User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Too soap opera-ish and overdramatized.
    This forum is an entire season of lost, and then some.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

I hate that show.

Don't get me wrong, it has its moments. And some of the actors are alright. But the reason why I haven't been able to follow the show is because I can't sit through an entire episode-- they're not absurd enough to be entertaining, and not cohesive enough to be taken seriously. Then again, I'm the kind of person who can't read a mystery unless I flip to the end, find out who did it, and then go back and enjoy the story.

The general plot is delivered as if by a four-year-old with ADHD. If the story's going someplace, it's too fast to be satisfying or even make sense. Of course this rarely happens, and you get the feeling that the writers are off in a field playing with butterflies until someone thinks of another animal they would like to battle.

Also, mixing so many different sci fi/fantasy elements doesn't strike me as creative so much as sloppy and desperate.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Yes, i love lost for the simple fact that the title predicts the general feeling you will likely feel when your watching. Its like the entire show is a pun of itself.
    That's funny.

I have a love-hate relationship. It seemed like the first and second season had a bunch of filler episodes because they weren't sure where the story was going at first. I am a little nervous that it won't resolve in a comprehensive way, but will deem it awesome if it does.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

But I will admit... when I've tried to explain Lost to friends of mine who don't watch it, it has sounded incredibly stupid. But for whatever reason, it doesn't seem dumb at all when I watch it.
    That's because the show is so well-written, directed, and acted out, that when you're watching it, everything that happens is engaging and convincing. You abandon conventional logic in the intense drama of the moment. But when you are trying to explain it to someone else, it won't make sense out of context. It's a testament to the creators and the distinctive stylistic marks they've made. In lesser hands, the story would seem absurd. But as it is, it's very entertaining.

I've always related to the show empathetically first, and logically second. We can relate to the emotional struggles of the characters much better than we can relate to time travel, smoke monsters, and electromagnetic energy.

I love it. I'm curious to see how it will end.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I love it! But i've watched it all on DVD not TV over the last 2 months with a 3 week gap trying to get the disk for the season 4 finale! And Now I've started again!

Its insane! I love how you have mythology, science and drama in the one show! It makes me think! And I love that!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love it. My NT can't get past the annoying, dramatic music. If I watch it while he's home and awake, I use headphones.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I liked the first few seasons.

The last and current season suck.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I love it and finally caught up after being about half a season behind.

But I'm glad it's ending, it's about run its course.
    Nothing's worse than a decent series that lasts two seasons too long (a la X-Files).

spoiler:

What I particularly like is about how the Man in Black is playing John Locke pretty similarly to how John actually acted... and it fits. It's sort of eerie... he's like a perfected/ideal Locke who is Not Locke at all.

I miss Juliette. Even though I can watch her on V now.

Great injoke too, when Richard called the island "hell" and insisted they were all already dead... because after Season One, most of the fan base had speculated that the secret was that the island was hell and everyone was already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Lounge View Post
    That's because the show is so well-written, directed, and acted out, that when you're watching it, everything that happens is engaging and convincing. You abandon conventional logic in the intense drama of the moment. But when you are trying to explain it to someone else, it won't make sense out of context. It's a testament to the creators and the distinctive stylistic marks they've made. In lesser hands, the story would seem absurd. But as it is, it's very entertaining.
    I see this issue as trying to explain a WEB in a LINEAR fashion... like trying to explain a 3D object in 2D language. it just doesn't work. Try to explain the Internet with a 2D image.

Lost is not sequential.
    Most images, comments, and interactions are reflective of something that happened before or later.

The time elements only highlight this.
    The first few seasons, the "flasbacks" showed how current interactions were reflected in the past.
    The flash-forwards showed how current interactions were mirroring future interactions.
    Now the flash-sideways are showing how patterns are playing out on two timelines at once. I love how the "sideways" plot reflects on the "island" plot -- two different timelines, but the two plots are reflecting on each other in some way and giving context to each other.

I've always related to the show empathetically first, and logically second. We can relate to the emotional struggles of the characters much better than we can relate to time travel, smoke monsters, and electromagnetic energy.
    In terms of function, I'm more apt to see it as (1) N, then (2) F, then (3) T, then (4) S in terms of approach.

The real story is not the external plot, it's the continually evolving relational web among the cast. Which makes sense, considering what we're discovering about the basic reason for them being called to the island in the first place.

I love it. I'm curious to see how it will end.
    I have no idea.
    That's part of the appeal.
    I've really loved not knowing what would happen next.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i love it. my favorite show atm.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Do you like the TV show Lost?
    Yes.