• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] physical violence in NTs

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
A contact sport is controlled violence. I played football in highschool so I suppose you could call me violent under certain circumstances. I have never been in a fight though.

Jack_Rabid

MBTI Type
ISFP
When I feel violent.. which is rare, and means I am beyond frustrated probably feeling threatened.. especially emotionally .. I take it out on inanimate objects, which I presume is better than taking it out on people.. and really I am the the one who gets hurt physically or financially.. Of course more emotional people might also get hurt by my actions and nasty tongue and I need to consider that as well. which I don't always

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On very very rare occasion I have utterly freaked... if I've been pushed and pushed and tried to flex away and someone is just HOUNDING me.

One time I lashed out in a frenzy at someone using a feather pillow so that I wouldn't hurt them. (Yeah, it looked really goofy, I was so mad.)

Another time I ended up kicking a box instead, and it ended up being filled with plates that I had forgotten about. I limped for three days.

But... usually I feel ill afterwards if things get to that point.
I hate violence and I hate losing control.

The two events i mentioned occured at least ten years ago.

Jack_Rabid

MBTI Type
ISFP
On very very rare occasion I have utterly freaked... if I've been pushed and pushed and tried to flex away and someone is just HOUNDING me.

One time I lashed out in a frenzy at someone using a feather pillow so that I wouldn't hurt them. (Yeah, it looked really goofy, I was so mad.)

Another time I ended up kicking a box instead, and it ended up being filled with plates that I had forgotten about. I limped for three days.

But... usually I feel ill afterwards if things get to that point.
I hate violence and I hate losing control.

The two events i mentioned occured at least ten years ago.

I go into emotional shock afterward... I can't sleep..as soon as I close my eyes I start replaying it over and over again.. wishing I could have done something different..

Qre:us

how many of you guys have violent tendencies?

Am I that stunted for words to fail me? If and when it does, then it is my shortcoming, so I must walk away.

Caveat: cause bodily harm to a loved one of mine, and it's on like Donkey Kong. :hug:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ok so this little kid came up to me on the street and hes all like "Mr could I have some money for my puppies operation?"

So im like "NO YOU ANNOYING LITTLE MONKEY!!!! IF I HAVE TO TELL YOU ONE MORE TIME ILL RIP YOUR SOUL OUT OF YOUR CHEST!!!"

So he starts crying like a little bitch and I just cant stand it so I pick the little snot nosed brat up by the hair and toss him into traffic.

Ok, so I think its all over and done but then all of the sudden this cop comes up to me and hes all like "BLABLBLA MURDER BLABLA GOING DOWNTOWN" so im like "NO YOU ANNOYING LITTLE MONKEY!!!! IF I HAVE TO TELL YOU ONE MORE TIME ILL RIP YOUR SOUL OUT OF YOUR CHEST!!!"

so he pulls a gun on me. So I just grab the gun out of his hands before he can even shoot me(im such a badass) and pop him in the eyes.

Then I won the lottery. :)

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Of course we don't get physically violent. That's a manifestation of the primitive parts of the brain that is highly diminished in types with strong cerebral dominance (...INTP). It's the cognitive nature of such types.

Frank

When I was a kid I was definitely aggressive bordering on violent. I Was able to get most of it out in sports though so it was never a problem outside of that.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No because I equate that with loss of control. Using controlled physical, let's call it persuasion, is more my style when necessary.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't really equate physical violence to a loss of control, unless it occurs when you're in a rage.

Violence has several uses, from the immediately useful and practical [protecting yourself and others in an altercation] and various psychological effects for the victims, bystanders, etc that can be beneficial or harmful.

It's a tool that I have used in the past to superb effect. The fact of the matter is, however "inelegant" or "brutish" violence is, what it offers you in terms of effect is something that's real and should be taken into account.

O

Oberon

Violence is for people with serious self-esteem issues. People who can't think themselves out of heated situations.

I agree, with the caveat that sometimes violence is the only effective defensive response to someone else's violence.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I don't really equate physical violence to a loss of control, unless it occurs when you're in a rage.
+1

As to the OP, if you mean actual violence: I've no such tendencies. If violent ideation: yessum.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm very prone to violence....

Although I'm a semi-pro fighter (thaiboxing) and trying to enter MMA this year.

I regard controlled fighting as a real hard NT activity.

As an ENTP i think that its basiclly the ability to remain calm during fire so that i can analyze the situation with a clear head and make good deciscions that makes me a succesful fighter.

However my work ethic can be questioned, I have extremely good technique timing and strategys on how to defeat my opponents.

I always make up new strategys, training methods and invent techniques as I go, people would describe me as extremley violent and say that i do actually physically hurt people during practice and i probably do.

However at oter times I'm never violent, there have been times where it was close and I have gotten into fights but the sheer knowledge that I can turn the other guys face into shit in a matter of seconds makes me walk away laughing :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Lost InNerSpace - You having anger problems in your past is not a unique condition. I truly don't think anyone is plotting anything against you!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never been in a fight. A girl in high school wanted to fight me because she thought I was talking shit. I just explained that it was her friend who was talking shit. I told her that I didn't mind fighting but let's get the facts straight first! :laugh:

We didn't fight and became decent friends that year.

Controlled violence has tons of advantages. I'm more game for that rather than losing my temper and sense of control. Luckily, I've never lost my temper enough to lash out physically with anyone. I can't imagine what that would take!

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
Putting the imagination aside, I don't consider myself a violent person, seeing as how I've never been in a physical fight. Not unless you count getting into some with my brother during those elementary school years. Anywho, I don't get angry too terribly easily, so someone would have to try pretty hard to get me boiled enough to lash out at them.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've definitely been in my share of physical fights. Just growing up in NYC in the 80s, it was par for the course. You can't talk your way out of something with logic with people who carry razor blades under their tongues. But now, no. I don't raise my hand to people. However, I am not above throwing down if you physically harm someone I love.