User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The mentor who took the most risk to value my contribution is likely an INTJ. For all my years she is the one who has made me feel most validated as a person and professional.
    Truly great people help others to achieve greatness.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Intelligent, reliable, good sense of humor and excellent listeners.

MBTI
    ENTP

My old boss was an INTJ - I don't think I have ever met anybody who took so much delight in being dry and wilfully cynical... also, just like toonia says, fantastic mentors - I stepped up into his job when he left.

I found his sense of humour hilarious. A very demonstartive gay chap who he knew well hugged him once - the next time he had to speak to the bloke a couple of hours later, he went with a post-it note on his suit saying "do not touch".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MinorThreat View Post
    My old boss was an INTJ - I don't think I have ever met anybody who took so much delight in being dry and wilfully cynical... also, just like toonia says, fantastic mentors - I stepped up into his job when he left.

I found his sense of humour hilarious. A very demonstartive gay chap who he knew well hugged him once - the next time he had to speak to the bloke a couple of hours later, he went with a post-it note on his suit saying "do not touch".
    lol
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

Gosh. This is all awesome, especially since I've been feeling so blue lately.

Many, many years ago, my mom used the word 'astute' to describe me. That's my contribution. Shrewdness sometimes has a negative connotation, but it implies an ability to correlate details, consider disparate-seeming things abstractly and make an insightful judgement or identify an over-arcing phenomenon.

MBTI
    INTJ

Uberfuhrer keeps putting his own personal opinions and applying them to the INTJ's. I don't agree with any of them, and I am an INTJ...
    Though, everyone else seems to know what they're talking about.
    naokohiro.mypersonality.info
    IXTX personality type...
    INTJ Forum

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I wouldn't mind one like this for us ENTPs!

I like INTJ's. I dig them. Sometimes they confuse me because I think I've said something clearly to them and yet they seem to always miss my point, whilst thinking I've missed theirs when I know I haven't, I've answered it - they just don't see the connection. But unlike when this happens with other types, with INTJ's they are always ready to calmly and reasonably work through the misunderstanding, and they don't seem to harbour any hard feelings afterwards, and they don't take any of it personally. I've known people (particularly F's) who take it very personally when you misunderstand them, as if you're deliberately not trying to because you don't care. INTJ's never do that (but ENTJ's do, though they deny it).

And I really dig the way they stick to their guns when they know they're right. That's something I relate to a lot. I know that if I get the INTJ on my side then I've got a powerful advocate who won't back down any more than I will; I can rely on them.

And they're also very sincere. I've never met an INTJ that wasn't really genuine, without a fake bone in their body.
    The INTJs are honest and humble. They are innovative. They take care of their world.

They push.
    It is all right.

Nobody is perfect.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've always found it hard to be an INTJ - all that perfectionism and being so hard on ourselves...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I've always found it hard to be an INTJ - all that perfectionism and being so hard on ourselves...
    I think part of the reason we're typically so unconcerned with other people's perceptions of or comments on us is because they can never be as harsh as the critics in our heads.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 10-21-2007 at 02:29 AM.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I think part of the reason we're typically so unconcerned with other people's perceptions of or comments on us is because they can never be as harsh as the critic in our heads.
    Hrm, I have never thought of it that way but that really makes a lot of sense.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume