• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Analysis vs Creative Thought

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Analysis... which I feel kinda guilty about :doh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Analysis. But creative thought certainly isn't worthless, it just seems disposable to me because it's so easy.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Without creative thought there's nothing to analyze.

T

ThatGirl

I don't have a creative bone in my body,

But I can analyze the shit about anything.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That doesn't sound very ENTP, then.

Sounds more T-dominant.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Creative thought is easier and more fun, but more answers seem to spring up when you analyze things properly. Too much creative thought leads me to confusion, and not just mild confusion, it fucks up everything. Analysis is good for picking out the truth, but without the creative though, you end up stuck on one strand of thought and you can only solve problems when you get lucky.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Creative thought can dominate in the mind, but when it comes to living, being present in the real world, analysis is a much better way to go. I think I might have a balance between the two. I don't know which one I would choose...maybe creative thinking, but analysis serves for more, in my opinion. Even though I don't like analysis.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Creative thoughts need to be analyzed.

We wouldn't be able to progress without both.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Analysis is "better."

Creative thought appeals to me more. To me, anyone can sit down and analyze something, but not everyone can write stories like the Final Fantasies.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I analyze the given information, then turn it into something completely creative.

I love to analyze, but creativity is definitely a strong suit in me.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
analysis is easier perceived by the world thought i'd take creative thought over analysis any day

theres something too rudimentary abut analysis that i just dont find appealing

sculpting

I have to be creative to give my self something to analyze. Sometimes though I can come up with something very creative, and actually need to call in my strong armed NTPs to analyze for me... I find the lump but I need them to help me dissect it.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Creative thought.

Then, as Jaguar mentioned: creative analysis.

But that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under creative thought.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
creative = before
analysis = after

you can't be after until you're after. some people spit shit out faster and some take more time to birth their new ideas. sketching works to build heat before stretching. once you chew it up it all goes to the same place. sometimes i prefer standing on the pedals and racing to the finish line.