• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So, I've heard that being a male ENFJ is relatively rare (I've seen maybe three or four besides me in the ENFJ Cult :devil: :)). Most ENFJs are female. I've also heard that the female INTP is almost non-existant.

As I've never met my supposed match in female form, what does an emotionally healthy/mature female INTP look like personally/interpersonally?

I've heard they like making gadgets...which struck me as ISTP. Kinda a minor detail, not sure.

Furthermore, to fulfill my complete curiosity, what does a good male ENFJ-female INTP relationship look like? Anybody in the forum have that relationship or know people who do to describe it?

I don't ask because I desire to find Myers-Briggs perfection when the right one crosses my path; maturity tends to soften personality conflict differences (or unwelcome similarities), and between two mature people, any relationship can flourish.

Still, I'm admittedly curious.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My mother, ESFJ and my father, INTP were deeply in love with each other but made a boring and horrible couple.

I think they shared some metaphysical connection, for they certainly did not share much else, besides three children.

Ew, maybe it was a sexual thing.

My dad had a love/hate/love relationship with my mom whereas my mom had a hate/love/hate relationship with my dad.

Not really addressing your question really, sorry.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only known two male ENFJs in real life.

I am not a typical female INTP, for one my Fe is highly developed -- and what I noticed is that a primary connection point between me and these guys was how we chose to respect and deal with people. They and I shared similar sense of etiquette and social interaction... what behaviors were mature and appropriate and what ones were not. We were all very "like-minded" in that area, although sometimes in areas of personal responsibility they tended to overreach (IMO) while I expected more autonomy.

The next point of connection was N... and again, I score pretty high in Ni. But we were all good at envisioning who people were and what they could be.

I was actually pretty attracted to these guys, although sometimes they could come across as flaky and not rational when they got a vision for something. (The older ENFJ was definitely more stable and perceptive rationally than the younger one who was still acquiring some heavy life experience.) Those commitments and envisioned expectations of others would drive them but sometimes I saw their choices based on those visions are unrealistic.

I can imagine it could be difficult if you get an INTP woman from the other end of the spectrum, especially one with a more Ti+Si mindset. I'm not sure what the connection point is then. It would have to be based on the differences... the INTP is stable emotionally, and can cut through the relational haze without being swept away by it, and provides very good rational advice, while the ENFJ would have to be appreciated for their extroversion/reaching out, for their vision for people, and for their ability to navigate the social/relational waters for the INTP and thus make her socialization easier.

ISTP women are far more apt to tinker and play with gadgets and appreciate practical usage, although INTP women enjoy gadgets in terms of their potential and as part of a bigger systematic understanding of advancing technology.

ygolo

My termites win
There are many INTP women on this forum, including one in your area (though she is spoken for).

From what I've noticed, they tend to be humble, low-key, and easy to get along with.

As far as looks, in my opinon...
The ones on the forum I've seen pictures of, and ones I have known in real life were prettier than average on average :D.

Though make-up may not be their thing, perhaps the lack of use of product has given them good complexion. IDK.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Low-key and calm sounds right, and not into appearances so much. Great with projects that require research - the INTP's I know are great at putting information together and getting things done. Pretty creative folks, too. In my experience, you have to sort of go and get them out - they don't engage a lot if left to their own devices, but once you get them out they can be friendly and interesting to talk to. Also, I think they like to debate about things? That's my impression. But that's like NTJ's, too - though NTJ's will come to a final decision, and NTP's like the process of the debate more? That's my theory.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've only known two male ENFJs in real life.

I am not a typical female INTP, for one my Fe is highly developed -- and what I noticed is that a primary connection point between me and these guys was how we chose to respect and deal with people. They and I shared similar sense of etiquette and social interaction... what behaviors were mature and appropriate and what ones were not. We were all very "like-minded" in that area, although sometimes in areas of personal responsibility they tended to overreach (IMO) while I expected more autonomy.

The next point of connection was N... and again, I score pretty high in Ni. But we were all good at envisioning who people were and what they could be.

I was actually pretty attracted to these guys, although sometimes they could come across as flaky and not rational when they got a vision for something. (The older ENFJ was definitely more stable and perceptive rationally than the younger one who was still acquiring some heavy life experience.) Those commitments and envisioned expectations of others would drive them but sometimes I saw their choices based on those visions are unrealistic.

I can imagine it could be difficult if you get an INTP woman from the other end of the spectrum, especially one with a more Ti+Si mindset. I'm not sure what the connection point is then. It would have to be based on the differences... the INTP is stable emotionally, and can cut through the relational haze without being swept away by it, and provides very good rational advice, while the ENFJ would have to be appreciated for their extroversion/reaching out, for their vision for people, and for their ability to navigate the social/relational waters for the INTP and thus make her socialization easier.

ISTP women are far more apt to tinker and play with gadgets and appreciate practical usage, although INTP women enjoy gadgets in terms of their potential and as part of a bigger systematic understanding of advancing technology.

Interesting, thank you for the feedback Jennifer.

Where vision is concerned, I am gradually learning how "weigh" facts and variables, rather than just charging in with blind enthusiasm to solve a problem or put an idea into motion. I'm still a cynical optimist (really desiring vision/idea/relationship/situation to work out, but believing on some level it won't because of past experience, in which failure may have occured because of my lack of forethought), but I can see myself progressing toward a more logical approach in my decision making process, especially as I develop greater self awareness.

I do believe that if you give an NFJ enough rope, he'll either hang himself, or find a way do the "impossible". It sounds irrational, but the type set can be very creative when there's a major reason to be. "Impossible" isn't such a concrete concept to us as long as we have the all-magical-non-logical "hope". That hope powers our creative mind.

Emotional stability is attractive, highly valued, and centering/anchoring to me, but Feeling in some form has to be present, otherwise, I dismiss that person as immature, cold, or heartless (perhaps as an NT would dismiss an immature NF as foolish without any capacity for rational thought). Good for you that you've developed Fe to such a high degree.

Ironically, most INFPs I met are a little too cutesy for my taste. :) If I can't ever take her seriously, than it's hard for me to fall for her.

Thank you again for the insight.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are many INTP women on this forum, including one in your area (though she is spoken for).

From what I've noticed, they tend to be humble, low-key, and easy to get along with.

As far as looks, in my opinon...
The ones on the forum I've seen pictures of, and ones I have known in real life were prettier than average on average :D.

Though make-up may not be their thing, perhaps the lack of use of product has given them good complexion. IDK.

Haha, thanks ygolo, I was kinda hoping you might have something to say. I'm curious if socionics body typing has any scientific basis in reality...

And I'm not dating at the moment, even if there was an INTP nearby I'd want to take a closer look at. I am primarily curious.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Judging by the first page of the thread, mmmm...no. Like I said, not interested in pics or dating anybody. I just wanted an idea.
Nor was the OP of that thread - 'cept he wanted pics, too! The typical derail was par for the course!

I don't have any intentions of dating an INTP. I have the woman I want set aside. I just must pursue and prove my love! Persistence proves itself. It shows that you are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to be with them( within healthy limits of course.) Read my post towards the end of the ENFJ+ESTP thread in the NF idyllic area.

BUT I do love NT women, HEALTHY ones of course.
Somehow it always gets to discussion of healthy v. unhealthy women and recriminations between the enfj and "unhealthy" intp wimmin

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
You type like an SJ and the pic/tagline seem to back that insight, but I'll bite.
:huh:
fanks? I got the suhweet avatar from Synapse. Have him hook you up.:)

If I keep denying and saying I'm not after sex, you'll keep accusing me of being after it. If I say that I am--and that would actually be the lie--you will still make me out to be a terrible, guilty man.
:huh: Wow. It did not cross my mind that you were after that at all! Nor were the other ENFJ dudes in that other thread.

Truth is, sometimes I get lonely. Does this admission make you happy? I'm not ready for a serious relationship right now, so I like to dream a little. My immediate goal is exactly as I said it was. My boundaries are exactly where I said they were. No lies, no manipulation.
That's nice.

Of course, you could be a feminist...making everything I say a moot point.
I was just curious. Is that a crime now too?
You are hilarious!

ENFJs are some funny folk.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, maybe I misheard the tone. So what do you mean anyway?

And SJ means Sensor/Judger. Guardian. Myers/Brigs.

You just made me sound like I was a scuz like the guy on the other thread, or did I misunderstand and defend my character too early?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Okay, maybe I misheard the tone. So what do you mean anyway?
Ah, in that thread and in a couple others, curious ENFJ male asks about INTPs to get an idea of what they're like and/or what they look like. Eventually, ENFJ concludes that INTP women are mean or have an "unhealthy" lack of feeling and/or other "feminine" trappings but could be better if they'd just improve this aspect, possibly with the help of an ENFJ, naturally. He expresses this and gets eaten. That's it. No scuz involved.

And SJ means Sensor/Judger. Guardian. Myers/Brigs.
:rofl1: You don't say!

]You just made me sound like I was a scuz like the guy on the other thread, or did I misunderstand and defend my character too early?
Well, yes. Scuz was not intended! But then again I didn't think the other guy was a scuz either. ;)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL, Ina.

Is this posted in the correct subforum? You might get more responses over at the NT forum, Fuzzcrossed.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I appreciate the clerification.

I don't need to offer to help any INTPs, if they wanted that kind of help, they'd be better off asking a female version of ENFJ if they weren't interested in a relationship with me.

INTPs are mean. Duh. This much I already knew and sincerely didn't care--somebody has to be. Truth is, mature NFs get hit so much flying emotional garbage, they become like the planet Jupiter and start to gain the capacity to absorb and nullify the impacts--thus, later in life, the INTPs stark honesty allows the ENFJ to gain strength, because they take the critique and improve themselves rather than cry about it. Pretty soon, they can say "hit me" without flinching. The ENFJ loves growing and the INTP loves teaching so badda-bing badda-boom, you have another solid relational dynamic.

Of course, all of this is just hypothesis. Never seen it in action.

The guy asking for pics was a scuz, but I can't say I wouldn't have been one of his buddies prodding him on.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LOL, Ina.

Is this posted in the correct subforum? You might get more responses over at the NT forum, Fuzzcrossed.

N vs. S means lack of attention to detail. You're absoleutely right Lauren, thanks.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
INTPs are mean. Duh. This much I already knew and sincerely didn't care--somebody has to be. Truth is, mature NFs get hit so much flying emotional garbage, they become like the planet Jupiter and start to gain the capacity to absorb and nullify the impacts--thus, later in life, the INTPs stark honesty allows the ENFJ to gain strength, because they take the critique and improve themselves rather than cry about it. Pretty soon, they can say "hit me" without flinching. The ENFJ loves growing and the INTP loves teaching so badda-bing badda-boom, you have another solid relational dynamic.

Of course, all of this is just hypothesis. Never seen it in action.
I have to say this is a novel approach! Normally, it is the ENFJ who assumes the mentor role, first telling the INTP she sucks then offering to guide the INTP's "emotional growth" to make her "healthy." That or they indirectly bash the INTP. Kudos to you on the reversal.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
N vs. S means lack of attention to detail. You're absoleutely right Lauren, thanks.

Don't you mean T vs. F? :newwink:

And I could tell you how I look, though I'm a male. I have beautiful long hair, however...

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to say this is a novel approach! Normally, it is the ENFJ who assumes the mentor role, first telling the INTP she sucks then offering to guide the INTP's "emotional growth" to make her "healthy." That or they indirectly bash the INTP. Kudos to you on the reversal.

ESTJ Ina?

Well, the reversal has already been stated. The ENFJ helps the INTP punch through social territory, helping her adapt to society. It goes both ways.

Approach to dating?