User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Do any of you other INTPs during a 'low' go out and search the net to see if you had some mental health condition? I spent the longest time trying to convince myself I was schizophrenic. In hindsight I feel pretty dumb about it.
    NO.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Insightful post, Solitary.
    Would think I was somewhat in between #1 and #2, but overall I'm fairly healthy, just not that confident and not that able to express myself (to others, that is; though I can formulate wonderfully, for myself and a few others to understand - I guess just not much of an emotional expression).
    I've more or less decided to not go (back) into science, at 29, so I'm thinking about these things.
    One advantage of the state of underdeveloped Ti would be the ability to have a more original psyche and to be able to learn anything from the start. (Edit: maybe there is some conscious part and advantage to this underdevelopment too).
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

i also suck.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

We all suck, at some point in our life.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

is there a difference between an unhealthy type and an immature type?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I guess one can be unhealthy for many reasons, one of them being immaturity. I think unhealthy is the larger concept, and immaturity a sub-category. But at the same time, I think one can act immature because one is unhealthy for some reason. What a pretzel.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

MMMmmm, pretzel.

i suppose you can think of it in terms of a flower.
    immature = not yet grown. potential
    unhealthy = on the path of death/destruction. requires an external agent, such as bad upbrining.

perhaps unhealthy intp's are those stuck in a rut
    and immature intp's are those that are too strong in one area and too weak in another.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yeah. Imbalance is defiantly about immaturity, and development. I think a balanced type has wider understanding for life and oneself, which ultimately defines maturity.

I get the sense that INTPs especially, get stuck in a rut, a lot. Are INTPs more inclined to being unhealthy? Why? Because of their nature of introspection? I think the human being is imperfect, mostly irrational and has a lot of flaws that a lot of us are unaware of, and because of the INTPs tendency to indulge in introspection in a very logical way, they find out about these flaws and don't understand and can't accept them. Which makes them unhealthy, stuck in a rut and prevents them from development and keeps them immature for a longer periods of time. Maybe that's why the INTP normaly don't fully mature until later in life. Maybe hard core selfexamining slows down development at the time, because of the focus, but once they reach the finish line - they're more solid and aware human beings, than the average.

Or maybe, INTPs, because of their introspective nature, "figure it out" sooner than the average, and think they understand it all, and get bored and that's why they get stuck in a rut. They're under-stimulated. Which could lead them on a path of destruction, just for the sake of a new challenge. Since they synthesize information internally, they need outer stimulation to synthesize when the fuel is up on the inside.

Also, I have no clue what I'm talking about here. I'm just connecting the dots. For all I know, I could be giving you guys false hope.

[youtube="gjjoTP_djDA"]The Unhealthy INTP[/youtube]

MBTI
    xxxx

While the other INTPs speculate about what it means to be healthy or unhealthy, I'm going to entertain myself without fretting about such issues.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?