• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Provoker Takes Vacation from Ventrillo

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
xD He should come back when Eck and I engage in quantum physics :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm now carrying Entropie's baby. It is the mystery of Ventrillo.

(Even though I can't get in now for some reason...)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Srsly? Kthnx.

Yeah, I agree with whomever said a fuck you would have sufficed.

I've been on and nothing of substance has been said, and I've been on with some passionate, intense conversation that I'd label intelligent, if not at least interesting where learning and participation is taking place.

To be honest, Provoker, you can be hard to hold a conversation with. What good is intelligence if you cannot communicate? You're slow to respond, and I've found myself timing you 20+ minutes before getting a response to a question I've asked you in the past. The question was "Please clarify the point you just made." You'd think someone would be able to re-explain something they just got done talking about, but it took you a long time to SAY it, I'm not speaking of typing. I'm sure the first 10 minutes was spent ignoring my request, but still.

I enjoyed it when I did get to talk to you, but it felt less like talking and more like me getting a lecture from you, as I doubt anything I ever said was given a second glance.

I'm reminded of the saying "Boring people are usually bored"..

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Awwww

Now who will lecture us? Seriously trying to have a intellectual conversation with Provoker is like trying to debate with someone who is cut/pasting the encyclopedia. Lots of information, but no adaptation to the actual purpose of the conversation or recognition of the opposing viewpoints of the debaters.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this thread confirms it, you're an [upstanding citizen]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How could I resist sigging some of these profound words of wisdom? I could not.

We should all aspire to Provoker's lofty heights.

*cough*

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Aw, people. Someone announces a communicative preference and claims the ability to judge his own standard, and you react like this? It's not like his username is Groophugz or anything. So, do you know he's not going to suavely discover all the things he sets out to discover? (Well, on Ventrillo, no, obviously, but nor anywhere else neither?)

I do not miss high school.

(It is a little overbearing, I grant you, but hey, you can't squeeze diamonds without being a tightass.)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Aw, people. Someone announces a communicative preference and claims the ability to judge his own standard, and you react like this? It's not like his username is Groophugz or anything. So, do you know he's not going to suavely discover all the things he sets out to discover? (Well, on Ventrillo, no, obviously, but nor anywhere else neither?)

I do not miss high school.

(It is a little overbearing, I grant you, but hey, you can't squeeze diamonds without being a tightass.)

He didn't announce his preference, he deliberately (and ridiculously) tried to insult a group of people.

And when someone posts on a public board, s/he will get the public reaction that s/he is seeking - so what's the problem? He got what he wanted.

Yeah, I don't miss high school, either.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
He didn't announce his preference, he deliberately (and ridiculously) tried to insult a group of people.

Same diff for us INTJs. Mad skillz.

And when someone posts on a public board, s/he will get the public reaction that s/he is seeking - so what's the problem? He got what he wanted.

Actually, probably yeah. A lot of times the standard, or course, or program is crystalised in the presentation, and would stay inchoate if not put out there to be real. Ironically the hardnosed, straitlaced, mean beanie presentation is often a starting point rather than the ultra end rejection it sounds like, which is not to say there hasn't been a rejection, because there was.

Transformations for the win. Star dust and love hearts follow in our wake!

*sigh* not really.

It was worth a try, but.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Same diff for us INTJs. Mad skillz.

Actually, probably yeah. A lot of times the standard, or course, or program is crystalised in the presentation, and would stay inchoate if not put out there to be real. Ironically the hardnosed, straitlaced, mean beanie presentation is often a starting point rather than the ultra end rejection it sounds like, which is not to say there hasn't been a rejection, because there was.

Transformations for the win. Star dust and love hearts follow in our wake!

*sigh* not really.

It was worth a try, but.

After we are settled with Provoker, you gonna be next :D

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
After we are settled with Provoker, you gonna be next :D

Get ready for the star dust, buddy.

Oh, but I don't even use Ventrillo. Wait, I know! I'm taking a holiday from smileys! I expected so much more from them, and yet there isn't even an exploding head or things that suggest intercourse. They could be so much better.

:boobs:

Qre:us

Given that the majority of participants constitute ENTPs and F-types, the upshot is that these constant derailings feed a bastardization of potentially high quality discussions.

Second, I respect Jeffster as one of the few vent users who seems to be by and large true to himself.

Third, I respect Thatgirl for her natural aptitude and interest in philosophical affairs. I'd say the hidden link between Thatgirl and I is in metaphysical solitude.

Isn't she ENTP? Isn't Jeffster an F-type? Can it, can it, can it be, a person-thing versus a type-thing? :huh:

In conclusion, I will be going on a vacation from ventrillo for a while. I will be injecting myself with Russian literature (Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Nabokov, Gogol, and so on). I will be writing lots of interesting things down and engaging in passionate creative contemplation in my solitude from time to time. I will be preparing a mental framework for my Master's program beginning in September. Once I get a new laptop and have systematized and militarized every dimension of my life to a strict regiment, I will consider descending from my side of the mountain and returning to vent.

I think the persona you are artifically trying to create of an INTJ is a bastardization of what type theory aimed to originally do. Understand what is, versus, creating a personality.

Don't fall in love with the INTJ profile and mimic it. Have you heard what happened to Narcissus?

First of all, despite all test results, I don't think there are as many NTs on vent as people who claim to be.

Claim to be, aim to be. Same slippery slope, you slide.