User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTP - not sensitive?

I noticed that Fi is the weakest function for INTP's.

INTP - Ti Ne Si Fe Te Ni Se Fi

What are all the ramifications of that?
    Are you not hurt by criticisms from other people?
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Unless if the person who is criticizing me is someone whom I care about, I couldn't give a fuck.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm an INFJ, but Fi is my weakest function.

I could easily feel offense if I'm embarrassed, or otherwise given an image I don't want in front of people, but you can pretty say anything to me in private and I won't react. I have much stronger emotional reactions when I see other people being criticized hurtfully without cause, though.

That's my experience of having Fi as a weakest function... an INTPs would probably be somewhat different.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I generally care about what my peers say about me. I'm a social INTP with the social need to be accepted. When someone says, "You Suck!" it hurts.

I'm not sure where Fi is on my strength to weakness of functions. And I may seem like a stone, but I'm really a marshmallow inside of a hard M&M-esque shell.

There's got to be some INTPs that are with me in this. Or maybe I'm typed wrong.
    Likes Jade Heart, Hitoshi-San liked this post

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTPs have feelings too. They're just hidden quite well.

However, my Fi ranks in 4th place, so... be gentle.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

i think its more dynamic than that. I'm pretty sensitive to rejection. But when its someone really stupid, I laugh at them. A lot of times when I'm rejected, its someone having low awkward tolerance and making terrible inferences about who I am.

criticisms? Well, coming from my INTJ professor, yeah. But he's a dick.

Usually I know more about what I'm doing than the criticizer does, so it often doesn't bother me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm always seeing perceived slights, but I just keep my thoughts to myself. When I'm sure someone's insulting me, I usually just end up throwing sarcastic remarks out the mouth until I'm sure I offended them. When in group situations, I just become noncommutative.
    Ti > Ne > Fi > Si > Te > Ni > Se > Fe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I can take most any vitriolic language imaginable from strangers and not bat an eyelash. Even if my good friends were to tell me something they think is a negative trait in me or criticize something I did - probably wouldn't bother me that much.

However, someone that I want to impress or gain acceptance from? Man, they have all the power to crush me under the weight of a single misplaced word.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    GONE

INTPs (ENTPs too?) can be extremely sensitive as far as how they take certain things. Sometimes it's obvious. Sometimes not. Since they don't necessarily seem to be extra sensitive with other people nor are emotionally expressive (in general, I've known and met some INTPs who are considered very kind or seem pretty social and friendly) it adds to the image of being stone cold (lol) or just untroubled by things.

I think a good visual picture would be of a wire ball with spikes, it may look prickly and tough but there are a lot of openings.

I would say of the INTPs I know irl, they can seem oblvious to certain things, certain criticisms etc., but somewhat like an INFP their real reaction is more hidden under the surface.

Also, while INTPs can be kind of blunt and even insensitive (at least the ones I know irl) at times, that doesn't mean they are immune criticism themselves. I've definitely seen the INTPs I've known, even the tough/blunt/oblivious seemings ones get really hurt or blindsided by comments, behavior, and life experiences.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    INTPs (ENTPs too?) can be extremely sensitive as far as how they take certain things. Sometimes it's obvious. Sometimes not. Since they don't necessarily seem to be extra sensitive with other people nor are emotionally expressive (in general, I've known and met some INTPs who are considered very kind or seem pretty social and friendly) it adds to the image of being stone cold (lol) or just untroubled by things.

I think a good visual picture would be of a wire ball with spikes, it may look prickly and tough but there are a lot of openings.

I would say of the INTPs I know irl, they can seem oblvious to certain things, certain criticisms etc., but somewhat like an INFP their real reaction is more hidden under the surface.

Also, while INTPs can be kind of blunt and even insensitive (at least the ones I know irl) at times, that doesn't mean they are immune criticism themselves. I've definitely seen the INTPs I've known, even the tough/blunt/oblivious seemings ones get really hurt or blindsided by comments, behavior, and life experiences.
    We definitely have feelings too, but that kind of sensitivity is not exactly the same as you might think it is. There isn't a whole lot bubbling up under the surface.