• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Jon Stewart

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
I always kind of thought ENTJ. But I'm a fan either way (And my love for ENTPs is no secret).
:heart:

He is clearly an ENTP. His entire focus is on people's motivations observed through Ne, Processed through Ti and expressed through Fe.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Is it okay if I say John Oliver is funnier than him? However, John oliver's show is only once a week whereas his is a daily show, which means John has more time to find funnier material.

I agree with you. Not that I think Jon Stewart isn't funny - he is. John Oliver takes things a step further though. I also think he is an ENTP. I don't know that Jon Stewart is as willing to seriously tell people that have it coming to go fuck themselves. John Oliver is, in fact I think he enjoys it tremendously.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stewart, Colbert, Oliver.... if I were gay, I'd do them.

Mane

Permabanned
Stewart, Colbert, Oliver.... if I were gay, I'd do them.
Don't worry, I will pray the straight away.

I agree with you. Not that I think Jon Stewart isn't funny - he is. John Oliver takes things a step further though. I also think he is an ENTP. I don't know that Jon Stewart is as willing to seriously tell people that have it coming to go fuck themselves. John Oliver is, in fact I think he enjoys it tremendously.

I don't disagree, but I think some of it is simply the fact we've gotten used to Stewart's bag of tricks while Oliver's is still new to us and - perhaps more importantly - to him, because he is still growing as a comedian. I also think Stewart probably influenced Oliver quite a bit with Oliver joining the show at a point where Stewart was just passed his prime, after years of refining his work, which included a lot of trial and error on Stewart's part... and I mean a lot of error, in fact his 90s comedy routine kind of sucked ass when you compare it to him now. Stewart worked on his gig from nearly scratch, filling a comedy niche that was never really filled in quite that way. Oliver got to build and figure out his own gig on top of Stewart's experience.

Last but not least... I think over the years, Stewart kind of got lost in an imagined call to arms for calling out bullshit. This means that when Oliver and Stewart watch the same media and get exposed to the same information for a week, Oliver will feel free to pick what he thinks makes for a better laugh, and Stewart is going to pick which ever hypocrisy or lie bugs him the most. Oliver would have a much more difficult time going that road, and for that matter Trevor (The new Stewart) will have a much harder time maintaining it, because they are both outsiders to the culture they are in.

Otherwise it's kind of like.. Well... [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] and Jews...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't worry, I will pray the straight away.

I received a lot of crap growing up because people thought I was gay (even before I hit puberty). It wasn't my parents, it was other kids (and possibly, more covertly, other adults).

I'm sympathetic to LGBT issues because of this.

I have every confidence that the revenge you seek will be yours in time. That's assuming I understand your desires correctly, and my sensor readings aren't off.

If you've switched to doing the Viserys Targaryen thing, I may be mistaken.

Mane

Permabanned
I have every confidence that the revenge you seek will be yours in time. That's assuming I understand your desires correctly, and my sensor readings aren't off.

i am not sure what you are reading, but I do know that if we were power rangers our wings would make the 6iest megazord.