• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ weaknesses

silverlining

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
If I were being honest:

"When people behave idiotically, I have a tendency to immediately hate them and plan their demise. I'm moody when I don't get my way, I find it difficult to be emotionally vulnerable with others, and if anyone comes to me with a personal problem, I'll likely tell them to find a ledge or someone who actually cares."

If I were trying to get the job:

"I find that I'm often too dedicated to my work, and find myself trying to work long hours, not willing to stop until the job is done."

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
I can understand that thing about being honest...I told my fiance today that I don't think he's stupid I think everyone in the world is stupid and sometimes he does things that make me fear that he too could be headed toward the slippery slope of stupidom and it scares me so I yell for seemingly benign reasons.

silverlining

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I inexplicably hate everyone right now. It sucks.

How does your fiance take your brutality? :/

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
he's an INFP so he thinks it's his fault... I tell him that everything is his fault and that since I don't believe in God I will just hate on him... he said it makes him feel special and then we just laugh at ourselves for being stubborn asses. He's very good at showing me how non-important things really are... (this is different than unimportant btw)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
"tend to have a difficult time coming with ideas; but once i am sure of the right idea, i annihilate the mother like a shark and a seal"

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
"tend to have a difficult time coming with ideas"

No.

I would turn it around and say that although I have a number of weaknesses like any other person, I consider the fact that I naturally seek to improve on any of them to be my greatest asset. It's true too.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
IMO, INTJs hate this question, because if we see a weakness, we either try to fix it, or deny that it's a weakness.

I might say: Speaking in front of groups doesn't come naturally to me. I've worked on it, and now I can do it, but it's still a bit nerve-racking.

T

ThatGirl

I have always answered this question with.

"I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, so I may get a little nervous when coming into new jobs. I want to make sure everything is exactly what was expected (little smile or chuckle). I have noticed this slight nervousness goes away after about the first week, when I have gotten a feel for how things are run. It helps being a quick learner."

Luet

MBTI Type
INTJ
thats good! So much better than when I answered that same question in my last interview : 'I tend to get impacient when other people obviously have the wrong ideas'. I'm gonna learn your answer by heart. (did get the job tough)

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Sometimes interviewers are trying to trip you up to see if you reveal anything negative.

Sometimes they really want to know if you can objectively critique yourself.

Gotta know which one you're talking to.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
How about: "I expect perfection out of my peers, and to push *them* to be the best." :devil: Win/win.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Yeah, I had to lie to get a job in customer service. They said and they only hired outgoing people, so when asked if I was, my response was "You betcha I'm outgoing!"
Although I guess you could use any fault and say it's something you're working on. As in, "I'm naturally reserved but I find that working in a positive environment like this really encourages me to come out of my shell".

True - am a high introvert and actually asked the psychologists why most people don't know it and they said that I had taught myself to be an extrovert due to my job.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
Although I act extroverted at interviews, I will always say that my weakness is that I'm not as outgoing as I would like to be, but I'm working on it. This answer can never be interpreted negatively. If my act was unsuccessful and I appear too reserved to them, the response would serve to let them know that I'm aware of the problem and is trying to improve.

You should never say anything that would draw attention to a weakness that is not blatantly apparent at the interview.

WordGeek

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No.

I would turn it around and say that although I have a number of weaknesses like any other person, I consider the fact that I naturally seek to improve on any of them to be my greatest asset. It's true too.

I like that. This is a win-win, because they see you are aware of your weaknesses but know that there is room for improvement and are actually working on it.