User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm an ISTP with a very high N 50-50% I tend to be somewhat neurotic and in my head alot. wow..
    It might just be logical vs sensing subtype.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I'm an ISTP with a very high N 50-50% I tend to be somewhat neurotic and in my head alot. wow..
    Interesting! Do you feel your N helps or hinders you?

There are many subcategories of each type, "flavors" as Protean calls them. I'm an eNFJ that leans heavily toward the Fe-intense Ni-oblivious subtype. I put in a small story in my blog about my unconscious tendency to hiss and growl when I'm driving off "intruders". My warlike nature is latent, and exhibits itself in my rapid hatchet-y manner of talking and my clothes. I don't like hurting people though, and feel others' pain very acutely.

Gender has some play in the matter as well. Like my ENFJ friend Taco - he's more extroverted and clinical, but clearly influenced by Fe. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Spacey or Timothy Hutton, for some reason.

In my case, I have a low S, and the majority of the time, it seems to be just strong enough to mess with me. *lol* My ENFP sister's S function is capable and I can only watch her using it with envy because mine tends to jump out of closets at me (which can be both a scary and funny moment of enlightenment). I've had to steer myself away from trying to "intuit" reality or solid objects. My passive Ni probes can't figure out much about a glass of milk or a mysterious stain on the floor.

It just seemed very obvious to me that someone like Christian Bale (or Daniel Craig) is very centered and "grounded" and someone like Val Kilmer is clearly antagonized by his Intuition and therefore neurotic. I see similar tendencies in Russell Crowe.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Swimming seems kind of intuitive. What about that guy who won a bunch of gold medals in the last olympics. i'd say he's INxx at the very least. Although, on Conan O'brien, he seemed INFJ>P.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I guess I assumed that kid was ISFP.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Larry Bird? Maybe?

Seems like he could be an ISTP, and he was never that academic, but some of his quotes sound really INTPish:

"While day by day the overzealous student stores up facts for future use, he who has learned to trust nature finds need for ever fewer external directions. He will discard formula after formula, until he reaches the conclusion: Let nature take its course."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Gracious. That does sound Ti primary.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I've studied Krav Maga, Tae Kwon Do and Jiu Jitsu.

Not necessarily proficient in any of them; I've simply undertaken their analysis. Yet, if I can do it, I'm certain there are others.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Interesting! Do you feel your N helps or hinders you?

There are many subcategories of each type, "flavors" as Protean calls them. I'm an eNFJ that leans heavily toward the Fe-intense Ni-oblivious subtype. I put in a small story in my blog about my unconscious tendency to hiss and growl when I'm driving off "intruders". My warlike nature is latent, and exhibits itself in my rapid hatchet-y manner of talking and my clothes. I don't like hurting people though, and feel others' pain very acutely.

Gender has some play in the matter as well. Like my ENFJ friend Taco - he's more extroverted and clinical, but clearly influenced by Fe. He reminds me a lot of Kevin Spacey or Timothy Hutton, for some reason.

In my case, I have a low S, and the majority of the time, it seems to be just strong enough to mess with me. *lol* My ENFP sister's S function is capable and I can only watch her using it with envy because mine tends to jump out of closets at me (which can be both a scary and funny moment of enlightenment). I've had to steer myself away from trying to "intuit" reality or solid objects. My passive Ni probes can't figure out much about a glass of milk or a mysterious stain on the floor.

It just seemed very obvious to me that someone like Christian Bale (or Daniel Craig) is very centered and "grounded" and someone like Val Kilmer is clearly antagonized by his Intuition and therefore neurotic. I see similar tendencies in Russell Crowe.
    LOl hiss and growl when driving off intruders? hahaha...what the hell.. you hit the nail on the head when you said "being "antagonized" by intuition" I can relate to this. I think the creeping "N" tends to heighten my anxiety more than usual. This can be a problem because if I feel as though I think too much without "doing". But maybe If i didn't think so much I would be in a hell of alot bigger problems? I can't exactly say whether it hinders me or helps me. I tend to not take as many daredevil risks as the common ISTP stereotype, but on the contrary I take more calculated risks. I truly do enjoy living in the moment and it's something I strive to do.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I've studied Krav Maga, Tae Kwon Do and Jiu Jitsu.

Not necessarily proficient in any of them; I've simply undertaken their analysis. Yet, if I can do it, I'm certain there are others.
    I have an ENTP on my soccer team who is an amazing goalie.

MBTI
    TNT

If chess counts, then yes.