First 12345 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    bahahahah

And this is why INTPc is, itself, total bullshit.

If anything INTPs are wannabe ENTPs (yes, we know how jealous you are of our ability to actually, you know, talk to women and be sociable. Don't pretend.)

P.S.,

ISTJs really don't have too much in common in with INTPs. Digest is right that it's easier to confuse ISTJ/INTJ. What a dumb fucking post by whatever INTPc member originally made that; he's probably on the phone with his mom finding out when she's bringing home the new Dungeon Master's Guide as we speak.
    Would you come off the high horse?

Gauche has only 1 post on INTPc, so he's not even allowed to post links yet.
    Your post was more condescending and riddled with stereotypes than the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Only as riddled as yours was with blatant inability to read sarcasm or otherwise non-serious tone.

Maybe the "bahahaha" at the beginning didn't serve its intended purpose for you?

P.S.,

If ISTJs mistype themselves as NTs, it's due largely to the poor information available on Si, not due to any kind of INTP>ISTJ superiority. Don't you see any problem with the phrasing "ISTJs, INTP wannabes?" Clearly they're not INTP wannabes, or they'd use Ti/Ne instead of Si/Te.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

^ Only as riddled as yours was with blatant inability to read sarcasm or otherwise non-serious tone.

Maybe the "bahahaha" at the beginning didn't serve its intended purpose for you?
    So complaining about stereotypes by adding more is a legitimate form of sarcasm?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i think they'd be more apt to confuse themselves with INTJs.
    Yup!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IsTP

I was confused too, I didn't read sarcasm. I suppose its hard to deliver inflection through text, I thought it was weird coming from you who I think is one of the more level headed ENTP's around. For you, an emoticon:
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The problem really isn't Simulated's presentation, but that some ENTPs legitimately think that way, so you can really never be sure.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    So complaining about stereotypes by adding more is a legitimate form of sarcasm?
    In a way it can be, actually, especially with hard-headed INTPs who are still stuck half way up their own asses with "Ti is TEH BEST EVAARRRRR!!!" nonsense.

I'm not saying you're one of these INTPs--I don't really know you. But I will say that INTPs have a habit of thinking they're above stereotypical or otherwise obviously foolish behavior, but they tend to exhibit a number of hilarious stereotypes just like every type, so sometimes a good way to remind them that they're human too is to give them a little dose of their own medicine.

The "ISTJs wannabe INTPs??" thing just reeks of INTP elitism, frankly, and INTP elitism is a particularly annoying brand because they're the absolute worst about insisting that they have a right to be condescending because their perspective is "objective"! (Immature Ti is absolutely insufferable.)

By the way, mocking the concept of stereotypes by offering more stereotypes in order to show how ridiculous stereotypes are is actually a common tactic in comedy. It's been around for hundreds of years. (Chappelle's black white supremacist, anybody?)

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I was confused too, I didn't read sarcasm. I suppose its hard to deliver inflection through text, I thought it was weird coming from you who I think is one of the more level headed ENTP's around. For you, an emoticon:
    The D&D thing was the stereotype joke. The post itself asking about ISTJs wanting to be INTPs was totally dumb, and I stand by that statement 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The problem really isn't Simulated's presentation, but that some ENTPs legitimately think that way, so you can really never be sure.
    Yeah, it's kind of silly to imply that any type is a "wannabe" of any other type; otherwise they would just...be that type. That was the whole point. I'm well aware that INTPs aren't wannabe ENTPs either, which was the whole point of the joke, get it? (Apparently you do, this is more for others.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    INTPs aren't analytical and logical. Why do people think that?
    This is interesting. Introverted thinking is indeed said not to be analytical, and not logical (or it would be in a right brain way). So would people think INTPs are, because of the relative unfamiliarity with Ti, and the societal prevalence of Te? Or maybe because they think a little bit more, call things into question, see things their way, in stead of adopting widely shared Te laws?

Btw, how do you mean it?

Edit: Is it (as well as seeing them as 'rational') because people can not see how/whether they enjoy/what they are about?? Because people will feel better off?
    Last edited by Llewellyn; 08-05-2009 at 03:12 AM.
    INtj | 9w1

+1. I think SiTe > TiNe in terms of logical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Do you think that a large number of INTJf members are actually closet ISTJs? How come?
    I would not say large but I think that there are some. I say this because there is too much conservative vibe in the air over there.
    Ok there are conservative INTJ but there is something SJish there.
    I am not saying that they deliberatly lie about their type, it is just that they are mistyped. On the other hand people overthere are young so that can solve the dilema as well.

Another reason is because tests ask stupid questions.
    Like "Do you see well how things will develope overtime?". I mean who is going to say "No" as an answer to this question ? (especially if they are TJs)