User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like groupwork?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an ENTJ - I like groupwork.

7 10.45%
  • I am an ENTP - I like groupwork.

2 2.99%
  • I am an INTJ - I like groupwork.

1 1.49%
  • I am an INTP - I like groupwork.

1 1.49%
  • I am an Extrovert - I like groupwork.

1 1.49%
  • I am an Introvert - I like groupwork.

0 0%
  • I am an ENTJ - I dislike groupwork.

0 0%
  • I am an ENTP - I dislike groupwork.

6 8.96%
  • I am an INTJ - I dislike groupwork.

6 8.96%
  • I am an INTP - I dislike groupwork.

31 46.27%
  • I am an Extrovert - I dislike groupwork.

4 5.97%
  • I am an Introvert - I dislike groupwork.

8 11.94%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default Who hates groupwork?

I know I do.

I always seem to get the short end of the stick. I'm usually put into a position where I can't pick my group members, or there's no one in my group whom I know I can rely on consistently ahead of time. To pile it on top of that, most times I don't give a rat's ass about what I'm working on.

It's a constant pain in the ass, figuring out when to meet up, just to have people not meet up, throwing the schedule of, figuring out ways of communication...Then there's the shared burden of work. I often end up picking up the slack for other members for whatever reason. It's so fucking annoying. If I know what I have to do, I'll get it done.

I would almost prefer to be the group leader of most group projects I'm working on, however, I'm lazy and I don't feel like expending the energy to wrangle everyone together and give them their tasks and getting it done efficiently.

It's a little different if I'm with a group of people I like or know to be dependable, because then I know shit will get done and it will be a lot less stressful.

If it's a topic I'm genuinely interested in, I won't mind being the group leader.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

ThatGirl

Here

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

It always depends on the group.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    It always depends on the group.
    Yeah, and your current frame of mind. There are days when I just don't feel like dealing with people, so group work seems like hell.

The people in the group really matter, though. With the right people I can find my own niche, engage in jokes and have a good time. But I've also had bad experiences where my ideas were promptly ignored and I shriveled back into a sulk. If I had a choice between working independently or in groups, I'd instinctively go for the former.

So... I don't know which to vote for.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've found that in group projects, either I'm very interested in it and turn into an ENTJ and strong-arm the whole thing, or I'm very disinterested and do the minimum. All or nothing.

So I guess I'm a good team player only when I'm running the team.

I hate every kind of work. But, honestly, I don't even know. I can't even think of a time that I worked in a group. It could be fun if everybody was equally passionate about the project.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INtP

When I was in school, I generally liked group work (although it was rarely assigned, aside from lab partners). I should note that I don't think that I ever was in a group-work project where we didn't get to pick our own group -- which of course makes all the difference in the world. Getting assigned a mooch as a partner would anger me to no end.

Nowadays, I don't really enjoy group work. I vastly prefer getting a task and doing it myself from start to finish. Otherwise, it always seems like I get in the position of "you're responsible for the whole thing, but you can't control what the other groupmembers do/don't do." Which I greatly dislike. Also... the efficiency of a group really does seem to be half that of the least efficient member - divided by the number of people in the group. This annoys me greatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm an ENFP and I hate group work.

I accidentally voted ENTP that didn't like group work, so I apologize. Careless mistake.

Group work is just...blah. I don't like having to sift through ideas and having to always make everybody happy. Perhaps group work is a more Fe thing? I have never liked it.

I love individual work. However, I don't often mind one or two others helping. But I hate being in a large group. I'm not a joiner.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I like group work when the other members keep up. If they can't, it can get annoying. Group work in school growing up was a pain in the ass, because of how inconsistent the members can be, and it becomes a game of preventing the others from dragging you down. As ways of thinking specialize further, it becomes very productive and fun, as it becomes easier to delegate among the members' particular strengths and it becomes a game of how efficient can we make this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

I don't hate it all that much, but voted "dislike" because if given the choice I would work by myself. It just seems pointless when I think a lot of people - not just myself - would benefit much more from working in solitude. This is in school, but I think it would generally be the same in any environment for me. One or two partners, I'm game. But more than that and I feel like I am either doing all the work or none of it - the workload is rarely evenly divvied and the time it takes to discuss and debate options amongst a group of people with very different opinions wastes time.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx