User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Jon Stewart

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I always kind of thought ENTJ. But I'm a fan either way (And my love for ENTPs is no secret).
    He is clearly an ENTP. His entire focus is on people's motivations observed through Ne, Processed through Ti and expressed through Fe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Is it okay if I say John Oliver is funnier than him? However, John oliver's show is only once a week whereas his is a daily show, which means John has more time to find funnier material.
    I agree with you. Not that I think Jon Stewart isn't funny - he is. John Oliver takes things a step further though. I also think he is an ENTP. I don't know that Jon Stewart is as willing to seriously tell people that have it coming to go fuck themselves. John Oliver is, in fact I think he enjoys it tremendously.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Stewart, Colbert, Oliver.... if I were gay, I'd do them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Stewart, Colbert, Oliver.... if I were gay, I'd do them.
    Don't worry, I will pray the straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I agree with you. Not that I think Jon Stewart isn't funny - he is. John Oliver takes things a step further though. I also think he is an ENTP. I don't know that Jon Stewart is as willing to seriously tell people that have it coming to go fuck themselves. John Oliver is, in fact I think he enjoys it tremendously.
    I don't disagree, but I think some of it is simply the fact we've gotten used to Stewart's bag of tricks while Oliver's is still new to us and - perhaps more importantly - to him, because he is still growing as a comedian. I also think Stewart probably influenced Oliver quite a bit with Oliver joining the show at a point where Stewart was just passed his prime, after years of refining his work, which included a lot of trial and error on Stewart's part... and I mean a lot of error, in fact his 90s comedy routine kind of sucked ass when you compare it to him now. Stewart worked on his gig from nearly scratch, filling a comedy niche that was never really filled in quite that way. Oliver got to build and figure out his own gig on top of Stewart's experience.

Last but not least... I think over the years, Stewart kind of got lost in an imagined call to arms for calling out bullshit. This means that when Oliver and Stewart watch the same media and get exposed to the same information for a week, Oliver will feel free to pick what he thinks makes for a better laugh, and Stewart is going to pick which ever hypocrisy or lie bugs him the most. Oliver would have a much more difficult time going that road, and for that matter Trevor (The new Stewart) will have a much harder time maintaining it, because they are both outsiders to the culture they are in.

Otherwise it's kind of like.. Well... @riva and Jews...

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Don't worry, I will pray the straight away.
    I received a lot of crap growing up because people thought I was gay (even before I hit puberty). It wasn't my parents, it was other kids (and possibly, more covertly, other adults).

I'm sympathetic to LGBT issues because of this.

I have every confidence that the revenge you seek will be yours in time. That's assuming I understand your desires correctly, and my sensor readings aren't off.

If you've switched to doing the Viserys Targaryen thing, I may be mistaken.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I have every confidence that the revenge you seek will be yours in time. That's assuming I understand your desires correctly, and my sensor readings aren't off.
    i am not sure what you are reading, but I do know that if we were power rangers our wings would make the 6iest megazord.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post