• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Good qualities of INTJs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love their sense of humour too. Subtle, clever, always in good taste and often quite deadpan. I love people who others can never tell whether they're joking or not, and many of these are INTJ's.

Funny. Most of my colleagues at work can never figure out when I'm joking, and it's caused me some inter-personal problems.

I explain it as follows:
If it's about work, I'm 100% not joking.
If it's about everything else, 95% of the time I'm joking.

The problem is that apparently I have a very even tone of voice and a very observational, dry sense of humour, so not everyone "gets it" (it seems obvious to me in my head!).

Other INTJs completely get it though.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INTJs have 'good qualities'? :thinking:

Funny. From how they're portrayed in fiction, you wouldn't expect that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Smart, organized, good managers, able to turn a fat panda into the Dragon Warrior in no time.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I've always seemed to relate to an INTJ on an emotional level. Their Fi lives as a prisoner in a deep dungeon, whereas my Fi lives as a prisoner in the surface world.

That's why I know when I see one smile, it's genuine.

T

ThatGirl

they are the only ones who don't look at me like I have spaghetti coming out of my nose.

its true

B

ByMySword

Eh, don't worry about it. She's drunk. As am I. But not drunk enough to fuck up talking about what I admire about my best friend.

Anyway, an INTJ is my best friend, Metamorphosis.

I can talk to him about anything and he always understands. Many times, I find myself idolizing him. He's always so cool headed, so logical. Its almost like nothing bothers him at all. I wish I could be like that, sometimes.

But we all have our strengths. He has his, and I have mine. I guess it works out that way in the end.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I wouldn't mind one like this for us ENTPs!

I like INTJ's. I dig them. Sometimes they confuse me because I think I've said something clearly to them and yet they seem to always miss my point, whilst thinking I've missed theirs when I know I haven't, I've answered it - they just don't see the connection. But unlike when this happens with other types, with INTJ's they are always ready to calmly and reasonably work through the misunderstanding, and they don't seem to harbour any hard feelings afterwards, and they don't take any of it personally. I've known people (particularly F's) who take it very personally when you misunderstand them, as if you're deliberately not trying to because you don't care. INTJ's never do that (but ENTJ's do, though they deny it).

And I really dig the way they stick to their guns when they know they're right. That's something I relate to a lot. I know that if I get the INTJ on my side then I've got a powerful advocate who won't back down any more than I will; I can rely on them.

And they're also very sincere. I've never met an INTJ that wasn't really genuine, without a fake bone in their body.
:wubbie: Thanks. I feel loved.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Funny. Most of my colleagues at work can never figure out when I'm joking, and it's caused me some inter-personal problems.

I explain it as follows:
If it's about work, I'm 100% not joking.
If it's about everything else, 95% of the time I'm joking.

The problem is that apparently I have a very even tone of voice and a very observational, dry sense of humour, so not everyone "gets it" (it seems obvious to me in my head!).

Other INTJs completely get it though.
I used to be 100% serious all the time,
but I have been married to an ISTP for 26 years and he has broken me of my solemnity.
Also because of what I have learned about myself from MBTT,
I have been able to learn to laugh at myself and not take myself - and life - so seriously.
Generally speaking though, I prefer serious.
I have learned to make jokes,
but I have to make it very obvious that I'm joking or else people aren't sure.

yugyug

MBTI Type
I?TP
I used to be 100% serious all the time,
but I have been married to an ISTP for 26 years and he has broken me of my solemnity.

Hey, cool, I knew I was good for SOMETHING in my marriage to an INTJ! :cheese:

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I like this thread. Although, there's this weird, happy-ish feeling in my chest after reading it that I'm not sure what to do about... :rofl1:

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
they are the only ones who don't look at me like I have spaghetti coming out of my nose.

its true

thats because they saw it coming......wait you didnt have spaghetti coming out of your nose? Nevermind......I'm drunk and refuse to admit I read that wrong. I look at everyone like they have a bowl of spaghetti on their head...even when its still in the kitchen. Many times I dump it on myself.....just to blend in. Saves me the painful experience of explaining how I "magically" avoided such a universal tragedy. To quote Stanley Kubrick "I'm still fooling them"....never has a truer intj summed it up in four words. Brevity baby.......we only have so many mintues.