User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like groupwork?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an ENTJ - I like groupwork.

7 10.45%
  • I am an ENTP - I like groupwork.

2 2.99%
  • I am an INTJ - I like groupwork.

1 1.49%
  • I am an INTP - I like groupwork.

1 1.49%
  • I am an Extrovert - I like groupwork.

1 1.49%
  • I am an Introvert - I like groupwork.

0 0%
  • I am an ENTJ - I dislike groupwork.

0 0%
  • I am an ENTP - I dislike groupwork.

6 8.96%
  • I am an INTJ - I dislike groupwork.

6 8.96%
  • I am an INTP - I dislike groupwork.

31 46.27%
  • I am an Extrovert - I dislike groupwork.

4 5.97%
  • I am an Introvert - I dislike groupwork.

8 11.94%
First 4567 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am in INTP. It depends on the people I work with and the pace they work with. If it matches my own, I like it. If not, I dislike it.

In most cases in real life I've disliked it, though not always. Still I'll vote that.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

It depends on the people in the group. Sometimes if they know what they're doing and are hard workers, then tasks can be accomplished much more efficiently than alone. However it can be a disaster if people don't pull their weight. There are more than couple people out there that don't like me because I got pissed when they didn't want to do anything. When it comes down to a big project, I don't mess around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm an INTP and I LIKE group work.

Of course it depends on the work, but I have found that if I am willing to work with people smarter than me, I can learn a lot.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I'm an INTP and I LIKE group work.

Of course it depends on the work, but I have found that if I am willing to work with people smarter than me, I can learn a lot.
    you must be a terrible introvert, then. *ostracizes*
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP

always the same: either I realize they're better than me and feel like I'm holding them back or, more often, they hold me back, and I then have to sit through an explanation of how our project coulda been better if they'd just listened to me, which they'll never admit
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I DO!! i dislike any organized gathering at all. never been once to a book club either though that's the big thing in the mom world. i have horrible (PTSD? haha) memories of graduate school and having to do group 'work' (what an effin joke--like a group of cattle can get any real work done?) and there was this drop-out philosophy major girl (ntp?) who thought she was in charge of everyone and she was always trying to boss me and everyone around and stuff and we were always getting in these little uncomfortable situations and she thought she knew everything and i hated it so much. sorry.....*pops another valium* ahhhhhh. sigh.

i do like potlucks but that's about it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I DO!! i dislike any organized gathering at all. never been once to a book club either though that's the big thing in the mom world. i have horrible (PTSD? haha) memories of graduate school and having to do group 'work' (what an effin joke--like a group of cattle can get any real work done?) and there was this drop-out philosophy major girl (ntp?) who thought she was in charge of everyone and she was always trying to boss me and everyone around and stuff and we were always getting in these little uncomfortable situations and she thought she knew everything and i hated it so much. sorry.....*pops another valium* ahhhhhh. sigh.

i do like potlucks but that's about it.
    everybody likes potlucks. it's the good(usually) food. screw the social aspect, just give everybody the 'smile and nod' treatment. eat food, go home.
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SecantSquared View Post
    everybody likes potlucks. it's the good(usually) food. screw the social aspect, just give everybody the 'smile and nod' treatment. eat food, go home.
    i usually end up organizing one or two potlucks each year around here cuz all the e's are too busy. i love seeing everyone but then i feel guilty if someone leaves and i haven't been able to have one-on-one time with them. and i find it kinda hard to mingle.....i usually end up clumped up with one or two people cuz i get overwhelmed. yet i feel driven to have them nonetheless.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh dear - group work, the bane of my life.

I've had to frequently get involved in group work during a recent course. 75% of the group members are normally incompetent. The large majority of the time, I am put forward as project manager. As was mentioned in a previous post, I get really frustrated with the idiots, and feel guilty when I know there's someone that's better than me.

Yes, I can work with people, no I don't need to prove this, and yes if you don't do what I tell you to do I'd like to fire your ass.

The most excruciating example was this semester when I was studying on a module with someone I work with. The colleague would not get involved in the project, would insist on doing their own thing and not contributing to discussions. I couldn't say a damn thing as I had to work with them. It really tested my powers of diplomacy.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am an INTJ - I like groupwork. 1 1.75%

Which person said this? Go on, admit it! Shame on you!