• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*Lifts up oversized wooden monk cross*. That's okay, I'm covered. ;)

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just look for the girl with horrible posture, mismatched clothes, and that weird far-off look in her eye.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Cerebrotonic circuit 3 type Taller and skinny w longer limbs to body proportion

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hmmm, what do I look like? I have a great posture, but the clothes are wrinkly and mismatched (but clean), and usually socks don't match either.

I tend to wear clothes till they fall apart, no makeup, and a pony tale. I have been told I look quite absent minded, in the sense that I pass by my family and don't notice them etc.

That's pretty much it.

luvfreedom

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5/6w
If I have something to do special I can look just as good as most, however if I don't have anywhere to go I love my comfort clothes!

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
Female INTP here. I'm a very 'typical' INTP in my thoughts and habits (but I don't like math. Heresy!)

Reading through this thread has been very intriguing. I don't wear makeup, watches, or jewelry. My clothes tend to be of the jeans and t-shirt with more or less matching shoes variety. I'm not always nice, but I am a good person: highly principled, intellectual, and determined. I just find a lot of self-serving behavior to be annoying and I have little patience for it. For example, one of my pet hates is what I call 'Affirmation Vampirism'; when someone does something they know was wrong and come to me expecting me to tell them it was right. You knew it was wrong when you did it. I'm not going to tell you want you want to hear.

My hobbies are many and varied and rather eccentric I suppose. I love 19th century literature, old cemeteries, heavy metal, and comic books. Something I recently realized is that many of my interests -- even if they seem as different as Pantera and Stephen Crane -- share this sort of grand, almost operatic, quality, in which all emotions are over the top and almost violently passionate. I have an impish sense of humor and can be very playful. In my relationships I tend to fall hard and fast. I cannot say I've had great success with men, but in my handful of long-term relationships I've been very affectionate and sexual.

I have a small handful of close friends who mean the world to me. Oddly, many of my friends are lesbians and men old enough to be my grandfather. I use social networking sites, but I go through my pages every few weeks and weed out all the people I don't talk to anymore. The same goes for my phone. If I don't speak or write to you on a regular basis, and that doesn't seem likely to change in the near future, then I won't list you as a 'friend'. I'm much more comfortable with the written word than I am over the phone or in person. A lot of the time in my day-to-day life I tend to 'zone out' and I can come across as very absent-minded because of this. When I meet someone or find something that interests me I can become very single-minded and intense. I've been walking around the last few days thinking about 4th dimension Euclidean space.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Female INTP here. I'm a very 'typical' INTP in my thoughts and habits (but I don't like math. Heresy!)

Many of us don't like math, though it seems specific to arithmetic or doing calculations for the sake of it, which is boring and rote. There was a thread about this awhile back and it seemed pretty common if I recall.

autobombo

MBTI Type
xNTP
i never wear shoes
in5nq0.jpg

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They seem to be quite often prettier than they care.

Blutter

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've skipped most of the ensuing pages in this thread but from my RL experience -

I know four female INTPs, and they are all gay. :laugh:

How do they appear?

They dress for utility, not appearance. If they care about how they look to you, they will be groomed and cleanly (but simply) dressed. If they don't care? Two words. Hot mess. (LOL you know it's true!) Okay, that's worst case (which trust me, I have seen) but yeah, if they don't care can look sloppy/scrubby.

The most style-conscious INTP female I know is still pretty simple in dress and has a self-proclaimed "uniform" dark jeans, dark blouse, boots.

On first appearance: they seem quiet, even stand-offish regardless of whether it's shyness or just "introversion" that's the cause. One of my INTP friends is very quiet and self-contained but she is very confident and *tough* even. I'm not sure how easily Fe picks up on those subtelties at first glance.

Also, from what I've seen INTPs like and are even drawn to openly warm and even effusive people.

None of them make gagdets. :huh: But 2 work in IT and 2 in medicine.

And do not be fooled by stereotypes, INTPs can get real serious and emotional about dating and sex. In fact, INTPs fall surprisingly hard and fast for people, at least from the sample that I've seen.

ps Small world one of my INTP female friends just called me. Bah. It takes an ENFX to put up with that crap! LOLOLOL. ;)

dammit..what the heck was I thinking when I got into economics? Well, at least, 2 of us are living "the dream"-lol, meaning the ones studying medicine.

I can relate, also. Unfortunately, though, I am not gay. My life would be so much simpler if I were...:blush:

I can relate to the falling fast and hard..I actually like the idea of a stable relationship, as long as the guy doesn't expect me to do too much socializing or acting typically "girlie" for him to impress his friends, like so many- TOO many - guys expect women to act.
A guy who doesn't have a problem with being grabbed by the neck and smooched violently every now and then would be more my type.

Also, I would add.. INTPs in general don't want to waste too much time and energy on relationships...so, even when they are madly in love, the other person, or anybody around the INTP might just be completely unaware of these inner flames, because the INTP is probably more caught up in improving his/her work status, or just plain lost in thought..the lack of restlessness in an INTP's behavior is the best compliment you can get, because it suggests he/she feels safe with you and can now focus on the work life..

Another thing I wanna mention, I don't know if this happens to other INTP women, but I have often been treated like an idiot by people simply because I act so un-characteristic for a "young woman" of 21..my parents, especially, seem to think I am dumb because I usually hate about 99% of people from my age group, and don't show any open interest in romance..
Also, I am always brutally honest, even when the average girl my age would see fit to nod and smile idiotically to get away easily.
In short, I'm the kid who yells "the emperor is naked" all the time.

I just feel like I shouldn't be wasting my time with imaginary problems like diplomacy, social graces, being "proper"...

Also, I think the main reason why people take me for dumber than I am is because I possess the legendary INTP absent-mindedness, so much so that I make really silly mistakes at time..in day to day issues.

One of the most retarded incidents I can remember-one that really made me feel embarrassed - happened when I was 14, and was waiting in line to pick up my very first identity card, and it was taking a loong time, and the whole time I was in my head, of course, as usual, thinking about the things I had just read in a recently purchased book on astrology, and while I was sitting there, making calculations on the dates of birth of everybody I knew, trying to figure out where their Moon sign was, and what their Sun sign was, a guy in front of me turned around and asked me what the date was..and I was so far inside my own head, I only heard something about the date, and since I was just thinking about astrology, I asked, like woken from a trance, "sorry, you want to know my birth date?" . I will never forget the expression on the man's face, kind of like the way people look at children with Down syndrome, a mix of pity and repulsion..in my head, I was laughing out loud, of course.;)

Another time -though, thankfully, nobody was on to me this time, I was running late for an evening class in my first year at college-thank God it was dark outside- and I just pulled on the pair of pants I found thrown on a sofa in my room, and went to class. On the way back home, I kept getting this feeling like there was something heavy pulling on my right leg every time I would lift it up, and I payed little attention, since I was, again, in my head...
Then, when I finally get off the bus, just across the street from my building, I saw it: a pair of stockings was half hanging out from out of my right leg, and since it had been raining, and the streets were all puddles, they had gotten all wet and heavy, and were jumping around like a yo-yo..ahahaha.
Thank God there was nobody around, since it was like really late, and cold, and had started to rain. but it was otherwise funny.

On the other hand, I solved math problems that the teacher was having trouble with..

And back to the looking like an idiot thing, in middle school, and even high school, I feel teachers got this impression that I was some major nerd who got occasional high grades on the 2 or 3 subjects I found interesting because I learned books by heart, or learned maths proofs by heart, and I have no idea why.
My take on it has always been that they just hadn't seen anyone as unusual as me...:)

Blutter

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
but OTHER than that...

I do care about what I look like, because I've realized how easily people can be influenced by that..I try to wear simple clothes, nothing gaudy, but I do usually wear a minimal amount of make-up...though with everything I do, it's always quality over quantity..for instance, I look for face creams with SPF, I use mineral powder on my face, which is healthier than any foundation, or other type of powder...and I also use a bit of brown pencil eye liner on the eyes, and some eye shadow to make my eyes seem more.."girlie", I guess..
And I go through the stages of removing make-up.. 2 types of make-up removing lotions-one for the eyes, one for the rest of the face, plus a toning lotion afterward, to remove any traces of chemicals from my face.

Also, hygiene is paramount. I can't go to bed without showering first, for instance.
And I need to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day..

And I do wear some jewelery, but nothing ostentatious, like I said. Plus I need to wear glasses aall the time, which I hate.
I plan on getting contacts at some point in the nearby future..I've been told by my INTJ sister that they're very comfortable, once you get past the initial feeling of "there's something in my eyes"

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=16272]voidness[/MENTION] Would I qualify according to your theory?

IMG_7223a.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an INTP female 5w4. I believe all intp women look pretty much the same. Keep in mind that we only wear makeup when we feel it is absolutely necessary.

Very artsy, sure you're not ISTP? :tongue:

On a more serious note though, I don't think every INTP looks much the same at all. I suppose one thing most INTP's have is their monotone stare though. I can change my looks in many ways, but my eyes are always the same. :D

[MENTION=16272]voidness[/MENTION] Would I qualify according to your theory?

Now those are INTP eyes! :D

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I am an INTP female 5w4. I believe all intp women look pretty much the same. Keep in mind that we only wear makeup when we feel it is absolutely necessary.

holy crock of shit, batman.

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=16272]voidness[/MENTION], nice pics!

Too bad [MENTION=9140]Blutter[/MENTION] didn't come back to the forum so she could comment. :p

Of the INTP females I know, on the spectrum, they go from 'most fashionable/care about aesthetics' to 'what's on the clearance rack on my size?' (don't know/don't care)

Red Herring, I am terrible at typing people by look, so I would have no idea you were INTP from your pic. :p

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I hate gadgets. Also technology generally. But I'm a female INTP! *waves flag*

I'm going to have to echo much of what Jennifer said. The main connection, for me, is respect and a mutual appreciation of a colourful inner life. I'm not aware of having had a relationship with an ENFJ, myself. The one relationship I had with a probable-F type (query ESFJ?) didn't go well at all. I couldn't connect with him on any level. That might have been the S rather than the F. But despite having a well-developed Fe AFAICT, I do still have that flinty Ti nature inside. Which isn't to say that I don't feel deeply and can't be hurt - I absolutely can - but all that kind of happens behind the curtain wall of logic, which a lot of F-based things will fling themselves at and splinter on. (A friend once described me as having "edges", which is a good way of putting it. I try to be good and decent, but I'm not cute and fluffy.) I think it's important to be kind, and compassionate, and considerate, and I understand that other people's feelings matter. I'm careful of those in a relationship. But in my heart of hearts, I cannot be doing with clinginess, neediness, jealousy, inconsistency, irrational requirements or any kind of attempt to control me. Emotions are fine. That's being human. But really, in my head, they're subject to Ti analysis, and they are legitimate targets for "That's incorrect". "You shouldn't feel that way" makes sense in my head, and in truth I have no patience for any reasoning that looks like "You should do/not do <insert unrelated behaviour here> because it makes me feel x". The "should" is crucial. I'm sorry, I "should" shave my legs because you like it? STFU. And, in fact, GTFO. I might do so because I choose to, because I would like to do something nice for my partner that they like. But there is no "should" about it as far as I'm concerned. Relationships should be a mutual coming-together (hurr hurr), and neither party is there "to make the other one happy". I hate all the "two halves of one whole" crap, I think it's bollocks and worrying, and it isn't the same thing as the compromise and mutual consideration that are necessary to a good relationship. I'm my own person; I don't want to be part of someone else. Any relationship that doesn't appreciate or can't cope with that is never going to be a runner.

I care about looking good. That means wearing clothes that suit me, not what's fashionable. I really don't like ill-fitting clothes. But I'm also very low maintenance, so I like having a bunch of things that I can Just Put On and will immediately look OK. I don't wear makeup, can't be doing with uncomfortable shoes. Basically, once we're past basic hygiene and "do I look like I fell over in a junk shop", it rapidly stops being worth the effort most days. I scrub up nicely, so it's fun to make an effort sometimes. But if I'm at home, I really don't care. Why on earth would I bother with more than jeans and T shirt for sitting around the house? :huh:

Last edited:

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not sure I fit any "stereotype." I am INTP. I can smile in pics, too...

IMG_0025.jpg

See?

IMG_0182.jpgIMG_0182.jpg

And will even dress up on occasion....like big time dress up.