User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 112

  1. #61
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    This sucks!
    I'm trying to buy a car. I've been trying to buy a car for six months, but I can't decide. I actually prefer having my choices constrained - budget, practicality, etc - because without that I have no way of organizing the data or choosing between equally valid options. And then I just reach stalemate, or else I get so exasperated that I go out and buy the first thing I see. I don't seem to be able to make simple purchasing decisions like a normal person!!!

    How do other INTPs handle this?
    The last time I bought a car it had become slightly easier because of a quasi-intervention. Recently, when contemplating what my choices might be if/when I might buy the next one, this one struck me as a good choice which is basically based upon efficiency (I assume you're as big a fan of efficiency):
    BMW UK releases most fuel efficient 3 Series
    BMW 316d (2009) first official pictures
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

  2. #62
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    The last time I bought a car it had become slightly easier because of a quasi-intervention. Recently, when contemplating what my choices might be if/when I might buy the next one, this one struck me as a good choice which is basically based upon efficiency (I assume you're as big a fan of efficiency):
    BMW UK releases most fuel efficient 3 Series
    BMW 316d (2009) first official pictures
    Efficiency is for INTJs!

    Hmmm. Can't see me in a Beamer somehow...

    What was the intervention, if you don't mind me asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #63
    sophiloist Kaizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Anal-ish Efficiency is for some INTJmaless!
    fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Hmmm. Can't see me in a Beamer somehow...

    What was the intervention, if you don't mind me asking?
    Had the same situ, but the alternate choice was efficient too & the intervention was related to making the choice a more socially effective one i.e. kinda like buying an SUV or a truck so that schmucks on the road won't think about cutting in/off.

    How about a Beamer or heck even the proverbial 'boxy' Volvo SUV. Alternatively, a Merc coupe? Last I heard, prices had fallen quite a bit.

    EDIT: After sales service, cost of parts are amongst the things to really give a lot of weight to also
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

  4. #64
    Senior Member Llewellyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    330

    Default

    It's apparently my third function, actually. I don't know if it's related, but I'm quite easily hurt by people's criticism.
    INtj | 9w1

  5. #65
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    I'm pretty sensitive. I like knowing I'm approved of by others.

    In terms of Fi values, though, I really don't care much.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Willfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    This sucks!
    I'm trying to buy a car. I've been trying to buy a car for six months, but I can't decide. I actually prefer having my choices constrained - budget, practicality, etc - because without that I have no way of organizing the data or choosing between equally valid options. And then I just reach stalemate, or else I get so exasperated that I go out and buy the first thing I see. I don't seem to be able to make simple purchasing decisions like a normal person!!!

    How do other INTPs handle this?

    I know. I get worked up about this too. It's mad though, really.
    Well, I am in the same boat, car shopping. First off comes reliability. I know a bit about cars and have a pretty good sense on what is good, what is passable, and what to avoid. Second comes comparing it against my budget, and finally practicality.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

  7. #67
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Why am I seeing a lot of INTPs with Fi in a relatively prominent position (at least 5th place) when it should be 8th? Is it because they have INTJ (or ENTJ) tendencies that would bring it up to 3rd?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  8. #68
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Why am I seeing a lot of INTPs with Fi in a relatively prominent position (at least 5th place) when it should be 8th? Is it because they have INTJ (or ENTJ) tendencies that would bring it up to 3rd?
    Who says it should be 8th?



  9. #69
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    This is hilarious. Not sensitive? Really? I had figured out how to make my INTP mother cry on command by the time I was twelve. They're not insensitive, it just that-- like everything else-- they need a good reason to be in a particular state of mind. A well-aimed jab will do the trick, but just barraging them with random insults or sad situations is more likely to make them pensive.

    And yes, I was an evil, evil child.

  10. #70
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Why am I seeing a lot of INTPs with Fi in a relatively prominent position (at least 5th place) when it should be 8th? Is it because they have INTJ (or ENTJ) tendencies that would bring it up to 3rd?
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Who says it should be 8th?
    I also understood the MBTI model for INTPs to be: Ti Ne Si Fe Te Ni Se Fe.

    Of course, it's just a model but I thought that was the "standard" make up. Have I misunderstood?

Similar Threads

  1. INTP not relating INTJ that much?
    By great_bay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 07:46 PM
  2. I suspect I might be an INTP, not INTJ. Type me?
    By Abjection in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 08:36 PM
  3. [INTP] Any INTP's not good at math?
    By Pseudo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFPs who are NOT sensitive to criticism and AREN'T highly emotional?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  5. [INTP] INTPs Not Usually Good at Practical Matters
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 06:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO