User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Me neither

I just think that INTPs do have something to offer to ENFJs, and vice versa. It could work well, but this seems to be one of those pairings where they are apt to get tired of each other before they realize that. INTP gets irritated by ENFJ's attempts to "help," and ENFJ gets discouraged by INTP's lack of interest, initiative, general apathy, and on top of that, lack of "wubbiness."
    Actually, I like my alone time. I realized recently, that if I don't get a little everyday, I'm super crabby. Theoretically speaking, I'd be honored when she decided to take an interest...it makes the room a little hotter.

I don't care about apathy. Saying please goes a long way when trying to get someone to do something--I think INTPs would appreciate that especially because it shows I respect their boundaries. If they don't wanna, I don't wanna push.

Like I said, no pushing. That includes help. If she doesn't want it, I don't plan on offering a second time.

MBTI
    XNFJ

I just think that INTPs do have something to offer to ENFJs, and vice versa. It could work well, but this seems to be one of those pairings where they are apt to get tired of each other before they realize that. INTP gets irritated by ENFJ's attempts to "help," and ENFJ gets discouraged by INTP's lack of interest, initiative, general apathy, and on top of that, lack of "wubbiness."
    That's kind of my experience. And then once I get tired of that, and the open criticism, I'm pretty much done. It's not a dynamic that's worked well for me in the past, but I do have a couple of INTP friends, so I think it can work (for me) at a more casual level.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Actually, I like my alone time. I realized recently, that if I don't get a little everyday, I'm super crabby. Theoretically speaking, I'd be honored when she decided to take an interest...it makes the room a little hotter.
    It's not about alone time. ENFJs are motivated and they motivate others. But the INTP is more concerned with their private activities and thoughts, and can be so independent that it seems they have no interest in maintaining the relationship.

I don't care about apathy. Saying please goes a long way when trying to get someone to do something--I think INTPs would appreciate that especially because it shows I respect their boundaries. If they don't wanna, I don't wanna push.
    I've mostly seen INTP men interact with ENFJ women, so I'd be interested in observing how the dynamic differs when the genders are reversed. Although I have noted that my female INTP friend tends to be attracted to ENFJ men, but it seems to be surface attraction.
    ~Life in a cappella~

Fuzzcrossed, you seem like a reasonable and mature guy to me. And all INTP women aren't mean. Some of us are actually really quite nice. We may not outwardly fluffy, especially at first, but we have a playful side that you get to see when you take the time to know us. You may get the quiet side or the sarcastic side first until we know you're not just amusing yourself and you actually want to know us. I actually think ENFJ guy/INTP girl could work if both had enough maturity and life experience to try and understand the other's points of view. I've always wondered myself what the dynamic would be like, but usually the guys that start these threads are not mature or balanced enough to do anything but piss off an INTP chick. :-P You seem to be an exception.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

It's not about alone time. ENFJs are motivated and they motivate others. But the INTP is more concerned with their private activities and thoughts, and can be so independent that it seems they have no interest in maintaining the relationship.

I've mostly seen INTP men interact with ENFJ women, so I'd be interested in observing how the dynamic differs when the genders are reversed. Although I have noted that my female INTP friend tends to be attracted to ENFJ men, but it seems to be surface attraction.
    Well, my introverted counterpart, perhaps I shall find out someday and post it on the forums. Maybe not. I just know I lost faith that two NFs make a good couple--one bad emotional blowout and the whole relationship is spent forever--never to have that closeness again.

We shall see though. I'll find the girl who will teach me how to think things through better and maybe I'll teach her a thing or two about emotion.

So far I haven't heard from any ENFJ/INTP couples, so you might just be right Lauren. I might just be single for the rest of my life.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Fuzzcrossed, you seem like a reasonable and mature guy to me. And all INTP women aren't mean. Some of us are actually really quite nice. We may not outwardly fluffy, especially at first, but we have a playful side that you get to see when you take the time to know us. You may get the quiet side or the sarcastic side first until we know you're not just amusing yourself and you actually want to know us. I actually think ENFJ guy/INTP girl could work if both had enough maturity and life experience to try and understand the other's points of view. I've always wondered myself what the dynamic would be like, but usually the guys that start these threads are not mature or balanced enough to do anything but piss off an INTP chick. :-P You seem to be an exception.
    Aww, thanks. :sheepish:

INTP women are consistently my favorite here on the forum. They're smart, and they're demanding in a good way...they engage you mentally. I can't say I've noticed them being mean, although they can be iconoclasts and prickly about it. I dig them
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I know, this may set a bad precedent, but answering the title literally...

INTP female
    YouTube - The Physicist
    [YOUTUBE="-XlHcut1xKo"]Scenes of Fred Burkle[/YOUTUBE]

May even look like an INTP forum member.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    INTP women are consistently my favorite here on the forum. They're smart, and they're demanding in a good way...they engage you mentally. I can't say I've noticed them being mean, although they can be iconoclasts and prickly about it. I dig them
    I'm mean.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I know, this may set a bad precedent, but answering the title literally...

INTP female

May even look like an INTP forum member.
    I was going to say hot as an answer before I even saw the picture. But that helps confirm it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.