User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default NTs and Religion

Do you believe in anything? Is your tendancy to except whatever science adheres to, or does agnosticism rule? Are you as varied as everyone else in the general population? I'm not looking for an argument, nor a debate (i.e. my views in any direction don't come into play).
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm a freethinker.
    Freethought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suppose you can say that I'm an ignostic.
    Ignosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP

I was Unitarian, then Radical Atheist, then one of those "seems like something's out there but I don't know what" agnostics, then Christian.

I accept NOTHING. Not science, not religion, not my own senses. I question everything, fanatically. Sometimes I even invent shit just so I can question it.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I dunno what to believe. I follow science, but not everything has been proven...or not proven for that matter.

Therefore, I dunno if I so much believe, as can't wait to die to find out.

Scratch that, I can wait.

If there is a conscious being, I don't follow it like the bible does.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Interesting link, Blank, I hadn't heard of Ignosticism. I guess by definition I'm an atheist since I don't believe in any higher being, or subscribe to any religion, or even really think about religion in the traditional sense much. It's kind of a non-issue for me. But I do believe in quantum mechanics, which entails so many bizarre things as to require a certain leap of faith. And it does offer an explanation of the universe, which I consider an important goal of religion, so it'll have to suffice as the closest to religion I've ever come.
    I have a lot of respect for people who do have faith in something and genuinely abide by the moral codes of their religions, though.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's hard to say really. I was raised a protestant Christian, but over the years I've been absorbing and mulling over a lot of different philosophies, ever questioning as I go.

I'm closest to being Taoist at this point though.

A calc. professor once told me, "Science is a new religion." I'm inclined to agree considering the way most people view it. Too many forget that science is just a progressive construct of what we believe we know, based on experimentation.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    IsTP

When I was little, I was sort of a non-devout Christian with a bunch of questions. Then I became atheist towards the end of middle school and the beginning of high school. Towards the end of high school, I became more agnostic than anything.

Now? Well I believe in the big bang, that the universe is around 13-14 billion years old, evolution (basically, I'm not a creationist that goes literally by the book of genesis), etc. But when it comes to the topics that science hasn't had any evidence for (yet?)... I'll just say that I don't really believe in anything absolutely, but I have ideas. I'm particularly interested in string and brain theory, but I also think some eastern philosophy has cool concepts. If there is a god, I think it's probably more of a force/process than a conscious being, if that makes sense. ...I dunno, I'm kind of all over the place usually, constantly questioning and searching for ideas to a truth I'm sure I may never find.

MBTI
    ENFP

I know a few NT's who are quite religious. What I notice about them is they are very skeptical at first until they've thoroughly proven to themselves what it is they believe in. And then once they are religious they are quite knowledgeable about it because they continue to study and prove to themselves their belief, examining and debating in their mind.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm agnostic in theory, atheist in practice.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    I'm agnostic in theory, atheist in practice.
    same, but a little bit more towards atheism in my theory. it just doesn't make sense to me, logically.
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so