User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I think part of the reason we're typically so unconcerned with other people's perceptions of or comments on us is because they can never be as harsh as the critics in our heads.
    I think that's a good insight.
    In my experience, the worst part about being an INTJ seems to be the fact that most people don't understand me and are often offended by me or the things I say (such as, "no, that's not a good idea and we're not going to do it." or "I'm sorry, but that's just not the case. You have been misinformed." or "No, you're wrong.")
    Also being an un-girly girl who is independent, thinking, outspoken and sarcastic doesn't make you a very popular girl. Which has always surprised me, as the typical female archetype has always kind of pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Naokohiro View Post
    Uberfuhrer keeps putting his own personal opinions and applying them to the INTJ's. I don't agree with any of them, and I am an INTJ...
    One thing I've learned from this sight is that INTJs come in all types (hehehe). There are INTJs here that hold views on politics, religion, race and gender issues, the world in general, etc. that I STRONGLY disagree with. They generally hold those views for good reasons, regardless of how I feel about them, and I think it's important to remember that all people of a given type will not be the same. They will be similar, of course, but we are all still individuals who come from a variety of backgrounds and have had a variety of different experiences in our lives that have formed our opinions and shaped our personalities and it seems like people often forget this when talking about MBTI.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think part of the reason we're typically so unconcerned with other people's perceptions of or comments on us is because they can never be as harsh as the critics in our heads.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Also, because it's always in our heads, this is not a blow from left field. we've already examined it, and so when people make comments, you're not observing our initial reaction. we've already had it in our heads. so it looks like we're not concerned with what you're saying because you're seeing us on Step 9 of dealing with that specific issue instead of the 1st "this is a problem you have". people are rarely there for step 1.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    I think that's a good insight.

One thing I've learned from this sight is that INTJs come in all types (hehehe). There are INTJs here that hold views on politics, religion, race and gender issues, the world in general, etc. that I STRONGLY disagree with. They generally hold those views for good reasons, regardless of how I feel about them, and I think it's important to remember that all people of a given type will not be the same. They will be similar, of course, but we are all still individuals who come from a variety of backgrounds and have had a variety of different experiences in our lives that have formed our opinions and shaped our personalities and it seems like people often forget this when talking about MBTI.

Well said, Mendacity. While INTJs share many traits, I often worry that by placing people in neat little MBTI categories we forget how individually unique each of us really is. It's the way we think that unites us as INTJs, not necessarily WHAT we think.

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    Well said, Mendacity. While INTJs share many traits, I often worry that by placing people in neat little MBTI categories we forget how individually unique each of us really is. It's the way we think that unites us as INTJs, not necessarily WHAT we think.
    Exactly!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    This is stated beautifully.

MBTI is about internal processing, not specific external behaviors. In the majority of these online discussions, i find that the focus tends to be on very surface behaviors which can just as easily be determined by culture and other factors. The personality system only accounts for one layer of the person.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

One of my best friends is an INTJ and I love INTJs in general...
    I will describe my personal appreciation of my INFJ friend.

-Enigmatic (he always has this dreamy smile on his
    face, but I have no idea what he is thinking about)
    -Great sense of humor
    -Finds pleasure in his thoughts that can offset a boring situation
    -Very Intelligent
    -Knows what I am talking about when many others do not
    -Obsessive (I see this as a good thing cause so am I)

I think these characteristics apply to INTJs in general
    Plain amazing in general

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

I like how INTJs are understated. They are good researchers. They are kind in their own very genuine way. And they do things well.

I just like INTJs for being INTJs. I wish there were more of them, but that would probably devalue them (while still making me very very happy).

MBTI
    ENxJ

All the INTJs that I know are extremely honest.

MBTI
    JIxT

Being an INTJ is misery, but meeting one is great.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.