• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Really, just accept us for who we are, and not try to put us in boxes. Allow us to show other sides without judging them or pronouncing them out of character. When I feel judged, I feel self-conscious and shut down.

I can't stress this enough. I am not an outwardly emotional person but come on, I am human. A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine passed away and my dad was rushed in for emergency heart surgery on the same day, and I was telling an ENFP friend about it in a cafe. I wasn't hysterical or anything obviously, but I got a little worked up. Her very first response to me was a smug "Ha, and you said you don't have any emotions!" She was almost proud of herself for "catching" me. First of all I've never said that I don't feel anything. That would be stupid. I just don't base my life around what I feel. And second of all, it will take a team of wild horses for me to ever tell her anything ever again.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
xNTP women are very good BS detectors.

Also, it's likely that every INTP women in this thread caught a potential hypocrisy in that statement. :D

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't stress this enough. I am not an outwardly emotional person but come on, I am human. A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine passed away and my dad was rushed in for emergency heart surgery on the same day, and I was telling an ENFP friend about it in a cafe. I wasn't hysterical or anything obviously, but I got a little worked up. Her very first response to me was a smug "Ha, and you said you don't have any emotions!" She was almost proud of herself for "catching" me. First of all I've never said that I don't feel anything. That would be stupid. I just don't base my life around what I feel. And second of all, it will take a team of wild horses for me to ever tell her anything ever again.

:moodeath::moodeath::moodeath::moodeath::moodeath::moodeath::moodeath:

Would several teams of wild cows work Jen? Was the closest thing I could find...

First, let me say that she was very insensitive, but at least to me, how she reacted was somewhat understandable.

One of the big reasons why NFs like NTs is because you are not easy to offend. NFs go through life trying not to be offensive because we've naturally got "thin skin" and are easily and negatively effected when we offend somebody and they get on our case (we crave social harmony). That means NFs spend a ton of time and energy not trying to offend people!! It can be very draining. But not with you. You NTs are our heroes in a lot of ways, because we don't usually have to worry about pissing you off, and you say what you want to others; we can be honest with you about how we feel in general about you, ourselves and everybody, and IT'S OKAY (with a few exceptions)!!

Even if we (at least the more mature) NFs get some blunt honesty from you, we're much less likely to be offended by it (in proper relational context) because we know you're always honest about how you feel and we value that more than anything. We can take it and use it to grow.

Now, had that ENFP been more mature, she would've realized that you weren't in thinker mode at that point and she needed to be a little nurturing like she probably is to everybody else. But all that is just my prespective...I wasn't actually there to know exactly how it went down.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I am very good friends with one, I think. At first I thought she was INFP, but its becoming evident that she is supremely rational in thought, and even says that out of the two of us "she's the rational one", which is quite true, even though I am fairly rational. We are both 18 years old, by the way. I suppose it may be possible she is INFJ, but INTP is more likely.

She is a deep thinker and very sensitive to those around her. She loves to read, and reads basically all the time. She makes very measured and thoughtful decisions about who she enjoys talking to and hanging out with, or just in general, and has a moral code based on observation of society and her own personal experiences in society (rather than idealism or prepackaged ideology). She's vegetarian and believes in animal rights but belives PETA is too extreme and overzelous sometimes. She's a huge nerd, and proud of it. She plays pokemon and knows everything about Star Wars and talks about 4chan sometimes. She is incredibly perceptive and sensitive to her environment, but not in a sentimental or emotional way, but in a functional way that gives her a very deep understanding. Shes more of a Ne and Fe kind of person socially, and she isnt critical when she meets people, unlike what has been suggested about female intps in general. She often says that she likes pretty much everyone she meets unless she sees a very good reason not to like them, and her actions follow this very well. I have seen her be critical though, such as when some guy we know wrote a pathetic facebook note about how no ne likes him (even tough he's quite obviously well liked by all), or when a friend of hers became so controllngand rude she had to end their friendship, or when another of our mutual friends was acting completely immaturely and insensitively at the expense of others. In these cases, she is very blunt and honest, and when she is being critical of someone she does care about (such as myself), she is quick to make sure they know she still respects the and is being critical only for the sake of self improvement or discovery.

She certainly isnt cold or emotionless, contrary to stereotypes. She is very emotionally open, but never overzelous or gushy. She's talked to me at length about some of her painful experiences in teenage relationships (i.e. betrayal), or the isolation and loneliness experienced in having to move across the country just before her final year of high school, but she talks about it calmly and with very well collected thought. She always seems to have learned something from these experiences, and is forward thinking. Another intp stereotype she debunks is that of being relativey asexual. While she approaches ralationships and sexuality with the same measured decision making she approaches anything else, she is a very sexual person. We're friend with benefits :D She certainly doesn't need a man to feel complete and doesn't sweat it if she isn't getting any action, but she enjoys talking about sexual things a lot, and can easily seperate love and just being horny and having a little fun with a friend (who happens to be me, hahaha). I suppose she's very take it and leave it, and enjoys taking it when it fits in with her other obligations, values, and ideology, and has absolutely no trouble leaving it when it isn't available or there are other priorities. She also considers the risks of pregnancy and STDs and such as paramount, an will not have sex if she isn't on birth control and if she doesn't know the person well, and considers it somethat that in generla should not be taken lightly and witout consideration beforehand.

Anyway, she's awesome and I'm sort of creeped out I'm able to write such a descriptive little... essay, I guess... on her, given I've known her like five months :doh:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
CAT (Car Alone Time)

I can relate to your post 100%, but what especially struck me is that the quoted phrase is the exact one that I use. "Car alone time." I also say "computer alone time."

The Grand Chameleon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
this may have already been posted already, but INTP Central Gallery

Perhaps the intrigue of the INTP to the ENFJ is the constant...almost necessary...deliberation regarding what someone is thinking. And any INTP always has that, "Let's think string theory and let the dishes wash themselves" face.

Personally, the only INTP I know IRL is perhaps the only individual I can relate to on any "intellectual" plane. That might be due to my low intellect, his higher one, or the fact that he humors my inanity.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not worth my while to divulge :coffee:
but effusive people (and loudmouths) usuallyannoy me. and I don't fall fast.

:wubbie:

*Removes glasses, cocks head to the side and stares softly at Ina. Big hazel eyes taking in hers with the smell of morning coffee wafting pleasantly through the dawn-lit room*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
:wubbie:

*Removes glasses, cocks head to the side and stares softly at Ina. Big hazel eyes taking in hers with the smell of morning coffee wafting pleasantly through the dawn-lit room*

Forgot to put on your wizard hat and robe.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Didn't have to remind me of that Jock, I never take those off. Ever. ;)