User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 112

  1. #81
    Senior Member Willfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I do find INTPs sensitive to rejection. Every time I dump an INTP he seems upset about it.
    As opposed to other types who are relieved about it? :pornstar:

    (kidding)
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

  2. #82
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Why am I seeing a lot of INTPs with Fi in a relatively prominent position (at least 5th place) when it should be 8th? Is it because they have INTJ (or ENTJ) tendencies that would bring it up to 3rd?
    Because Lenore is right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    a child that makes their parental figure cry for fun sounds like a child that doesnt feel they have any proper role models. mostly i would just wait for this kid to grow old enough to join the insane clown posse
    Possibly it was a lack of role models, but the point was it was possible, even in the mind of a child, to hurt an INTP, whose skin is supposedly pretty thick. I'm using the example less to point out what a terrible person I was, and more to point out my experience with the type as emotionally responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Was she crying because you actually hurt her, or because she birthed a child who actively tried to?
    I was a fairly good actress when I was younger, and my friends have noted that I often hurt other people without trying, so they're less likely to notice when I do it intentionally. My mother hasn't stated this sentiment explicitly, but she's alluded to it. So yes, I think that it was because I actually hurt her. And don't worry, I feel guilty as hell about it now. One of the reasons I don't plan on having kids is that I'm worried they'll turn out like me.

  4. #84
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post

    I was a fairly good actress when I was younger, and my friends have noted that I often hurt other people without trying, so they're less likely to notice when I do it intentionally. My mother hasn't stated this sentiment explicitly, but she's alluded to it. So yes, I think that it was because I actually hurt her. And don't worry, I feel guilty as hell about it now. One of the reasons I don't plan on having kids is that I'm worried they'll turn out like me.
    I'm not worried and don't think you should feel guilty. In fact, I would like to learn more about this apparent skill.

    (and your kids will turn out fine. I mean, you did...)

  5. #85
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Courtesy Jennifer : http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...sis-intps.html
    Jennifer hasn't yet gone beyond #6, but its a good overlay.

    Also, is this Fi related stuff not a case development of functions v/s functions use preference?
    And agreed viz archetype versus variants
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

  6. #86
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I believe it is a cross between Lenore and Beebe.
    She acknowledges Beebe's archetypes as complexes, and cautions against our tencency to conflate the functions with the archetypes. In her full view, the brain lateralization (where the 7th or 8th place functions emerge) is for certain occasions when the ego has reached the end of its rope, and outside of the complexes, the functions other than the first and second are undifferentiated, so and INTP does not have to speak of "using" Fi at all! Especially when we speak of something like "sensitivity".

    I'm still trying to work out how this all really fits together (like is the Fi people report really "undifferentiated", or just functionally "neutral", etc), but it is obvious that nobody's order ever comes out like "shadow" theory suggests, so some adjustment to the theory is needed. It could explain a lot of this supposed "strong Fi" I have seen in myself and others, and hence, why I have moved from the pure Beebe focus I had followed.

    Has anyone seen this yet?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post748446
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  7. #87
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm not worried and don't think you should feel guilty. In fact, I would like to learn more about this apparent skill.

    (and your kids will turn out fine. I mean, you did...)
    It's too unreliable to be called a skill, per se... more an occasional stroke of genius, which may or may not be Ni-Fi working together. This worked like kryptonite on the INTP's Ne-Fe. Just luck, I suppose...

  8. #88
    #005645 phthalocyanine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    681

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Galusha View Post
    Possibly it was a lack of role models, but the point was it was possible, even in the mind of a child, to hurt an INTP, whose skin is supposedly pretty thick. I'm using the example less to point out what a terrible person I was, and more to point out my experience with the type as emotionally responsive.
    i got your point...i thought the mention of ICP would be enough to denote that i was kidding!

  9. #89
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    i got your point...i thought the mention of ICP would be enough to denote that i was kidding!
    ugh! how dare you insult them!

  10. #90
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm an INTP and I'm not bothered by other people 'putting me down'...actually I find it funny to see the offenders reaction when they notice that I have no reaction.

Similar Threads

  1. INTP not relating INTJ that much?
    By great_bay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 07:46 PM
  2. I suspect I might be an INTP, not INTJ. Type me?
    By Abjection in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 08:36 PM
  3. [INTP] Any INTP's not good at math?
    By Pseudo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFPs who are NOT sensitive to criticism and AREN'T highly emotional?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  5. [INTP] INTPs Not Usually Good at Practical Matters
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 06:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO