User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Mmm, interesting.

She's pretty close to what I'd pictured actually.

Just let it be known, I didn't ask for pics, they were posted.

And, if I can be stereotypically male for just a second--very attractive.

Enneagram
    9w8

That is someone playing an INTP role, so unless the actress herself is an INTP as well that is not an actual example, hot or otherwise.

One thing I've noticed with the few INTP females I've seen is that you can see a smile first in their eyes, then through the curving of lips.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    That is someone playing an INTP role, so unless the actress herself is an INTP as well that is not an actual example, hot or otherwise.

One thing I've noticed with the few INTP females I've seen is that you can see a smile first in their eyes, then through the curving of lips.
    Hmm, didn't even know she was an actress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I think that's where the conflict you see in those threads came up. Some don't want to adapt to society or think they've adapted just fine. They take umbrage at the very idea that some dude would tait upon himself to even try. The rebuffed efforts at reform make for some bruised egos, it seems. And the relationship/thread goes to hell.
    Yup. I think it's a bad match. Keirsey put intp/enfj together but I think it only works for male intps. They are pretty conventionally masculine and enfj women are pretty conventionally feminine. INTP women are probably the least conventional types going, however. They are furiously independent too and resent any kind of judgement/attempts to control. That rubs up against that J pretty badly. I think we do better with ENFP males. That seems to be a common pairing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Yup. I think it's a bad match. Keirsey put intp/enfj together but I think it only works for male intps. They are pretty conventionally masculine and enfj women are pretty conventionally feminine. INTP women are probably the least conventional types going, however. They are furiously independent too and resent any kind of judgement/attempts to control. That rubs up against that J pretty badly. I think we do better with ENFP males. That seems to be a common pairing.
    Agree here. If there were ever any type that could turn the inflated balloon that is the ENFJ male Knight-in-Shining-Armor syndrome into a perfect reenactment of the Hindenburg, it's a female INTP.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Interesting, thank you for the feedback Jennifer.
    No problemo.

I liked Tallulah's comments too. I can be very playful; other times I seem more business; I go into "assess/eval" mode if you want to understand my reasoning; and generally I try to keep a connection with people even if underneath it I still have some detachment. (My natural self as a teen was to sit quietly in a room, observe everyone without saying a word, and figure out "who they were" and sometimes my inner conclusions were very critical/scathing, due to inconsistencies in personality.)

You're going to see a spectrum of behavior across a "type" just like with every type. The more Ti+Si style INTP women are going to be more autonomous, snarkier/critical, and keep a distance between themselves and others; the more Ne (or Fe) style INTP women are going to be more social and seem less critical in casual encounters.

Spending time with someone IRL will probably give you a better picture of the true self.

Where vision is concerned, I am gradually learning how "weigh" facts and variables, rather than just charging in with blind enthusiasm to solve a problem or put an idea into motion. I'm still a cynical optimist (really desiring vision/idea/relationship/situation to work out, but believing on some level it won't because of past experience, in which failure may have occurred because of my lack of forethought), but I can see myself progressing toward a more logical approach in my decision making process, especially as I develop greater self awareness.
    That makes sense. Getting older and accumulating social experiences (and allowing oneself to change and grow) will result in some tempering and expansion of personality. We all get more well-rounded, if we allow it to happen.

I do believe that if you give an NFJ enough rope, he'll either hang himself, or find a way do the "impossible". It sounds irrational, but the type set can be very creative when there's a major reason to be. "Impossible" isn't such a concrete concept to us as long as we have the all-magical-non-logical "hope". That hope powers our creative mind.
    I can understand what you are saying and like to give people room to be themselves. I've also had enough experience with persistent people of many types to realize that, while my immediate strategic assess of a situation might be technically accurate, it's pretty amazing to see what can actually be accomplished through brute force and persistence and commitment to the goal, so I have learned not to dismiss it.

Emotional stability is attractive, highly valued, and centering/anchoring to me, but Feeling in some form has to be present, otherwise, I dismiss that person as immature, cold, or heartless (perhaps as an NT would dismiss an immature NF as foolish without any capacity for rational thought). Good for you that you've developed Fe to such a high degree.
    heh... it wasn't much fun.
    But I enjoy it now. <- I even know how to use smilies!

Growth is hard -- it's not just that you're changing, it's that you're leaving behind your old sense of identity ("I'm a rational analytical detached observer") and reborn in a sense ("I'm a rational analytical detached observer who engages others, feels things, and can respect and appreciate useful social conventions") and there's no proof that the new self is the "right one," you just engage the process on intuition and faith that you are going to a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Agree here. If there were ever any type that could turn the inflated balloon that is the ENFJ male Knight-in-Shining-Armor syndrome into a perfect reenactment of the Hindenburg, it's a female INTP.
    ROFL.

Where's the boom?! There was supposed to be an earthshattering kaboom!
    ... oh, THERE it is.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

They are furiously independent too and resent any kind of judgement/attempts to control. That rubs up against that J pretty badly. I think we do better with ENFP males. That seems to be a common pairing.
    +1 on the bolded parts, but extroverted dudes? Usually: do nat want. Some INTPs do seem to like it, tho.

hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP

Ha, that could definitely be one outcome. I deeply resent someone making me feel like I'm defective if I'm not the standard, clingy, needy chick stereotype. But if you're the right amount of charming (ie not sleazy charming or everybody-loves-me charming), you have the smarts to back up the charm and are secure enough that you don't need a damsel all the time, sometimes it's fun to have a knight. Just remember that I'm not going to act helpless just to feed your ego. If I come to you needing help, know that it's a big deal for me, and that I trust you.

Also, what Jennifer said. I don't think all INTP women necessarily have the same outward personality, and we have also been shaped by our experiences and upbringing.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Ha, that could definitely be one outcome. I deeply resent someone making me feel like I'm defective if I'm not the standard, clingy, needy chick stereotype. But if you're the right amount of charming (ie not sleazy charming or everybody-loves-me charming), you have the smarts to back up the charm and are secure enough that you don't need a damsel all the time, sometimes it's fun to have a knight. Just remember that I'm not going to act helpless just to feed your ego. If I come to you needing help, know that it's a big deal for me, and that I trust you.
    Word. I think it's a sign of character for a guy to interpose/put himself out there for people he loves, and I think the experience (if mutual give and take) can be exhilarating... but if it ends up emitting a vibe that he thinks I'm helpless or incapable without him or that I need him to do me the favor or that my intelligence isn't strong enough to figure out my dilemma, then I just get turned off. I don't expect a guy to "need" me either, I just want to invest in him because (and to show) I care.

I also might allow an opportunity to exist for a guy to be included in my efforts, I've learned enough to realize I need to leave space in my life for others to enter; but I also will not act helpless just to make someone feel good about their strength; I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself and living autonomously, thanks so much... so if you're looking for a woman you can save all the time, you can go find her elsewhere -- I'm not the droid you are looking for.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I know that everyone's different but if we are speaking about generalities I agree that ENFJ/INTP can make a match. But it wouldn't be without it's problem areas and I don't see it being a "natural" match.
    I only know one female and one male ENFJ. He's like an alien to me. Then again, I've got a low N. So yeah. Very different.

One thing I've noticed about ENFJ, male or female, is the need for control. They don't like being anywhere out of their comfort zone. I'm more go-with-the-flow but when there has been a rare occasion that I wanted to choose where to go or what to do...oh, man! :rolli: I get major pouting!
    Also, they tend to blow little things out of proportion to the extent that they can cause DRAMA where there doesn't have to be. Where we do get along great is on a silly, playful level. Two peas in a pod that way.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance