half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Edit the next day: Assume you have just left a visitor message yourself. Do you glance down at the other messages and click on 'View Conversation' or not?
    Normally, I search for a person and click view conversation, so I don't see any person's conversation other than my own anyway. But if I do navigate to someone's wall and see something interesting, yes, I might click view conversation. But this is not exclusive to romantic interests, and most times, I don't want to be bothered or distracted so I normally click view conversation for my own conversation prior to seeing anyone else's conversation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Normally, I search for a person and click view conversation, so I don't see any person's conversation other than my own anyway. But if I do navigate to someone's wall and see something interesting, yes, I might click view conversation. But this is not exclusive to romantic interests, and most times, I don't want to be bothered or distracted so I normally click view conversation for my own conversation prior to seeing anyone else's conversation.
    But if you were interested in the man and you were on his visitor message page, how likely is it that you would disregard the conversations below? Or conversely, if you did disregard them, how interested could you possibly be?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

But if you were interested in the man and you were on his visitor message page, how likely is it that you would disregard the conversations below? Or conversely, if you did disregard them, how interested could you possibly be?

I don't know how many other ways to tell you this (!!) but I am not interested in stalking. I really don't care. I am 95% likely to disregard any conversations below mine unless something overtly jumps out as sexual in nature.

My level of (non)stalking is not an indication of my interest level. I simply don't care and I feel kind of weird for spying or keeping tabs, because I would be mortified if someone did that to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Get a bigger place to live. There's simply not enough room in a teepee for romance.
    LOL. I'm glad you're using more N, wolfy. I was thinking of saying something like that, myself, but I worried it might be too silly.

Since the question seems to be answered and everyone agrees with jenocyde... here are the two things that I thought of, that I've been wanting to share, since I saw this thread:

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know how many other ways to tell you this (!!) but I am not interested in stalking. I really don't care. I am 95% likely to disregard any conversations below mine unless something overtly jumps out as sexual in nature.

My level of (non)stalking is not an indication of my interest level. I simply don't care and I feel kind of weird for spying or keeping tabs, because I would be mortified if someone did that to me.
    All right, I believe you.

Should anyone, especially an ITP, disagree, I'm all ears.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

To be more specific, could you conceivably be interested in a man and yet not bother to read what corresponds to his visitor messages on a board like this (edit: I mean, the corresponding feature at another online community)? I'm thinking no, but maybe I'm just projecting since I'm a stalker an INTJ. Edit the next day: Assume you have just left a visitor message yourself. Do you glance down at the other messages and click on 'View Conversation' or not?
    If it's someone I'm really interested in and it's public information he has put out there, I have a very very strong compulsion to gather whatever information I can. I'm not going to invade privacy / impose myself, but if there is publicly available info, yes, I'm going to research... it's part of my sneaky stalkerette strategery!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I pay direct attention to him, singling him out. Since I am an E, I can be somewhat scattered and everyone thinks I am flirting with them, but when I like a man, he knows. Joking, banter, wit, music and laughter become more focused on him. I am extremely impatient/restless so after a few days of direct attention and humor, he usually gets asked something along the lines of "I like you, so what's up?" Direct and to the point. When I like a man, I can get a little jittery (excitement overload with no output) and make even more sensory mistakes than usual. I am so focused on the mental connection that I often forget about the physical plane. It's almost slapstick funny.
    Oh. I don't even think to spy on a person, to be honest. It never even occurs to me. Maybe my ego is so huge too big or I have too many things going on, I don't know. It doesn't even cross my mind to look. I figure that if he wants me to know something, he'll tell me. But when we start dating, it's a completely different story. I want to know everything, not out of jealousy, but out of the same curiosity that I had in my first chemistry class. I can't explain it but I literally need to absorb as much information as I can. I still don't spy, though - but I will hound him to death with question after question. Sexy, right? :rolli:
    That saved me writing a lot.

I don't have an interest in reading messages between the object of my attention and others unless something jumps out at me, if I did though it would be to understand and know them better, like Jen it's normal for me to ask question after question after question directly so I can absorb as much as I can, I like reading people's reactions to direct interaction so stalking is no fun.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm a compulsive information gatherer, but not when it comes to people I actually know/am interested in. That crosses a line, to me, and feels like invasion of privacy. I'm not saying I've never read a thread on someone's visitor wall, but I don't make a practice of it. I've had people snoop around trying to find things out about me, and it makes me feel invaded. It also robs me of the chance to share things with you when I'm ready or trust you. If you're snooping, you're not getting context.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm a compulsive information gatherer, but not when it comes to people I actually know/am interested in. That crosses a line, to me, and feels like invasion of privacy. I'm not saying I've never read a thread on someone's visitor wall, but I don't make a practice of it. I've had people snoop around trying to find things out about me, and it makes me feel invaded. It also robs me of the chance to share things with you when I'm ready or trust you. If you're snooping, you're not getting context.
    Well, I also communicate too (so it's not like I'm just hoarding it, I'm talking to the person and clarifying things), and I'm pretty careful about that. I'm pretty sensitive to how people might read me, so I take that into account when decide what to read and what not to read.

About the "sneakiest" thing I did was figure out where an online friend of mine lived so I could send her a birthday card as a surprise. I also knew that she'd actually be pleased to get it; if it had been another person, I'd not have done that. Likewise, if I sense a guy would view that as an invasion of privacy, I wouldn't do it; and if someone left their PM account open, I would never go into it or read someone's e-mails without permission no matter how curious I was.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsTP

Oh, what a rare occasion. Well, when I do like someone, I typically try to hide all of my emotions (I know, counter-productive, right?), but seeing as how my NT can sometimes morph into the not-so-typical SF in this stage of the game, I'd probably be easy to figure out.

As for the stalking thing, I'd definitely like to check their Facebook page on a regular basis, but hey, if they made their information public, it's not really intrusive, right?