User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Do you like Lost?

Do you like the TV show Lost?
    I'm guessing that INTP's like Lost and INTJ's don't like it.
    I don't like it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I've watched it till the end of season two. But then with that long pauses in-between every season I've lost attention. Hell that reminds me, I have to even watch the last season of Battlestar Galactica -.-.

No, I didnt really like it, its too confusing and creating suspense for the sake of creating suspense. If there would be an overall concept to the show that clicks a bit more and more in place per episode, I think I would like it, so you can speculate after every episode whats going on. But instead of that the film concept seems to be to add more and more content that seems to be improvised on the flyby.

No dont like it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

The first season, which is supposed to be the only good one, is profoundly tedious. Starting with the second season, which everyone hates, the show becomes rather wonderful. Suddenly all the grasping, both in terms of mythology and storyline and in terms of the show's essential focus, is gone, and it turns into Myst: The Series.

The problem with season one is that it makes the unfortunate assumption that the audience should identify with the characters. Considering that they're all pretty shallow, narrow-minded, and a little bit insane, this makes for some painful viewing. After season one, they realized it's more interesting to take an objective distance. Yes, these people are all nuts -- and they're all part of the puzzle. so let's sit back and watch them like lab rats, instead of trying to empathize with them.

Also it's clear that between seasons they sketched out a rough idea of what was actually going on with the island, as with season two suddenly the show has momentum. You'll recall that it took an entire season just for Locke to open the frickin' hatch. Practically nothing happens in season one, except that they see a few Others, and a polar bear, and the smoke creature (was it even depicted in season one, or was it just trees and noises?). Then each subsequent season is, by comparison, hugely compressed in the time it covers, yet is chock full of event. And most of it is relevant!

Speaking of pace, despite what everyone who loves season one says, from almost the start of season two, the show has been pretty consistent in explaining itself as it goes along, at about the same rate that it points out there's something bigger going on here.

The show can't keep up its steam much longer. Still, there are only, what, thirteen episodes left.

I'll agree that it's very much an NP series. Those who expect answers or straightforward explanations are going to go a bit batty. Those who want a constant stream of semi-epiphany, as an amorphous shape warps and grows more distinct, this is about as good a plaything as any.

The show works much better on DVD than on TV. On DVD, the episodes just flow into each other like chapters in a book.

MBTI
    ENTP

used to, first season and a bit of the second, but it had already become just one shaggy dog story after another by that time and was getting a bit absurd and uh, stupid.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    used to, first season and a bit of the second, but it had already become just one shaggy dog story after another by that time and was getting a bit absurd and uh, stupid.
    You didn't even get to the time travel!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    The show works much better on DVD than on TV. On DVD, the episodes just flow into each other like chapters in a book.
    I'ld agree with that. That could be a reason to watch it again
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

I like being lost

X.
    "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I want to see the MU&$F*&#ING T-Rex!!!

You get to see a polar bear killed, you get to see a boar killed, where the hell is the dinosaur that smashes plam trees as he rampages through that island?

FFS, without dino-gore I am not watching anymore of that silly ass show.

I'm sticking with "Dexter."

MBTI
    IsTP

I really wanted to like this show, I've always liked those castaway movies where people survive in some tropical paradise, but it never caught my attention long enough for me to invest my time in more than three episodes.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    Do you like the TV show Lost?
    I'm guessing that INTP's like Lost and INTJ's don't like it.
    I don't like it.
    Bwa ha ha -- I *love* Lost... unfortunately I missed the last five-six episodes of last season and have to catch up.

But I love the ambiguity and the attempts to pull clarity and order out of the mix and not being able to do so wholesale (one resolution seems to trigger three more mysteries), along with the complexity of all the various character biographies and personalities and how they interact, along with trying to connect all the flashbacks in with the current plot mentally.

It was also nice to have that feeling that I never knew what might happen next... or who might die. There were no sacred cows, anything was possible.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft