trash. I will not lose my self-pride by going out with anyone who does not give me the ultimate respect I should have"

INTJ guys are much less likely to get a spouse than an INTJ girl because while guy is so soaked up in his self-pride that he wouldn't even want to try out a girl he thinks will have the smallest chance in messing up, the girl gives each guy a chance until she finds the right guy. Of course the girl would probably give her answer by the end of the week on whether this guy should 'be removed from her love life forever'.
    This is a very very accurate description of how it is for me.
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined