• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Good qualities of INTJs

ygolo

My termites win
OK. This is What The NT Rationale's most recent posts look like.

attachment.php

I realize NTs are fond of criticism and I believe that constructive criticism exists and is good for refinement and improvement, but perhaps we're over doing it. Besides I am no closer to understanding the criticism of INTPs than I was at the beginning of the rant on INTPs thread.

I realize INTJs have no need for this, but since they have topics about why they suck, why they are intimidating, and why they are perfectionists, maybe we should start a thread similar to "The ISTJ Fanclub".

So my list:
  1. Original, imaginative and creative
  2. Outspoken, challenges the status quo.
  3. Generally good quick decision makers
  4. Have visions for the future.
  5. Are generally organized.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Why? There are no where near the Theorist (NT) bashings, as opposed to Improviser (SP) and Traditionalist (SJ) bashings on this or any other forum. I think it's healthy for all types to come to a realization that their poop is not impervious to stench simply because they are a certain type.

lastrailway

One would expect the whole forum would jump in the thread listing the INTJs' good qualities... Wonder why this hasn't happenned yet

Helfeather

MBTI Type
IXTX
What I like about INTJs:

1. Are objective and concise
2. Are calm and organized
3. Are imaginative and creative
4. Always seeking to improve
5. Are not threatened by status
6. Have the ability to bring surreal into usable reality

INTJs are like intellectuals that don't require appreciation for motivation, but rather, require the resources to realize their dreams for the greater good of humanity as a whole.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like INTJ's. Sure, they can be crass, argumentative, and insensitive, but they're more than intelligent enough to make up for this. If you can look past the gruff exterior, you'll see some of the most insightful, clever people in the world. If you succeed in enlisting their help in something, they are likely your most innovative planners and most competent workers. If they've developed enough Fi, they're often fairly trustworthy and quietly sympathetic as well.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
- Know what they know and, importantly, what they don't know
- Strategic and think about long term consequences for actions
- Persevering
- Able to maintain a controversial opinion, even in the presence of strong opposition
- Perfectionnistic
- Wise
- Authentic and stable investment in relationships
- Good at taking objective and tough decisions

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wouldn't mind one like this for us ENTPs!

I like INTJ's. I dig them. Sometimes they confuse me because I think I've said something clearly to them and yet they seem to always miss my point, whilst thinking I've missed theirs when I know I haven't, I've answered it - they just don't see the connection. But unlike when this happens with other types, with INTJ's they are always ready to calmly and reasonably work through the misunderstanding, and they don't seem to harbour any hard feelings afterwards, and they don't take any of it personally. I've known people (particularly F's) who take it very personally when you misunderstand them, as if you're deliberately not trying to because you don't care. INTJ's never do that (but ENTJ's do, though they deny it).

And I really dig the way they stick to their guns when they know they're right. That's something I relate to a lot. I know that if I get the INTJ on my side then I've got a powerful advocate who won't back down any more than I will; I can rely on them.

And they're also very sincere. I've never met an INTJ that wasn't really genuine, without a fake bone in their body.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
So my list:
  1. Original, imaginative and creative
  2. Outspoken, challenges the status quo.
  3. Generally good quick decision makers
  4. Have visions for the future.
  5. Are generally organized.
Great idea.
I was thinking the same thing myself.
I agree with you about being more positive, or at least having better balance.
I have never done well with criticism, so I am not particularly fond of it myself.

intellectual
imaginative
innovative
unique
analytical
logical
intellectually curious
driven to learn and increase their competence and knowledge
organized
definitive

original minds
great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals
quickly see patterns in external events
develop long-range explanatory perspectives
when committed, organize a job and carry it through
have high standards of competence and performance---for themselves and others.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I really, really like the INTJs I know. Brilliant people. Funny, sweet and charming each in their own way. I think most of the good qualities that come to mind have already been mentioned, so I'll stop at that.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
  • Despite off-beat ways of thinking, we have very practical ways of doing.
  • We are careful with our money, not unlike ISTJ.
  • We are superior to everyone else.

Usehername

On a mission
I was just gmail chatting with a friend and scheming a plan for him; his reply was, "you construct plans 4 years in advance. and i bet they mostly work out. so i will trust you"

it's totally true. i DO scheme a lot for my future. and i have an impressive success rate, too. i hear this is a very intj trait. and we can help you plan your life. and we will enjoy it:D

Mendacity

INTJs seem to be more independent than many other classes (at least the ones I know and what I have read online). Also, I think we tend to question authority, but not in a dogmatic, "you are the authority and therefore I will question everything you say for that reason and that reason alone!" way. More in a rational, thoughtful way. And I think that's a really good quality to have. :D

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
the best thing about the intj is the trains that come and go out of their railway stations:devil:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love their sense of humour too. Subtle, clever, always in good taste and often quite deadpan. I love people who others can never tell whether they're joking or not, and many of these are INTJ's.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My best friend is an INTJ, now a licenced psychologist, and I'm starting to know one other INTJ more deeply (I've known him for five years only, so it's only a beginning for this personality type, lol). He is doing is doctorate studies in computer science.
-both calm, disliking to make distractions.
-good time management skills. They take into account social reasons to alter schedules, tho within set limits.
-both having studied their respective areas deeply, they appreciate well-presented knowledge from other fields and are open to have more insight.
-socially and ethically very responsible persons. They both participate in work that aims to improve the society, but it's no fuzzy tree-hugging or charity or such. They see deeply into society and notice it's structures, and both have chosen key areas for their work that relates to their deep knowledge about the subject.
-accepting of uncertainty, allowing themselves to ponder different options, capable of listening to alternate viewpoints. Expressive but non-judgemental when hearing something they dont agree on.
-show their friendship by valuing your time and wishes in practical ways. I prefer that over overtly expressive feelings.
-They enjoy life from most of the angles possible, apart from anything showy or flashy.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
what i like best about intjs are their ability to combine the classical learner's qualities with the imaginative insights of intuition and let the latter rule. truly a great configuration!

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I like INTJ's because:
They are calm, level-headed, and good listeners
They "march to the beat of their own drummer"...as in, they don't see a need to follow societal norms as much as other types do.
If you ever make it into an INTJ's inner circle, you know they value you greatly...and it's a wonderful feeling.
I love their dry, sarcastic sense of humor
I love that they are the only type I can simply sit in silence with and feel completely content with no pressure to fill the silence with talking.