• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Good qualities of INTJs

Mendacity

I think part of the reason we're typically so unconcerned with other people's perceptions of or comments on us is because they can never be as harsh as the critics in our heads.

I think that's a good insight.
In my experience, the worst part about being an INTJ seems to be the fact that most people don't understand me and are often offended by me or the things I say (such as, "no, that's not a good idea and we're not going to do it." or "I'm sorry, but that's just not the case. You have been misinformed." or "No, you're wrong.")
Also being an un-girly girl who is independent, thinking, outspoken and sarcastic doesn't make you a very popular girl. Which has always surprised me, as the typical female archetype has always kind of pissed me off.

Uberfuhrer keeps putting his own personal opinions and applying them to the INTJ's. I don't agree with any of them, and I am an INTJ...

One thing I've learned from this sight is that INTJs come in all types (hehehe). There are INTJs here that hold views on politics, religion, race and gender issues, the world in general, etc. that I STRONGLY disagree with. They generally hold those views for good reasons, regardless of how I feel about them, and I think it's important to remember that all people of a given type will not be the same. They will be similar, of course, but we are all still individuals who come from a variety of backgrounds and have had a variety of different experiences in our lives that have formed our opinions and shaped our personalities and it seems like people often forget this when talking about MBTI.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think part of the reason we're typically so unconcerned with other people's perceptions of or comments on us is because they can never be as harsh as the critics in our heads.
Exactly.

Usehername

On a mission

Also, because it's always in our heads, this is not a blow from left field. we've already examined it, and so when people make comments, you're not observing our initial reaction. we've already had it in our heads. so it looks like we're not concerned with what you're saying because you're seeing us on Step 9 of dealing with that specific issue instead of the 1st "this is a problem you have". people are rarely there for step 1.

kristin

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that's a good insight.

One thing I've learned from this sight is that INTJs come in all types (hehehe). There are INTJs here that hold views on politics, religion, race and gender issues, the world in general, etc. that I STRONGLY disagree with. They generally hold those views for good reasons, regardless of how I feel about them, and I think it's important to remember that all people of a given type will not be the same. They will be similar, of course, but we are all still individuals who come from a variety of backgrounds and have had a variety of different experiences in our lives that have formed our opinions and shaped our personalities and it seems like people often forget this when talking about MBTI.

Well said, Mendacity. While INTJs share many traits, I often worry that by placing people in neat little MBTI categories we forget how individually unique each of us really is. It's the way we think that unites us as INTJs, not necessarily WHAT we think.

Mendacity

Well said, Mendacity. While INTJs share many traits, I often worry that by placing people in neat little MBTI categories we forget how individually unique each of us really is. It's the way we think that unites us as INTJs, not necessarily WHAT we think.

Exactly!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is stated beautifully.

MBTI is about internal processing, not specific external behaviors. In the majority of these online discussions, i find that the focus tends to be on very surface behaviors which can just as easily be determined by culture and other factors. The personality system only accounts for one layer of the person.

greenapple

One of my best friends is an INTJ and I love INTJs in general...
I will describe my personal appreciation of my INFJ friend.

-Enigmatic (he always has this dreamy smile on his
face, but I have no idea what he is thinking about)
-Great sense of humor
-Finds pleasure in his thoughts that can offset a boring situation
-Very Intelligent
-Knows what I am talking about when many others do not
-Obsessive (I see this as a good thing cause so am I)

I think these characteristics apply to INTJs in general
Plain amazing in general

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I like how INTJs are understated. They are good researchers. They are kind in their own very genuine way. And they do things well.

I just like INTJs for being INTJs. I wish there were more of them, but that would probably devalue them (while still making me very very happy).

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Being an INTJ is misery, but meeting one is great.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Exactly.

Being an INTJ is misery, but meeting one is great.

I'm not miserable. Far from it. I like me. I'd like to meet more like me too.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
That is probably because you are a slightly expressed intj.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That is probably because you are a slightly expressed intj.

Are you not the slightly expressed INTJ here? Little letters here may just mean that he's too lazy to hit the shift key...

Well, I like being an INTJ too. Most of the time it feels like you know what you're doing... but when you don't, you just kind of mentally drop out. And it can be an exhausting feeling.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ni for the win. Wouldn't have it any other way.

yugyug

MBTI Type
I?TP
INTJ: Thinks for His Supper

I know a couple online and a couple IRL (hubby is one). They like structure and, therefore, bullet-point lists.

* Excellent system analysts -- This gets them in trouble with the sensitive, at times, but they are great at:
- dissecting any system,
- thinking of ways it would run more efficiently,
- developing a main plan as well as contingency plans on how this efficiency can be achieved, and then,
- either communicating the plans so others can implement them or actually doing it themselves.​

* Objectively and sincerely kind -- When they care about another, it is genuine compassion and empathy. It is expressed by taking the time to think through solutions to the problem and making suggestions (or implementing the solution, if the person in need is helpless). What I admire about them is their objective analysis of when to help and when to walk away. They value their own time, wanting to make themselves as productive in the time frame as possible. If the person rejects the help or insists on getting into the same situation repeatedly ("lost cause"), then the INTJs I know will walk away.

* Style of humor is adaptable and they monitor well where to use each style. If they respect you but don't know you well, they'll tune the style to be light and general (non-offensive to most). If you haven't earned respect, they'll either not express humor at all or say just enough to get you to move along. If they respect you and know you well, their natural, unfettered style (sharp, sarcastic analogies; dry; intelligent) is great (George Carlin or Douglas Adams rather than Adam Sandler). It meshes well with my own, so I have fun with them.

* As mentioned by others, very persistent, persevering. Expecially true when they know the idea is worthy and able to make a system better or help others long-term.

* Good at determining the motives and perspectives of others.

V

violaine

^That's a great description.

I've only known one irl. If he is true to type I suspect I would get along well with other INTJs as friends. He is highly imaginative while remaining practical. Efficiency is his byword, he is pretty tightly wound but in a more relaxed setting he will loosen up a little. I love posing a question to him and watching him go to work on the answer. His explanations and justifications are very elegant and precise. I find that we really communicate well, we both use a lot of figurative speech, it's very satisfying, we have the best conversations.

Also, once you get used to the blistering honesty, which is bracing at first, never having to guess at where you stand with this person is quite nice. INTJs seem to either like your company or they don't. I think it's the kind of friendship that is difficult to start but once you reach a certain point it's fairly unshakable, as long as the non-INTJ does most of the contacting.

Last edited:

hathor_sekhmet

MBTI Type
INFP
They give the impression of being steady.

They are confident in their knowledge.

They are very intelligent and competent, but that's a given.

In my observation (I know around three irl, and my father is likely one) they can be somewhat fragile inside, and this just makes me like them even more.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
All the praise and compliments........I wish I was an intj

Wait, I am........and it comes with a hefty price tag. Its not a "fun" type...but ruling the free world is an exhausting job. How did I get suckered into this...and does anyone know how to make it stop? Its not fair, I tells ya.....I want to ride unicorns naked and bask in the safety of rainbows. That biting sense of humor is based out of desperation...we know that no one is going to save us.