• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ever wish you had a brain ON/OFF switch?

Honu26

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've also wished I could turn off or down my thoughts for a while so that I can "go undercover" and interact with others a little more for personal or professional reasons. I'm in a job where this would be useful at times and I'm a rarity in my family. Otherwise I can easily start analyzing something- an interaction or themes or subtext of conversations for example, or go off thinking about things when I should be focused at the task at hand or trying to have some sort of meaningful interaction with family, friends or acquaintances.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only if it also extends my lifespan.

Otherwise a definite NO.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
nah, but i always wanted an on/off controller so i could make people break dance at will

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I know what you're saying. Sometimes, your mind is wildly jumping from on topic to the next, trying to figure out the world as a whole at once, when all you'd like to do is enjoy a walk or sleep or whatever. Yes, sometimes, I wish I could be less intuitive, and, as a result, stop constantly trying to mentally deconstruct things to figure them out.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Caveat: I haven't read any of the posts here. I'm just answering the question blindly.

***wildly jumps quite frequently***

And yes, as long as I could retain all of my memories and person upon awaking, I would like to have an on/off switch. However, only if I were the only one who knew where it was.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Nah. When I can't sleep, I drink the next day! :coffee:

Nyx

I wish I had an on/off switch all the time! I am always running the risk of analyzing EVERYTHING ad infinitum

I agree with weminuche, nature is a great tool for calming the mind... my personal favorite.
I find that when I need to get out of my own head I hang out with ENFPs a lot and sometimes SPs , though I have a fairly difficult time getting along with S types in general.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yes... and a ''pause'' button for my life.

I've always wanted one of these too. :devil:

girlfriend_remote.jpg

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Well I've been trying to switch it 'ON' for like the longest time...

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
There have been times when I'm trying to think through a problem that I cannot solve (usually an interpersonal problem) when my head feels like it's about to explode and I would like to turn it off.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A mute button would be ideal.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Actually, scratch what I said before, there are three mute buttons! There's the Voice: Off button, which could count as a third one. So I'm not questioning why there's a mute button, I'm questioning why there's three of them.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, scratch what I said before, there are three mute buttons! There's the Voice: Off button, which could count as a third one. So I'm not questioning why there's a mute button, I'm questioning why there's three of them.

Either for the satisfaction of making triply sure that they will not be annoying you anytime soon, or because you anticipate the first two wearing out rather quickly.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
If I ever had that remote... I honestly do not know what I would do with it.