User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: INTJ weaknesses

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    7

    Default INTJ weaknesses

    I was reading this booklet on job interviews (for business) recently, and one of the common questions is "what is your biggest weakness?"

    This got me thinking, what would be the most appropriate (honest) INTJ reply? Obviously the answers need to be somewhat positive, but all I can think of are are cliché ones (i.e. I'm too much of a perfectionist; I push myself too hard). Cliché is not good.

    Any ideas for a good answer?

  2. #2
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Ugh I would hate to get that question in an interview.
    Hmm.
    Actually, this is a good idea for a thread.

    I got nothin'.

  3. #3
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oort cloud View Post
    I was reading this booklet on job interviews (for business) recently, and one of the common questions is "what is your biggest weakness?"

    This got me thinking, what would be the most appropriate (honest) INTJ reply? Obviously the answers need to be somewhat positive, but all I can think of are are cliché ones (i.e. I'm too much of a perfectionist; I push myself too hard). Cliché is not good.

    Any ideas for a good answer?
    Use this: "some people say that I am too impersonal and logical".

    And if you applied for a job that requires you being personal, chances are you are looking to break into a wrong business.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  4. #4
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Yeah, I had to lie to get a job in customer service. They said and they only hired outgoing people, so when asked if I was, my response was "You betcha I'm outgoing!"
    Although I guess you could use any fault and say it's something you're working on. As in, "I'm naturally reserved but I find that working in a positive environment like this really encourages me to come out of my shell".

  5. #5
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    "I work too hard."

    Anyways, I've heard that the proper way to answer the dreaded "greatest weakness" question is to use it as an introduction to your stronger qualities.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  6. #6
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    "I enjoy helping people too much. At heart I'm really too much a people pleaser."


    I guess the rule for job interviews is if you find them using as hackneyed a template as "What's you biggest weakness", then they kinda don't know who they're hiring or why. Might as well serve them the same shit they're serving you.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Use this: "some people say that I am too impersonal and logical".

    And if you applied for a job that requires you being personal, chances are you are looking to break into a wrong business.
    But if I'm applying to work for someone, I don't think they would appreciate me being too impersonal, no matter what the requirements for the actual job are.

    I'd have to agree with poppy, I'd rather say that I am outgoing. It's not that I'm not outgoing, I do enjoy people (and if I must spend time with them, I try to find something about them to like, to make my life easier), I just need to get away from everyone after a while. It won't impair my professional functions, I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    As in, "I'm naturally reserved but I find that working in a positive environment like this really encourages me to come out of my shell".
    That would make me feel weak and vulnerable though

    This is hard.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    "I work too hard."

    Anyways, I've heard that the proper way to answer the dreaded "greatest weakness" question is to use it as an introduction to your stronger qualities.
    Yeah, it seems like one of the best options out there, but I get a feeling that it's so overused. I'm trying to think of ways to stand out, without really lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    "I enjoy helping people too much. At heart I'm really too much a people pleaser."


    I guess the rule for job interviews is if you find them using as hackneyed a template as "What's you biggest weakness", then they kinda don't know who they're hiring or why. Might as well serve them the same shit they're serving you.
    But then they might think I'm a pushover.

    The booklet which I found was meant for employers (or so they say), and underneath this question is said something like, "If the person you're interviewing really knows themselves, then they will have no problem answering this question truthfully."

  9. #9
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Haha, I think Kalach was being facetious. INTJs aren't exactly people pleasers

    Who wrote that booklet? In my opinion the question is completely loaded.

  10. #10
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oort cloud View Post
    But then they might think I'm a pushover.

    The booklet which I found was meant for employers (or so they say), and underneath this question is said something like, "If the person you're interviewing really knows themselves, then they will have no problem answering this question truthfully."
    I was kidding. Long, long ago when I heard a HR guy on the radio speaking about "The Script" in job interviews, he said there is only one real answer to any question asked, and the trick is just in working the answer back to "the answer", why you're right for the job. Like,

    "Well, my weakness? Sometimes I look at small children and I get these strange pictures in my head, but, like, I know this job needs me to deal a lot with customers, so I figure I can get to know the parents by interacting with their sweet, sweet young babies, and I'll be making sales all the time because they love me."

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ's Introverted Feeling - Child (Puer/Puella)
    By Zhash in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  3. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ: Lack of Concentration?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO