User Tag List

123 Last

Thumbs down ISTJs - wannabe INTPs?

This is based basically on sightings on INTPc. According to this hypotesis, the "defining" traits of an INTP, such as highly "analytical", "logical", even "intellectually superior" in worst cases, may very well mislead an average ISTJ, who encounters the MBTI for the first time. Because it is not uncommon for an ISTJ to take pride in his "rational", "logical" thinking, the misfortunate ISTJ will assume that indeed he must be the INTP - the most logical and rational type.

At the first sight, he may appear to be one - analyzing and rationalizing everything like the world's biggest scientist, but there are definite deviations from INTP archetype once observed closely.

They are among us.

What do you think? I am not claiming anything, that's why I call it hypotesis. (Also, I do not claim that the percentage of ISTJs mistyped in this way is disproportionally big.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I'm actually secretly an ISTJ. Don't tell.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think most of the ideas of INTP superiority are bullshit. But it is true that these MBTI places often begin projecting the image that INTPs are superior (probably just because they tend to be populated primarily by INTPs).

I do believe that there are probably more Sensors here than labels imply. I think the unreasonable monopoly that INTPs (and NTs in general) have been accredited on rationality, combined with the hostility and condescension toward Sensors, would likely result in a lot of Sensors presuming themselves to instead be NTs.

PS: Archetypes are for suckers.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Why would an ISTJ want to be lazy, reclusive and absent-minded? :S It kind of clashes with everything they stand for.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think an ISTJ would quite easily distinguish him or herself from an INTP based on their ability to be able to organise a piss up in a brewery which I believe is somewhat lacking for INTPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The first time I took the MTBI test about 15-20 years ago, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I read the INTP profile after seeing my results. I was blown away at how accurately it nailed me.

Having said that, I see a lot that I can relate to in the profiles for ISTP & INTJ....probably 80% of it, but with a couple "no ways" in each.

I can find almost nothing I can relate to in the ISTJ profile, so it seems like a huge stretch to me anyway to get confused b/t the two....at least looking from the INTP to ISTP direction.

I guess it could be possible that the view is different from the other direction, but it would certainly require not being very self-aware....at all.
    I 60% / N 60% / T 64% / P 76%

You always get what you settle for.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, SiTe combination actually is rather logical one. We collect loads of factual information around us, and use tried n' tested methods and commonly seek to use the best known practices. "If it worked well before, it will work well in the future."
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    xxxx

I can see through the elaborate ruse of "Matthew, you're really an ISTJ."
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Well, SiTe combination actually is rather logical one. We collect loads of factual information around us, and use tried n' tested methods and commonly seek to use the best known practices. "If it worked well before, it will work well in the future."
    You are the perfect men for the 4th german Reich !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I don't think INTPs are "intellectually superior" to anyone, especially not ISTJs.