• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] physical violence in NTs

MBTI Type
INFP
Violence is an occasionally effective tactic.

That being said, it can be the equivalent of a nuclear weapon. You can nuke the other guy, but he and his allies may just come back to nuke you. I don't think I even need to mention how much this damages other's opinions of you. You could even get sanctioned! (IE: Restraining orders, fines, jail time, etc.)

My "nuclear" policy is to be capable of using nuclear weapons but to only use them as defensive or retaliatory measures.

Very intelligent analysis.

I bolded a couple of phrases that I feel really make the point clear.

Let me add too that violence takes many forms, and this is often forgotten.

I think obviously ALL types (ie. ALL humans) are capable of being violent if pushed to their extreme, be it by someone or something else, or by their own fatal flaws. The way I see it is that in the case of INTJ's this type can be so oblivious to their own emotional state (not to mention other's), and in such deep denial (because they despise and feel uncomfortable with messy emotions and don't value this aspect of themselves enough) that they end up fucked up emotionally (we're ALL emotional...I know you INTJ's HATE to admit it so much you'd rather roll around in broken glass, but you ARE), bottle everything up and then blow like a freakin nuclear reactor destroying everything that's close to them.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm not one to start a fight - too many ways it could go badly, and there are other ways of getting one's point across. That being said, I do enjoy a decent throwdown for shits and giggles sometimes (as long as both sides are playing and no one is seriously trying to hurt the other), but really only get "violent" in defensive situations I'm not able to talk myself out of.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I never got into a fight, but few times was close, most likely because of my razor sharp tongue, but in the other hand thats what got the other guy to back off. I think physical violence is rarerilly the solution, but i wouldnt hesitate to do it when i think other person really deserves it.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I think obviously ALL types (ie. ALL humans) are capable of being violent if pushed to their extreme, be it by someone or something else, or by their own fatal flaws. The way I see it is that in the case of INTJ's this type can be so oblivious to their own emotional state (not to mention other's), and in such deep denial (because they despise and feel uncomfortable with messy emotions and don't value this aspect of themselves enough) that they end up fucked up emotionally (we're ALL emotional...I know you INTJ's HATE to admit it so much you'd rather roll around in broken glass, but you ARE), bottle everything up and then blow like a freakin nuclear reactor destroying everything that's close to them.

:shock:
Had a bad experience with one of us or something?

On the few occasions I've "snapped" it usually just results in me yelling at someone, but I have a soft voice and look like a 14 year old so it doesn't come across so much as destructive as...humorous, from what I've been told. I've been known to sock people in the arm out of irritation, though.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I heard this song yesterday and it made me think of this thread. It illustrates my feelings on the matter well.

You dont have to fight to be a man.
-but-
Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man.

Everyone considered him the coward of the county.
He'd never stood one single time to prove the county wrong.
His mama named him Tommy, the folks just called him yellow,
But something always told me they were reading Tommy wrong.

He was only ten years old when his daddy died in prison.
I looked after Tommy cause he was my brother's son.
I still recall the final words my brother said to Tommy:
Son, my life is over, but yours is just begun.

Promise me, son, not to do the things Ive done.
Walk away from trouble if you can.
It wont mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek.
I hope you're old enough to understand:
Son, you don't have to fight to be a man.

There's someone for everyone and Tommy's love was Becky.
In her arms he didn't have to prove he was a man.
One day while he was workin the Gatlin boys came callin'.
They took turns at Becky.... there was three of them.

Tommy opened up the door and saw his Becky cryin'.
The torn dress, the shattered look was more than he could stand.
He reached above the fireplace and took down his daddy's picture.
As his tears fell on his daddy's face, he heard these words again:

Promise me, son, not to do the things Ive done.
Walk away from trouble if you can.
It wont mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek.
I hope you're old enough to understand:
Son, you don't have to fight to be a man.

The Gatlin boys just laughed at him when he walked into the barroom.
One of them got up and met him halfway cross the floor.
When Tommy turned around they said, hey look! ol' yellow's leavin'.
But you coulda heard a pin drop when Tommy stopped and locked the door.

Twenty years of crawlin' was bottled up inside him.
He wasn't holdin' nothin' back; he let em have it all.
When Tommy left the bar room not a Gatlin boy was standin'.
He said, this ones for Becky, as he watched the last one fall.
And I heard him say,

I promised you, dad, not to do the things you done.
I walk away from trouble when I can.
Now please don't think I'm weak, I didn't turn the other cheek,
And papa, I sure hope you understand:
Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man.

Everyone considered him.....the coward of the county.....

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I get violent sometimes as I still have some anger problems left from childhood.

Not much though.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Please. This lecture gets so old. It's been stated on this board over and over, by many INTJ's that they do express and embrace their emotions in healthy ways. Maybe with select people. Maybe in private. Maybe in ways not obvious to you. Anyone can erupt this way when emotions are stored. It isn't type related. Posts like these sometimes make me wonder if there isn't some kind of envy that clouds the observation.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
For some reason when I get intensely, unreasonably angry I have a tendency to hit/kick inanimate objects.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Any action should be carefully thought out lest you make FOOLISH decisions that get you nowhere near where you want to be. I have always used violence and aggression as well thought out tactics to get what i want/need from someone (be it a reaction or whatever). Violence that is driven by emotions (stemming from a very primitive function of the brain) is inherently foolish and almost always proves to be counterproductive, simply because their higher thinking subsisted to the primitive side that only cares about coping with the feelings it creates.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I tend to dream of solving violent confontrations with negotionl. This is just not just a dream - I've done this some times.

Rarely I dream of beating someone to pulp or opening fire. I dream of that rarely. I really contain myself in a sustainable way, meaning that I won't go berserk, but I'll more probably be relaxing and negotiating with someone violent.

If there's some very good, solid, acceptable place for violence in the grand scheme of making something more valuable work, as in, maintaining order, and it's withing my possibilities, I'd do it. For example, someone weaker than me seemingly beating up a random passerby. I have often thought of restraining such a person and calling the police.

Fingers Superstar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'd say I'm aggressive, and I've been in plenty of fights growing up this is mostly due to the environment I was raised in. You've got to be strong, and ready to deal with certain sorts of people in an aggressive manner or you'll get your head kicked in. Other than that I'm pretty peaceful.