• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Mmm...I always wanted to be the evil villian. Can I have a ring of power too?
You may but not from me. V__V

:southern accent: Drama? From Lil' Ol' Me? :blush: Well, garsh Ms. Ina, heh heh, ain't you so sweet, but I don't know nothin 'bout no theatrics. I'as jus'
b'in m'self.
[resists the charm of the accent] I have to give it to you: You're good. Way to prey on a weakness.

It's okay, I know Mac-In-Tosh was the real proverbial apple in Blue's proverbial basket. ;)
You don't say! :thelook:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The Bad: Very protective. Jealous. Possessive. Manipulative. Used grandiose dreams to build an image of what he wanted or thought his life could be and he'd live in that idea. But it wasn't reality. He would "sell" himself on his own ideas but would never do any work to make them happen in the real world. Anytime you'd give him a dose of reality he would become petulant and stubborn. He would insult my personal beliefs if he didn't share the viewpoint. He was the king of the double standard. He would start arguments for no apparent reason. Played mind games. He could be verbally cruel if he wanted to be and sometimes he wanted to be.

Oooooh, thanks for reminding me!! I must have blocked out my own memories, too!!! Holy crap, the cruelty... Even my cousin. He's so lovable, but when he's angry, he turns on you and anything goes. It's as if you are not even a human being in his eyes anymore. Wow. Can't believe I forgot to mention that.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm quiet, have my own interests that take me out of the house almost as often as work does, I can cook, do laundry and fix most things. Oh, this was what they look like, not a place to pick them up? Damn... :sad:

Nyx

On average, I'm pretty sure we are hot. Seriously though. The other female INTP I know of has more than one guy enamored of her showing up to her house uninvited. Hot+intelligent = lethal!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On average, I'm pretty sure we are hot. Seriously though. The other female INTP I know of has more than one guy enamored of her showing up to her house uninvited. Hot+intelligent = lethal!

Eh.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No. They were.

Crap. I just remembered I was in a relationship with an ENFJ for about two years. :doh: No joke. I probably blocked it out of my memory. It was that bad. Now here's the portrait for an immature/unhealthy ENFJ:

The Good: I liked his charisma. I didn't have to do any "work" in social situations. He was very encouraging in any creative endeavor I pursued. Enthusiasm was contagious. Very protective and passionate. The sex was great but thinking of him now makes me almost physically ill.

The Bad: Very protective. Jealous. Possessive. Manipulative. Used grandiose dreams to build an image of what he wanted or thought his life could be and he'd live in that idea. But it wasn't reality. He would "sell" himself on his own ideas but would never do any work to make them happen in the real world. Anytime you'd give him a dose of reality he would become petulant and stubborn. He would insult my personal beliefs if he didn't share the viewpoint. He was the king of the double standard. He would start arguments for no apparent reason. Played mind games. He could be verbally cruel if he wanted to be and sometimes he wanted to be.

Yes, I can see the potential for the negative points you described in my type. I've even been some of them. Lukily, I've had a few merciful T friends to kick me upside the head whenever necessary until I got the point.

Could you define "very protective" for me? I grew up in an SJ household and I'm concerned there might be different ways of looking at it. Do you mean overprotective?

Jealousy isn't pretty. He probably didn't realize that once an NT decides to be with someone (at least according to Kiersey), they've made up there mind, and to them, that's usually final. Sex always complicates things too--whether you're ready for a relationship or not, that will seal you in faster than quick drying cement. Sounds like he had some maturing to do.

Manipulation is an easy trap to fall into when you understand the underlying components and motivations of a given social event (2nd- Ni) and also have the drive to organize such events (1st- Fe) as an ENFJ. I've been guilty of this, but I think I got most of it out in Jr. High. Soon after I realized that I couldn't stand people trying to manipulate me, and that I didn't want to be the guy doing this to others. Now, I really really hate it. Nobody trusts you if they even suspect you've done this and that creates a relationtional rift that divides faster than a fault line. Disharmony among the group means I can't sleep. I like my sleep.

I went through the Grandiose Dream phase in my earlier 20s. I realized that life and school take work and time isn't an infinite resource...I still struggle with the time part, but I have some understanding of the work involved now. It takes a lot to make a dream come true. Your ex was trying to run on the all-magical-non-logical engine of Hope...unfortunately, Hope is only really good as a last resort, the emergency reserve tank that only holds a 1/4 of a gallon of Nitrous gas, the last effort to try to make things work--for acheiving big dreams, this is simply not enough. You need structure. You need real building blocks. Hope does not conquer all (though Love goes a long way toward it).

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oooooh, thanks for reminding me!! I must have blocked out my own memories, too!!! Holy crap, the cruelty... Even my cousin. He's so lovable, but when he's angry, he turns on you and anything goes. It's as if you are not even a human being in his eyes anymore. Wow. Can't believe I forgot to mention that.

That really is terrible.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you define "very protective" for me? I grew up in an SJ household and I'm concerned there might be different ways of looking at it. Do you mean overprotective?

Maybe protective wasn't the correct word. He just was very good about making sure I was comfortable. Was I too hot or too cold? Need a drink? It was like he was the host of a party of one....me! lol. Nice feeling to be on the receiving end of that hospitality...that's the word! Hospitality. Like no other.

Jealousy isn't pretty. He probably didn't realize that once an NT decides to be with someone (at least according to Kiersey), they've made up there mind, and to them, that's usually final. Sex always complicates things too--whether you're ready for a relationship or not, that will seal you in faster than quick drying cement. Sounds like he had some maturing to do.

That's true. If I'm with you I'm with you. Look at my actions. They will tell you the truth. If still in doubt, then ask. I have no problem verbalizing. But it won't be gushy. Take my word at face value. Questioning my loyalty after I've done these things is paramount to emotionally cutting me off at the knees. I'll come to resent you very fast! :steam:

Manipulation is an easy trap to fall into when you understand the underlying components and motivations of a given social event (2nd- Ni) and also have the drive to organize such events (1st- Fe) as an ENFJ. I've been guilty of this, but I think I got most of it out in Jr. High. Soon after I realized that I couldn't stand people trying to manipulate me, and that I didn't want to be the guy doing this to others. Now, I really really hate it. Nobody trusts you if they even suspect you've done this and that creates a relationtional rift that divides faster than a fault line. Disharmony among the group means I can't sleep. I like my sleep.

You seem like you've avoided or learned from a lot of mistakes ENFJ is capable of. Kudos. You truly are a force to be reckoned with ;)

I went through the Grandiose Dream phase in my earlier 20s. I realized that life and school take work and time isn't an infinite resource...I still struggle with the time part, but I have some understanding of the work involved now. It takes a lot to make a dream come true. Your ex was trying to run on the all-magical-non-logical engine of Hope...unfortunately, Hope is only really good as a last resort, the emergency reserve tank that only holds a 1/4 of a gallon of Nitrous gas, the last effort to try to make things work--for acheiving big dreams, this is simply not enough. You need structure. You need real building blocks. Hope does not conquer all (though Love goes a long way toward it).

Excellent way of putting it!! Yup. Sounds like him. Only he was 35! :doh: Like I said. Immature and unhealthy.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

She speaks the truth. Scientifically proven, in fact.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A random sampling of people dressed as Dumbledore at Comic-Con is hardly scientific.

What part of "lethal" do you not understand?

Lullah's basement is littered with the remains of fallen INTJs.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
So, I've heard that being a male ENFJ is relatively rare (I've seen maybe three or four besides me in the ENFJ Cult :devil: :)). Most ENFJs are female. I've also heard that the female INTP is almost non-existant.

As I've never met my supposed match in female form, what does an emotionally healthy/mature female INTP look like personally/interpersonally?

I've heard they like making gadgets...which struck me as ISTP. Kinda a minor detail, not sure.

Furthermore, to fulfill my complete curiosity, what does a good male ENFJ-female INTP relationship look like? Anybody in the forum have that relationship or know people who do to describe it?

I don't ask because I desire to find Myers-Briggs perfection when the right one crosses my path; maturity tends to soften personality conflict differences (or unwelcome similarities), and between two mature people, any relationship can flourish.

Still, I'm admittedly curious.

I've skipped most of the ensuing pages in this thread but from my RL experience -

I know four female INTPs, and they are all gay. :laugh:

How do they appear?

They dress for utility, not appearance. If they care about how they look to you, they will be groomed and cleanly (but simply) dressed. If they don't care? Two words. Hot mess. (LOL you know it's true!) Okay, that's worst case (which trust me, I have seen) but yeah, if they don't care can look sloppy/scrubby.

The most style-conscious INTP female I know is still pretty simple in dress and has a self-proclaimed "uniform" dark jeans, dark blouse, boots.

On first appearance: they seem quiet, even stand-offish regardless of whether it's shyness or just "introversion" that's the cause. One of my INTP friends is very quiet and self-contained but she is very confident and *tough* even. I'm not sure how easily Fe picks up on those subtelties at first glance.

Also, from what I've seen INTPs like and are even drawn to openly warm and even effusive people.

None of them make gagdets. :huh: But 2 work in IT and 2 in medicine.

And do not be fooled by stereotypes, INTPs can get real serious and emotional about dating and sex. In fact, INTPs fall surprisingly hard and fast for people, at least from the sample that I've seen.

ps Small world one of my INTP female friends just called me. Bah. It takes an ENFX to put up with that crap! LOLOLOL. ;)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Can't relate . . . Besides the apparent stand-offishness as a first impression.

Darkéy

MBTI Type
INFP
Just from the title of the thread... I think they may well look... female! ^_-

X.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know four female INTPs, and they are all gay. :laugh:
Observer bias? :p
They dress for utility, not appearance.
Dungarees? Hell No.
If they care about how they look to you, they will be groomed and cleanly (but simply) dressed.
Or undressed, as the case may be.

On first appearance: they seem quiet, even stand-offish regardless of whether it's shyness or just "introversion" that's the cause. One of my INTP friends is very quiet and self-contained but she is very confident and *tough* even. I'm not sure how easily Fe picks up on those subtelties at first glance.
Check.
Also, from what I've seen INTPs like and are even drawn to openly warm and even effusive people.
Check.
None of them make gagdets. :huh: But 2 work in IT and 2 in medicine.
Check.
And do not be fooled by stereotypes, INTPs can get real serious and emotional about dating and sex. In fact, INTPs fall surprisingly hard and fast for people, at least from the sample that I've seen.
Check.
Bah. It takes an ENFX to put up with that crap! LOLOLOL. ;)
Check. :hug: