User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Romance question for TP women

(I'm placing the thread here in the NT Rationale, but STPs are invited to respond as well.)

TP women, when you become interested in a man, how do you behave toward him? We're talking about a man who is single.

I prefer anecdotal accounts to theorizing.

Edit: Make that preferably anecdotal accounts from when you were 20 years old, if that makes a difference.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I pay direct attention to him, singling him out. Since I am an E, I can be somewhat scattered and everyone thinks I am flirting with them, but when I like a man, he knows. Joking, banter, wit, music and laughter become more focused on him. I am extremely impatient/restless so after a few days of direct attention and humor, he usually gets asked something along the lines of "I like you, so what's up?" Direct and to the point. When I like a man, I can get a little jittery (excitement overload with no output) and make even more sensory mistakes than usual. For example, I went out for tea with a guy that I like and I completely missed my mouth (twice) and almost knocked over the kettle (twice). I think I banged my hip when I stood up. I am so focused on the mental connection that I often forget about the physical plane. It's almost slapstick funny.

MBTI
    INTJ

... I failed to provide you contrarians with something to oppose, didn't I?

To be more specific, could you conceivably be interested in a man and yet not bother to read what corresponds to his visitor messages on a board like this (edit: I mean, the corresponding feature at another online community)? I'm thinking no, but maybe I'm just projecting since I'm a stalker an INTJ. Edit the next day: Assume you have just left a visitor message yourself. Do you glance down at the other messages and click on 'View Conversation' or not?

Edit: Oops, I see jenocyde didn't need more coaxing at least.

(No, the above post didn't take me 7 minutes ; I got distracted by a text.)
    Last edited by Economica; 08-02-2009 at 04:20 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oh. I don't even think to spy on a person, to be honest. It never even occurs to me. Maybe my ego is so huge too big or I have too many things going on, I don't know. It doesn't even cross my mind to look. I figure that if he wants me to know something, he'll tell me. But when we start dating, it's a completely different story. I want to know everything, not out of jealousy, but out of the same curiosity that I had in my first chemistry class. I can't explain it but I literally need to absorb as much information as I can. I still don't spy, though - but I will hound him to death with question after question. Sexy, right? :rolli:

(and lol about the 7 minutes. too cute!!)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I pay direct attention to him, singling him out. Since I am an E, I can be somewhat scattered and everyone thinks I am flirting with them, but when I like a man, he knows. Joking, banter, wit, music and laughter become more focused on him. I am extremely impatient/restless so after a few days of direct attention and humor, he usually gets asked something along the lines of "I like you, so what's up?" Direct and to the point. When I like a man, I can get a little jittery (excitement overload with no output) and make even more sensory mistakes than usual. For example, I went out for tea with a guy that I like and I completely missed my mouth (twice) and almost knocked over the kettle (twice). I think I banged my hip when I stood up. I am so focused on the mental connection that I often forget about the physical plane. It's almost slapstick funny.
    jeno, i could have written this... you are scaring me... give me back my thoughts!! they are my intellectual property!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, epp, we definitely sound similar on every single post!

Economica - to answer your question, I don't belong to any other forums, so I really don't know my online etiquette. I have no basis of comparison. But I don't facebook stalk or google them or anything... and I certainly don't read people's walls here, aside from just casually noticing things when I post.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

Very much relate to the bolded. I don't meet that many that make me act that way, though. The other cues will be way more subtle, though I will probably touch him more than I would a friend.
    Something Witty

Romance question for TP women
    Get a bigger place to live. There's simply not enough room in a teepee for romance.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Get a bigger place to live. There's simply not enough room in a teepee for romance.
    Says YOU...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Jen's story and everyone's subsequent agreement is cracking me up.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;