User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

It's funny: on the one hand, I understand his point, and on the other hand I understand Night/Athenian's point.

This is probably a sign of lack of personal development on my part, but I generally reflect the environment around me. Meaning, if everyone's hog-wild crazy, I'm likely to be 5 times hog-wild and crazy as everyone else. If everyone's intellectual and discussing ideas, I'm likely to be 5 times more interested in these things. And if everything's all mixed up, I'm Serious-Crazy-Serious-Crazy-Serious-Crazy, and I'm like whoooooaaaaaa.

Point being I like the new idea of having separate rooms/chats. Then when people feel like venting craziness you can, and if people feel like discussing serious things you can. Everyone's happy. No one is disgruntled. And all's well....Theoretically, at least.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Agreed.

A big part of being intelligent is recognizing when to expect it in others.

Agreed. it may be more satisfying for you to hang out on the AMA board, if they have one. Oh wait, MBTI isn't recognized by the AMA... oh well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It's funny: on the one hand, I understand his point, and on the other hand I understand Night/Athenian's point.

This is probably a sign of lack of personal development on my part, but I generally reflect the environment around me. Meaning, if everyone's hog-wild crazy, I'm likely to be 5 times hog-wild and crazy as everyone else. If everyone's intellectual and discussing ideas, I'm likely to be 5 times more interested in these things. And if everything's all mixed up, I'm Serious-Crazy-Serious-Crazy-Serious-Crazy, and I'm like whoooooaaaaaa.

Point being I like the new idea of having separate rooms/chats. Then when people feel like venting craziness (like me) you can, and if people feel like discussing serious things (like me) you can. Everyone's happy. No one is disgruntled. And all's well....Theoretically, at least.
    LL, the point is that you can't control conversations. I get annoyed on vent as well, but then I simply log off. You can't get blood from a stone. And then accuse said stone of sucking your blood.

Vent wasn't created for philosophizing any more than it was created for fluff. It seems to be that it is a carbon copy of the board, just with voice. And this board isn't all that intellectual all the time.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Yes, but I don't think it's too much to ask to expect people who are interested in psychology and delving into the human mind/heart/being/whatever to be occasionally interested in serious discussion as opposed to friendly banter.

Everything has its time and place.

And having a place for both is a good start.

Just my idea. Maybe I'm way off base, but, yeah....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Agreed. it may be more satisfying for you to hang out on the AMA board, if they have one. Oh wait, MBTI isn't recognized by the AMA... oh well.
    Nah.

He's 'injecting' himself with Russian literature (readily identifiable 'undergrad' authors, at that . . .). Should make for enough of an uncomfortable interim, without the realization that a cornerstone personality evaluation isn't embraced by the intellectual bourgeois.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Yes, but I don't think it's too much to ask to expect people who are interested in psychology and delving into the human mind/heart/being/whatever to be occasionally interested in serious discussion as opposed to friendly banter.

Everything has its time and place.

And having a place for both is a good start.

Just my idea. Maybe I'm way off base, but, yeah....
    I agree, but you can't make everyone interested at the same time, and that's the point. It annoys me, too but you can't change human nature.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am leaving ventrillo too, noone wants to talk with me about cars
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I am leaving ventrillo too, noone wants to talk with me about cars
    well, you will certainly be missed!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

As a side note tho: guess who he meant when he talked about the less logical types who derail every serious convo
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    As a side note tho: guess who he meant when he talked about the less logical types who derail every serious convo
    I don't care to guess. He already called out ENTPs and "F" types. So basically, anyone who isn't him or Jeffster - who is an F type. Maybe he should just get Jeffster's phone number directly...