User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    No, I really could hardly care less. If you disagree, fine. That's your prerogative and your business. But at least understand what you're disagreeing with.
    Then buy the premium version. The free version of the product is perfectly usable.

No company can survive by giving all of their product for free. They would go bust, and then nobody would get anything.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

There's this one guy -- for about a year and a half I abstained from most Internet forums, as he would follow me around to scream at me. You'd think it would be easy to tune him out, but he was relentless and vicious, and his mere presence lowered the tone of any community. If I made any effort to explain a subject, however calmly and sensibly I did so, he'd call me shrill and illogical, bring up reams of personal details about me, and make the strangest assertions as obvious fact to illustrate how stupid I was. Then he'd bring in several of his troll friends to scream me off the forum for a few weeks. Then they'd sit around, congratulating each other for driving me away.

If I changed forums, they'd follow me and repeat the process. It got a bit much. No talking to the guy, no avoiding him. And he just fermented this horrible irrational hostility in his wake.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Then buy the premium version. The free version of the product is perfectly usable.

No company can survive by giving all of their product for free. They would go bust, and then nobody would get anything.
    Afraid you've lost me. The most I get out of this is something about expending energy on people when I don't need to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This is in part why maintenance is so hard. Hey, I can get by without buying groceries. I've got... noodles and butter and... mustard, here. I imagine... I could make something edible out of that. Let me think about it.
    Ditto. Much rather make do with the stuff I have for maintenance tasks.

A proper meal?
    It would take 10-15 minutes to drive to a restuarant and 45 minutes to eat, plus a 10-15 minute drive back...cooking food could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours...I'll just make a sandwhich.

Often I can't tell if I like or dislike a thing. So long as it doesn't interrupt my train of thought, and doesn't generate any particularly interesting new thoughts, I tend to be profoundly impartial. I have trouble recognizing what mood I'm in, and rarely think of taking it into account. Because, you know, why? That's just me.
    Sounds about right.

Asking me for preferences immediately leads to a discussion about the merits of the item in question, usually given specific contexts. That is if the item/concept is easily defineable in the first place; otherwise we'll need a pre-discussion on the semantics of the thing in question.

The conclusion is that the object/idea in question has merits in certain contexts, but not others.

Your average person has given up before this point.
    //Ti:52|Ne:46.8|Te:36.6|Ni:32.4|Si:21.5|Fi:21.3|Se:20.5|Fe:9.3\\ 5w4 (L4, SX/SP)
    My Game Development Blog - Now With Once Per Month Updates!
    *Checks updating schedule*
    Wait, I lied. Less than once per month updates.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

There's this one guy -- for about a year and a half I abstained from most Internet forums, as he would follow me around to scream at me. You'd think it would be easy to tune him out, but he was relentless and vicious, and his mere presence lowered the tone of any community. If I made any effort to explain a subject, however calmly and sensibly I did so, he'd call me shrill and illogical, bring up reams of personal details about me, and make the strangest assertions as obvious fact to illustrate how stupid I was. Then he'd bring in several of his troll friends to scream me off the forum for a few weeks. Then they'd sit around, congratulating each other for driving me away.

If I changed forums, they'd follow me and repeat the process. It got a bit much. No talking to the guy, no avoiding him. And he just fermented this horrible irrational hostility in his wake.
    I'm sorry that happened to you Aderack.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...If I changed forums, they'd follow me and repeat the process. It got a bit much. No talking to the guy, no avoiding him. And he just fermented this horrible irrational hostility in his wake.
    He must have considered you very important. I can't imagine wasting that much energy needlessly trying to hurt and undermine another human being... on the Internet, no less.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Misunderstandings do really get under my skin -- not so much for the subject that's being misunderstood as for the fact of the misunderstanding itself. I often really have to hold back from explaining, as people tend to take that as intense attachment to the subject. Wow, they say, he's really serious about this!

No, I really could hardly care less. If you disagree, fine. That's your prerogative and your business. But at least understand what you're disagreeing with.

Often people consciously seem to find this unimportant. That just baffles me.
    Classic.

Reminds me of the immortal words Confucius once said, "Don't get it twisted."
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's all contextual. Given the available information and circumstances, what would best satisfy me? Which can get pretty ridiculous, as circumstances devolve. A whole lot of rationalization kicks in: "Well, this could be worse. Given what I've still got here, what can I do?"
    This sucks!
    I'm trying to buy a car. I've been trying to buy a car for six months, but I can't decide. I actually prefer having my choices constrained - budget, practicality, etc - because without that I have no way of organizing the data or choosing between equally valid options. And then I just reach stalemate, or else I get so exasperated that I go out and buy the first thing I see. I don't seem to be able to make simple purchasing decisions like a normal person!!!

How do other INTPs handle this?
    I often really have to hold back from explaining, as people tend to take that as intense attachment to the subject. Wow, they say, he's really serious about this!

Often people consciously seem to find this unimportant. That just baffles me.
    I know. I get worked up about this too. It's mad though, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

^ favorite color? When in doubt go simple. If all the options are pretty valid and equal I go with the one that stood out to me originally.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Ah, my familiar three common emotional ranges -

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Most times, I am indifferent.
    ONE...the 'meh' phase.

Frustration at miscommunication or misunderstanding is probably the emotion that I feel the most.
    TWO

Yes, and, people read this as a personal emotion directed at them, when it's really more to do with the situation, as I see them making it more convoluted, which creates stagnation in discussing the idea at hand, which, inevitably, leads to my...frustration. Barriers to idea-discussion is probably my easiest trigger for frustration.

The others usually interpret it as them getting to me, personally.

The other emotion is excitement. I get really happy and excited, really quickly. I love to laugh and one funny phrase can alter whatever frustrating situation I find myself in.
    THREE.

But I'm not an INTP, so I guess it's not relevant.
    Oh yeah, OP - disregard.