User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Female INTPs-What do they look like?

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Mmm...I always wanted to be the evil villian. Can I have a ring of power too?
    You may but not from me. V__V

:southern accent: Drama? From Lil' Ol' Me? Well, garsh Ms. Ina, heh heh, ain't you so sweet, but I don't know nothin 'bout no theatrics. I'as jus'
    b'in m'self.
    [resists the charm of the accent] I have to give it to you: You're good. Way to prey on a weakness.

It's okay, I know Mac-In-Tosh was the real proverbial apple in Blue's proverbial basket.
    You don't say!
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The Bad: Very protective. Jealous. Possessive. Manipulative. Used grandiose dreams to build an image of what he wanted or thought his life could be and he'd live in that idea. But it wasn't reality. He would "sell" himself on his own ideas but would never do any work to make them happen in the real world. Anytime you'd give him a dose of reality he would become petulant and stubborn. He would insult my personal beliefs if he didn't share the viewpoint. He was the king of the double standard. He would start arguments for no apparent reason. Played mind games. He could be verbally cruel if he wanted to be and sometimes he wanted to be.
    Oooooh, thanks for reminding me!! I must have blocked out my own memories, too!!! Holy crap, the cruelty... Even my cousin. He's so lovable, but when he's angry, he turns on you and anything goes. It's as if you are not even a human being in his eyes anymore. Wow. Can't believe I forgot to mention that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm quiet, have my own interests that take me out of the house almost as often as work does, I can cook, do laundry and fix most things. Oh, this was what they look like, not a place to pick them up? Damn... :sad:
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Array

On average, I'm pretty sure we are hot. Seriously though. The other female INTP I know of has more than one guy enamored of her showing up to her house uninvited. Hot+intelligent = lethal!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    On average, I'm pretty sure we are hot. Seriously though. The other female INTP I know of has more than one guy enamored of her showing up to her house uninvited. Hot+intelligent = lethal!
    Eh.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    No. They were.

Crap. I just remembered I was in a relationship with an ENFJ for about two years. No joke. I probably blocked it out of my memory. It was that bad. Now here's the portrait for an immature/unhealthy ENFJ:

The Good: I liked his charisma. I didn't have to do any "work" in social situations. He was very encouraging in any creative endeavor I pursued. Enthusiasm was contagious. Very protective and passionate. The sex was great but thinking of him now makes me almost physically ill.

The Bad: Very protective. Jealous. Possessive. Manipulative. Used grandiose dreams to build an image of what he wanted or thought his life could be and he'd live in that idea. But it wasn't reality. He would "sell" himself on his own ideas but would never do any work to make them happen in the real world. Anytime you'd give him a dose of reality he would become petulant and stubborn. He would insult my personal beliefs if he didn't share the viewpoint. He was the king of the double standard. He would start arguments for no apparent reason. Played mind games. He could be verbally cruel if he wanted to be and sometimes he wanted to be.
    Yes, I can see the potential for the negative points you described in my type. I've even been some of them. Lukily, I've had a few merciful T friends to kick me upside the head whenever necessary until I got the point.

Could you define "very protective" for me? I grew up in an SJ household and I'm concerned there might be different ways of looking at it. Do you mean overprotective?

Jealousy isn't pretty. He probably didn't realize that once an NT decides to be with someone (at least according to Kiersey), they've made up there mind, and to them, that's usually final. Sex always complicates things too--whether you're ready for a relationship or not, that will seal you in faster than quick drying cement. Sounds like he had some maturing to do.

Manipulation is an easy trap to fall into when you understand the underlying components and motivations of a given social event (2nd- Ni) and also have the drive to organize such events (1st- Fe) as an ENFJ. I've been guilty of this, but I think I got most of it out in Jr. High. Soon after I realized that I couldn't stand people trying to manipulate me, and that I didn't want to be the guy doing this to others. Now, I really really hate it. Nobody trusts you if they even suspect you've done this and that creates a relationtional rift that divides faster than a fault line. Disharmony among the group means I can't sleep. I like my sleep.

I went through the Grandiose Dream phase in my earlier 20s. I realized that life and school take work and time isn't an infinite resource...I still struggle with the time part, but I have some understanding of the work involved now. It takes a lot to make a dream come true. Your ex was trying to run on the all-magical-non-logical engine of Hope...unfortunately, Hope is only really good as a last resort, the emergency reserve tank that only holds a 1/4 of a gallon of Nitrous gas, the last effort to try to make things work--for acheiving big dreams, this is simply not enough. You need structure. You need real building blocks. Hope does not conquer all (though Love goes a long way toward it).

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Oooooh, thanks for reminding me!! I must have blocked out my own memories, too!!! Holy crap, the cruelty... Even my cousin. He's so lovable, but when he's angry, he turns on you and anything goes. It's as if you are not even a human being in his eyes anymore. Wow. Can't believe I forgot to mention that.
    That really is terrible.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Could you define "very protective" for me? I grew up in an SJ household and I'm concerned there might be different ways of looking at it. Do you mean overprotective?
    Maybe protective wasn't the correct word. He just was very good about making sure I was comfortable. Was I too hot or too cold? Need a drink? It was like he was the host of a party of one....me! lol. Nice feeling to be on the receiving end of that hospitality...that's the word! Hospitality. Like no other.

Jealousy isn't pretty. He probably didn't realize that once an NT decides to be with someone (at least according to Kiersey), they've made up there mind, and to them, that's usually final. Sex always complicates things too--whether you're ready for a relationship or not, that will seal you in faster than quick drying cement. Sounds like he had some maturing to do.
    That's true. If I'm with you I'm with you. Look at my actions. They will tell you the truth. If still in doubt, then ask. I have no problem verbalizing. But it won't be gushy. Take my word at face value. Questioning my loyalty after I've done these things is paramount to emotionally cutting me off at the knees. I'll come to resent you very fast! :steam:

Manipulation is an easy trap to fall into when you understand the underlying components and motivations of a given social event (2nd- Ni) and also have the drive to organize such events (1st- Fe) as an ENFJ. I've been guilty of this, but I think I got most of it out in Jr. High. Soon after I realized that I couldn't stand people trying to manipulate me, and that I didn't want to be the guy doing this to others. Now, I really really hate it. Nobody trusts you if they even suspect you've done this and that creates a relationtional rift that divides faster than a fault line. Disharmony among the group means I can't sleep. I like my sleep.
    You seem like you've avoided or learned from a lot of mistakes ENFJ is capable of. Kudos. You truly are a force to be reckoned with

I went through the Grandiose Dream phase in my earlier 20s. I realized that life and school take work and time isn't an infinite resource...I still struggle with the time part, but I have some understanding of the work involved now. It takes a lot to make a dream come true. Your ex was trying to run on the all-magical-non-logical engine of Hope...unfortunately, Hope is only really good as a last resort, the emergency reserve tank that only holds a 1/4 of a gallon of Nitrous gas, the last effort to try to make things work--for acheiving big dreams, this is simply not enough. You need structure. You need real building blocks. Hope does not conquer all (though Love goes a long way toward it).
    Excellent way of putting it!! Yup. Sounds like him. Only he was 35! Like I said. Immature and unhealthy.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't think NT women and F men are good relationship material as a general rule.
    No one is interested in your rules. General or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    It's okay, I know Mac-In-Tosh was the real proverbial apple in Blue's pic-a-nic basket.
    What? I like my apples unblemished, if you don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    No one is interested in your rules. General or otherwise.

What? I like my apples unblemished, if you don't mind.
    Not at all, my dear, whomever suits you.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast