User Tag List

First 1220212223 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm an INTP female. Most of what I look like has to do with genetics, but of course environmental factors come into play as well. Last year I was in a car accident that left me partially blind in one eye.. you can't really tell, but there's something slightly off about my face. I'm slightly overweight, as well. Thanks to a medical condition and the fact that I do enjoy food and the internet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Is INTP hair a thing for INTP women?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Female INTPs-What do they look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    My sister-in-law is INTP and it applies to some level, but she's gorgeous no matter how tousle her hair gets
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Sadly, yes.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTP and ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My mother, ESFJ and my father, INTP were deeply in love with each other but made a boring and horrible couple.

I think they shared some metaphysical connection, for they certainly did not share much else, besides three children.

Ew, maybe it was a sexual thing.

My dad had a love/hate/love relationship with my mom whereas my mom had a hate/love/hate relationship with my dad.

Not really addressing your question really, sorry.
    Oh-oh. My wife and I are this exact combination. Is there any hope

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What does a female INTP look like personally/interpersonally?

Hardly know. I don't use mirrors. I just check whether I messed up with the buttons of my coat looking at a shop window (you know, button #1 in buttonhole #2 and so forth).

Personally, a female INTP is someone who is in her own world and probably doesn't need anything from anyone (or doesn't want to admit it), therefore you'll never know how she is interpersonally (which is "awkward" most of the times).

It is a thing, yes, on the head. It's there for some unknown reason and it needs shampoo when taking a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by roonwitthecentaur View Post
    Oh-oh. My wife and I are this exact combination. Is there any hope
    I don't think couples should consider MBTI. It's personal. If you like her (you married her, so I suppose you do) and she likes you, there should not be a problem. My mother is ESFJ and my father is INTJ, and they get along well. My mother catastrophizes about everything and my dad comes with a universal solution to all her problems. In return, she buys and washes his clothes and cuts his hair. I don't get on well with ESFJs because they make me nervous, but everyone is different.
    MBTI: INTP (though I'm PINT-sized) * Ti = Ne > Fi > Ni > Si > Te = Se >>> Fe
    Enneagram: 5w4 - 4w5 - 1w9 sp/sx * 5 > 4 > 1 > 8 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 9 > 2
    Socionics: LII - Ne
    SLOAN: Rc|U|EI
    Holland Code: AIE
    Temperament: Melancholic/Choleric
    House: Slytherin
    Oldham's: Idiosyncratic/Solitary

Omnis res est se ipsa singularis et per nihil aliud
    Likes Fun in the Sun liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    bs
    Socionics
    ILE None

Very similar to INFPs at first glance. They are probably much more socially timid than INFPs because they are lacking good ability to approach people. Area where INFPs tend to shine.
    Last edited by Mr Troll; 08-26-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: damn you touchpad

Sign up for OkCupid, then search for INTP on the match results page. That will show you many profiles of INTP females and they'll be ordered by match percentage (which may be accurate if you honestly/accurately answer 300-500 questions). That said, I don't usually buy into the INTP + ENFJ, INTJ + ENFP, etc matchups. They seem like a recipe for disaster in most cases. I'm convinced good matches are among those that share the same perceiving function (in the case of Ni: INTJs, INFJs, ENFJs, and ENTJs) or that are the last two letters flipped (ENTP in the case of ENFJ). Or, they are among those sharing the bottom half of the function stack (Se - Ti = ESTP), or the manifestation of the unconscious functions (Ti inferior inverted = Te inferior = INFP or ISFP <=> INFP, as ISFP have Se and Ni, which are already in an ENFJ's conscious stack), or the 4th member, the ISTJ (inferred by applying the same bottom/unconscious rule to ESTPs and INFPs).

That leaves: INTJ, INFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTP, INFP, and ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

Let's see. What are INTP women like...

I'm an INTP woman and pretty naturally gravitate towards all stereotypes about us, but as I get older, I've learned how to "fake it to make it" so to speak. For example, I could be quite content to wear my hair in a messy bun and rock the same pair of jeans and dark colored shirt/jacket combo every single day. In fact, I do most of the time. But I also, when appropriate, can do an ultra glam movie makeover. I actually really love fashion and have a deep appreciation for it as an art. I just fundamentally do not care enough about what other people think to be bothered to put myself together every day. I often wish I did. I love buying high quality make up and am very picky about what products I use, even though day to day I hardly wear any make up at all. My proudest feature is my hair, which is very long, but people don't realize growing my hair out was not an act of vanity, but an act of sheer laziness. When it shorter, I had to style it. Now I don't. lol. For me, making myself up and wearing feminine clothing, make up, etc and drawing attention to my physical appearance can be really fun, but it also feels artificial. It's something I do as an occasion, but not something I could feel motivated or comfortable doing on a daily basis. My appearance is something I have no insecurities about, but also something I really don't care about either.

Personality-wise, I'm pretty laid back. I think I'm pretty funny and sarcastic and I can be very warm and friendly, although it takes effort sometimes. If I'm not interested in another person, I have a hard time faking it and probably come off as aloof and rude. I am empathetic, but bad at interpreting other people's feelings. I argue a lot and enjoy debates, especially online, but I'm also a generally low conflict person and avoid personal conflict at all cost. I love to argue ideas, but I hate to argue with anyone on a personal level. I tend to just shut down rather than engage in an argument if someone is upset with me. I don't have a hard time keeping or making friends. Most of my friends are Fs and they come to me for advice a lot because they know I'll give them an honest rational assessment of a situation that will make sense. Sometimes I can be too blunt and harsh, so when someone accuses me of this, even when I think they're being way too sensitive, I just suck it up and apologize and validate their feelings. It's taken quite a long time to develop that level of maturity though. I use to be a lot more combative. I work hard at not being a robo-bitch.

I'm an artist, which isn't exactly uncommon for INTP women, but I wouldn't say I'm a typical "artsy girl." I find a lot of women who are artists make it their entire persona and can be really hippy-dippy and annoying about it. For me, art is just a thing I do. It's a deeply important part of who I am, but also not who I am, if that makes sense. It's a thing that defines who I am internally, but not something I really express externally. I'm not terribly good at self-promotion in general, which is something I dislike about myself. I have to remind myself to tell people I'm an artist sometimes. There are just so many different things I also love and am curious about that I've never felt the need to make a big deal about it, which sometimes confuses people I think. Or it causes people to underestimate how actually significant it is to who I am. The way I approach the creative process is also more "rational." Like, I only enjoy painting if I have a purpose behind the work I'm doing. I don't paint things for the sake of painting them. I wouldn't spend time just painting a still live for the hell of it. All of my work has to have a purpose, a message, an intellectual story behind it. Pretty pictures, for myself, aren't art worth making.

I don't match well with men who are F types. When I was younger, I dated a lot of them, and they all involved lots of drama and them accusing me of being selfish and insensitive. Now I'm with an atypically creative ENTJ and that's much, much healthier. In relationships I have a pretty low threshold for drama or bull shit. I'm a really caring, supportive, affectionate, sexual person. I'm open to new experiences and pretty low maintenance and independent. I like space and like to give space. That being said, it's pretty rare for me to meet anyone of the opposite sex I'm attracted to intellectually and physically, so I really hate causal dating. I get disappointed because dating lots of people out of the general population makes me feel like an alien. But once I am in a relationship, I'm in 100%. My guess is that most INTP women are this way. We are picky to begin with, place high value on anything we deem "worthy" of our approval, and therefore, once we choose you, it's pretty likely we will show unending loyalty as long as you do. I use to think I wasn't an easy person to date, but then I realized I was just dating a lot of guys who were emotional trainwrecks, overly needy or controlling, constantly bored or dissatisfied without conflict in their lives, or looking for a woman less challenging and more gendered "wife/mother material". I'm not traditionally "feminine", I am extremely opinionated, I do not do the nurturing shit... but for a confident, mature man looking for an equal, not his mother, I'm actually a pretty great girlfriend.

What the hell is INTP hair?