• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP - not sensitive?

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
a child that makes their parental figure cry for fun sounds like a child that doesnt feel they have any proper role models. mostly i would just wait for this kid to grow old enough to join the insane clown posse
Possibly it was a lack of role models, but the point was it was possible, even in the mind of a child, to hurt an INTP, whose skin is supposedly pretty thick. I'm using the example less to point out what a terrible person I was, and more to point out my experience with the type as emotionally responsive.
Was she crying because you actually hurt her, or because she birthed a child who actively tried to?
I was a fairly good actress when I was younger, and my friends have noted that I often hurt other people without trying, so they're less likely to notice when I do it intentionally. My mother hasn't stated this sentiment explicitly, but she's alluded to it. So yes, I think that it was because I actually hurt her. And don't worry, I feel guilty as hell about it now. One of the reasons I don't plan on having kids is that I'm worried they'll turn out like me.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was a fairly good actress when I was younger, and my friends have noted that I often hurt other people without trying, so they're less likely to notice when I do it intentionally. My mother hasn't stated this sentiment explicitly, but she's alluded to it. So yes, I think that it was because I actually hurt her. And don't worry, I feel guilty as hell about it now. One of the reasons I don't plan on having kids is that I'm worried they'll turn out like me.

I'm not worried and don't think you should feel guilty. In fact, I would like to learn more about this apparent skill.

(and your kids will turn out fine. I mean, you did...)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe it is a cross between Lenore and Beebe.
She acknowledges Beebe's archetypes as complexes, and cautions against our tencency to conflate the functions with the archetypes. In her full view, the brain lateralization (where the 7th or 8th place functions emerge) is for certain occasions when the ego has reached the end of its rope, and outside of the complexes, the functions other than the first and second are undifferentiated, so and INTP does not have to speak of "using" Fi at all! Especially when we speak of something like "sensitivity".

I'm still trying to work out how this all really fits together (like is the Fi people report really "undifferentiated", or just functionally "neutral", etc), but it is obvious that nobody's order ever comes out like "shadow" theory suggests, so some adjustment to the theory is needed. It could explain a lot of this supposed "strong Fi" I have seen in myself and others, and hence, why I have moved from the pure Beebe focus I had followed.

Has anyone seen this yet?
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...s/1416-archetypes-functions-6.html#post748446

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I'm not worried and don't think you should feel guilty. In fact, I would like to learn more about this apparent skill.

(and your kids will turn out fine. I mean, you did...)
It's too unreliable to be called a skill, per se... more an occasional stroke of genius, which may or may not be Ni-Fi working together. This worked like kryptonite on the INTP's Ne-Fe. Just luck, I suppose...

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Possibly it was a lack of role models, but the point was it was possible, even in the mind of a child, to hurt an INTP, whose skin is supposedly pretty thick. I'm using the example less to point out what a terrible person I was, and more to point out my experience with the type as emotionally responsive.

i got your point...i thought the mention of ICP would be enough to denote that i was kidding!

eNdvanIshing

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm an INTP and I'm not bothered by other people 'putting me down'...actually I find it funny to see the offenders reaction when they notice that I have no reaction.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Introverted feeling is actually my third strongest after introverted thinking and extraverted intuiting, if that test gave me right resaults.

Enyway i dont give a flying fuck is people are criticizing me, unless they criticize(in non constructive way) something that i know is my weak point.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought about this and not caring what others think. The amount I let what others say bother me depends on how much effort I put forth. There are a very small group of people that I put the effort into.

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I generally care about what my peers say about me. I'm a social INTP with the social need to be accepted. When someone says, "You Suck!" it hurts.

I'm not sure where Fi is on my strength to weakness of functions. And I may seem like a stone, but I'm really a marshmallow inside of a hard M&M-esque shell.:cry:

There's got to be some INTPs that are with me in this. Or maybe I'm typed wrong.

I'm with you, definitely. Although it might look like I'm not affected by insults and the like, I feel them hit me pretty hard. I'm terrible at managing my emotions that way, and as a result, I can get hurt deeply emotionally by petty taunts. However, I only have insults affect me if they come from someone I trust and have an emotional connection with. Otherwise, I brush them off.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs can be hypersensitive, but it is to different things than other people. I have noticed that they are often overly sensitive to various sensory stimuli (bright lights, noise, distraction), to "annoyance", and to being declared "wrong" about something.

Logic tends to supplant morality, and they are surprisingly unbothered by social rejections and insults.

wolfy

awsm
intp are really sensitive to being told they are wrong. am I rite?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems to me that I'm not alone as an INTP that scores highly as an Fi user. You can use a function without preferring the use of it. The online cognitive tests are designed to estimate how much you assimilate yourself with the functions, but not which ones you necessarily should use or do use. This is why I mistyped as an INFP for a long time. I think that INTPs are actually one of the types more inclined to use Fi, but actually be harmed by it. While an Fi dom will take their feelings in stride if they are healthy, many types that aren't "good" at handling feelings (especially the INTP with Fi being the "weakest" of their functions) will choose to avoid situations that force them to be too emotive for their own good or will simply learn and adapt over time and find healthy outlets for their Fi use. :cry: --> :blush:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I would say that I used to be very sensitive as a kid. And then it sort of went away as I grew up.

Now, I probably have the opposite problem. I don't mind professional or constructive criticism (chances are I know what will be mentioned), but any sort of insult I'll usually just brush off and interpret as an emotional response from the other person, and I can safely ignore what that person has to say. I'm of the opinion that other people's reactions and emotions to things are mostly their own problem and really not my responsibility at all.

An honest admission of some sort of lie would probably be the most hurtful to me personally, but I'd sort of internalize it and work it out on my own. It would express itself as avoiding that source of pain in the future and distance.

In ways that I'm sensitive now...probably doesn't have to do much with Fi and more about Ti or being a 5. I'm sensitive to being pushed, coerced, guilted in to doing something so I will respond more aggressively and negatively to things like that. I'm also probably disproportionately obstinate when it comes to doing things I don't want to be doing or any suggestion that I should have to change certain aspects of myself in any way.

The ramification of weak Fi, the best I can tell, is that I'm just not motivated by my feelings in any significant way. I've little concept of how I might personally be affected by things, and I have trouble seeing why it should matter. Often I can't tell if I like or dislike a thing. So long as it doesn't interrupt my train of thought, and doesn't generate any particularly interesting new thoughts, I tend to be profoundly impartial. I have trouble recognizing what mood I'm in, and rarely think of taking it into account. Because, you know, why? That's just me.

My last partner seemed to assume if I expressed a preference, it was an absolute decree: I will accept this, and only this. Generally, though, uh, no. If red is important to you, by all means go with the red. I'm just saying a contrast would be more interesting. Why are you angry?

If something is important, I'll explain it in detail, so you understand the rationale behind it. If I don't do that, chances are I don't really care.

I would basically agree with this.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
intp are really sensitive to being told they are wrong. am I rite?

I don't think they care. Also, I don't think it is the same as being oblivious.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sensitivity isn't related to the F/T differences. Everyone uses thinking and feeling. Same as everyone uses sensing and intuiting. But they are not all a talent in everyone. Thinkers trust logic and will use facts to persuade people, whereas Feelers trust emotion.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTPs, as a rule, have no hearts or souls, only circuitry.