• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTPs-What do they look like?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Admittedly, I don't know many other female INTPs IRL, but the ones who've posted pics on this board (myself included) mostly do care about their appearance. They're not your typical clueless-professor types. I collect data about fashion like I'd collect it about anything else--I'm just not a slave to it, and I dress mostly to express myself, not to impress others. But I do know what's in style, and I know what styles look good on my body type. In my group of (mostly NF) friends, I'm the only one that doesn't wear a t-shirt and jeans every day of my life.

And, Mr. Smarty Pants INTJ, they are the ones more likely to go to a fan convention. I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's interesting Tallulah. For me, it all depends on what I can find on the big pile on the floor in the morning... I rarely give a thought to my daytime appearance and will just wear whatever is clean and not so wrinkly - I don't even bother to look in the mirror. At night, I totally vamp out though. I wonder how the other NT girls do it.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Admittedly, I don't know many other female INTPs IRL, but the ones who've posted pics on this board (myself included) mostly do care about their appearance. They're not your typical clueless-professor types. I collect data about fashion like I'd collect it about anything else--I'm just not a slave to it, and I dress mostly to express myself, not to impress others. But I do know what's in style, and I know what styles look good on my body type. In my group of (mostly NF) friends, I'm the only one that doesn't wear a t-shirt and jeans every day of my life.

And, Mr. Smarty Pants INTJ, they are the ones more likely to go to a fan convention. I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

appearance sensitivity might depend on how developed the intp's Si is.
which might be why, i, like jenocyde (entp= inferior function Si), wear whatevers on the floor.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Driving

Okay, so I have another general question. Generally, do you enjoy good conversation and long drives? I'm curious to how an NT would view such a use of their time--I know my SJ/SP friends don't see the point, but NFs usually enjoy it.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like good conversation and long drives. As long as I'm driving. I don't like being the passenger that much. Unless it's a really comfortable ride and I trust the driver. Although I prefer long drives alone. :wubbie: I love driving. Being on the road alone with your thoughts, the scenery, the other drivers, the car. All of it.

By the way, the only other INTP woman I know irl is very pretty. Quiet. Yet when she speaks she is insightful. Kind of snarky - Love that. Good head on her shoulders.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I like good conversation and long drives. As long as I'm driving. I don't like being the passenger that much. Unless it's a really comfortable ride and I trust the driver. Although I prefer long drives alone. :wubbie: I love driving. Being on the road alone with your thoughts, the scenery, the other drivers, the car. All of it.

This. :wubbie: The car is where I do a lot of my thinking. And singing at the top of my lungs. I love a road trip with the right person, and conversation is great, but only if it's not forced. And the person has to be aware that sometimes I'm tired of talking and I just want to listen to music, because that is a big part of what makes a roadtrip awesome.

I have an ISTJ friend who thinks getting in the car means you have to talk. Even when you have nothing to say. This is not a good theory.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes to both your posts.

Singing with the windows rolled down is why they even roll down anymore--think about it, most cars have air conditioning standard.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right on Tallulah.

Good call on the music. So important. I don't know about others but I think the road is our zen. It centers us.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know about others but I think the road is our zen. It centers us.

Oh, man, that is so true. I get a little twitchy if I don't have my CAT (Car Alone Time). And when I drive the 5 hours to visit my parents, it's like my brain gets unstuck--that Ti loop or whatever--something about the long drive makes me see things from a new angle or think of an element I hadn't thought of before. It's the coolest thing. Another awesome thing about taking a trip is that when I get to a new place, I don't have to feel like my same boring self. It's like being in a new environment brings out other sides I forget are there.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, man, that is so true. I get a little twitchy if I don't have my CAT (Car Alone Time). And when I drive the 5 hours to visit my parents, it's like my brain gets unstuck--that Ti loop or whatever--something about the long drive makes me see things from a new angle or think of an element I hadn't thought of before. It's the coolest thing. Another awesome thing about taking a trip is that when I get to a new place, I don't have to feel like my same boring self. It's like being in a new environment brings out other sides I forget are there.

Totally! Every so often, when the feeling hits, I get in the car and driven a couple hours. Go to a local dive bar or something. Sit and do a crossword puzzle. Maybe talk to the locals there. Love that feeling of not being attached to anything there and also, traveling alone you get a better sense of the people you meet because you're not bringing anything or anyone with you but yourself. It's the epitome of truth.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It's crazy how similar NTP women are. Nothing makes me happier than driving forever. I ended up in North Carolina once when I lived in Boston (*yikes*). My thoughts drift and the music seeps into my soul. I feel so free.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Totally! Every so often, when the feeling hits, I get in the car and driven a couple hours. Go to a local dive bar or something. Sit and do a crossword puzzle. Maybe talk to the locals there. Love that feeling of not being attached to anything there and also, traveling alone you get a better sense of the people you meet because you're not bringing anything or anyone with you but yourself. It's the epitome of truth.

Yes, that's exactly it! :wubbie: Just whoever you are at that particular moment, no baggage. No expectations from people who want to categorize you or say, "That's so unlike you," or whatever.

It's crazy how similar NTP women are. Nothing makes me happier than driving forever. I ended up in North Carolina once when I lived in Boston (*yikes*). My thoughts drift and the music seeps into my soul. I feel so free.

Yes, and yes! I've ended up in other towns many a time--I don't think I've ended up in another state yet, but I wouldn't put it past me.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So how can we make sure we don't put unnecessary burdens on you?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
So how can we make sure we don't put unnecessary burdens on you?

Really, just accept us for who we are, and not try to put us in boxes. Allow us to show other sides without judging them or pronouncing them out of character. When I feel judged, I feel self-conscious and shut down.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Good call on the music. So important. I don't know about others but I think the road is our zen. It centers us.

Oh god yes. This is a recent thing for me, but I now LOVE driving (by myself!) with loud music blaring. It's awesome for clearing the mind. I've been doing a bunch of country drives recently. <3