User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: INTJ's on anti-depressants

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

finding a few other N doms in your life at various phases and places is really helpful. i have mild anxiety but i tended to lean towards depression (i think most introverted perceivers lean towards anxiety bc they don't trust the world to stay consistent and predictable and they need it more than p types). other N doms make me absolutely certain that it is possible for me to be understood in a way that i had previously lost faith in.

also living alone forced me to weigh things out, make my decisions, and gave me the freedom to explore my own values without having constant interruptions from others. taking responsibility for my own moods was a welcome shift and much easier to accomplish as a goal when i did not have to answer to anyone but myself. more balanced and less overdrawn. remembering how to use Je gets us going, re-connects us to the world and restores our place within it. action is how we create our own character, shape, space.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Is anxiety a common INTJ thing?

I don't think you've altered your basic personality. It's still there... Hopefully you can get through these problems and get off the medication sooner, rather than later.
    Is anxiety common with INTJ's? OH YEAH!
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

Member Array

I'm on medication for bi-polar, and as a result feel very low energy, but i am convinced that i need them, they work well and really help me with my anxiety issues, my sister is aways trying to get into the idea that i don't need them. It's come to the point where they serve as a security blanket from intense highs and lows, i do feel i want to get off them eventually, just not sure when. I'm sort of frightened about the idea really, find myself what if-ing all the time.

I can't believe i'm sharing this in public, i am usually very private about it, and go out of my way to conceal it, but i have the feeling that most people i interact with kinda know that there is something off about me. I think they can tell i'm slightly sedated, or unusually calm.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Please be careful that you don't forget about those in your love who love you, spouse, family, friends, etc.

I have been an INTJ since high school, though lately I have been exploring my "F" side. I have suffered from chronic anxiety since I was about 7 years old, and chronic depression since I was 14. I agree that the anxiety seems to cause/fuel depression. Just from personal experience.

I have been in a serious relationship for over a year now, and my depression/anxiety combo reared its ugly head about 7 months ago and hasn't gone away. I'm having a difficult time helping my boyfriend deal with me. I became a completely different person than he was used to. He has become a figure in the background since all I can focus on is the dark cloud that surrounds my every thought/action. He tries so hard to be supportive and loving, but he really wants to understand what I'm going through and why I'm going through it. I can't seem to explain it well enough, and he is hurt because I am constantly hurting. I want to help him any way I can. You seem to understand that kind of situation, so I'm wondering if you have any suggestions that I might pass along to him, or even for myself.