• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ever wish you had a brain ON/OFF switch?

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Since I was a kid I can remember wanting one so bad!

Clarification.... In a chill out, relax and stop thinking so much kinda way.....usually to go to sleep....when you are wanting to go to sleep, but you cant because your brain is still going 200 mph on something and wont cooperate.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Why in the world would you ever want your brain OFF? Without your nervous system regulating your body, you'd die almost instantaneously.

On a non-literal note, why discard one of your greatest assets, if even temporarily?

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Why in the world would you ever want your brain OFF? Without your nervous system regulating your body, you'd die almost instantaneously.

On a non-literal note, why discard one of your greatest assets, if even temporarily?

OK, to clarify..... In a chill out, relax and stop thinking so much kinda way.....or to go to sleep....when you are wanting to go to sleep, but you cant because your brain is still going 200 mph on something and wont cooperate.

T

ThatGirl

Nope, never. Well, almost never.

I live in a mind of one thought to another to five more and so on. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Doesn't matter what I am thinking about, as long as I am thinking, I'm happy.

*I also recently thought, I may have an unhealthy relationship with my thought process. Which you can read about here

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/476647-post137.html

matilda

Yeah, I know what you mean. Punching the walls (or your head) won't help either.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Definately at bed time... I have the worst insomnia :( My mind just races

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I find it helps to just do some breathing exercises. That is, take slow, deep breaths and focus on it. Eventually, the thoughts dissapate, although that doesn't necessarily guarantee sleep.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, that would be good, because it's probly been set to "off" all this time.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have tried all of it.. the only thing that really helped was a homeopath for a while but then my body got used to it or something.. sometimes I get like 3 hours a night if I'm lucky

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg YES! lots of times yes.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
no...but sometimes i wish i could go more passive so i could concentrate on what i gotta concentrate

i hear meditation works

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The closest thing I have found is Nature & Sex.

In a beautiful solitary setting in nature, I can absorb, enjoy and focus on what I see, hear, and smell...take it in and enjoy it without my thoughts straying to anything else at all. It is extremely peaceful, relaxing and definitely therapeutic for me. I guess this would be going 100% Se in MTBI terms.

Sex was the same when I was a teenagerish....these days I end up thinking about what she it thinking about too.....but nothing else at least. I suppose that is a good thing though if I want to keep doing it. :D

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
No. In fact, nothing like that has ever even crossed my mind.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
No. In fact, nothing like that has ever even crossed my mind.

LOL, my wife is an SJ. We can have a heated argument and she can be asleep 10 minutes after it's over. Always annoyed the crap out of me.....

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have an ISFJ like that... SO weird!!!!! What's with that she can sleep after and through anything!!! :(

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
When I read the headline I knew it was posted by an INTP.

Look at it on the bright side, weminuche - at least you are aware of your bad mental masturbatory habits.

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
YES! I can never fall asleep without staring at the ceiling for atleast an hour, just thinking.