User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    While the other INTPs speculate about what it means to be healthy or unhealthy, I'm going to entertain myself without fretting about such issues.
    Good call, and good luck!

See you back here in 3 weeks.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    [youtube="gjjoTP_djDA"]The Unhealthy INTP[/youtube]
    LOL!

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Good call, and good luck!

See you back here in 3 weeks.
    I can last 4.

Wait, shit.

This doesn't count.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm an unhealthy INTP in some ways I guess. Very mentally stable, but I don't make the best decisions. I used to be a lot worse though, so I've gotten better.

But at least we're not as unhealthy as those INFPs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    While the other INTPs speculate about what it means to be healthy or unhealthy, I'm going to entertain myself without fretting about such issues.
    A real INTP can't resist speculation. Too much so.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

I get the sense that INTPs especially, get stuck in a rut, a lot. Are INTPs more inclined to being unhealthy?
    i think intps might be more suseptible to unhealthiness and immaturity partly due to their uniqueness. intp's grow up surounded by forces that don't understand them. these forces try to push intp's to behave in other ways, thus the intp is not given the same chance to grow into their own shoes as most other types are, they're mutiliated. society isnt built to stimulate them so some can become bitter (like me). i suspect alot of intps, especially teen/young adult intps and female intps, are not comfortable with who they are because they're so used to hiding it (like me). also, no one likes being perceived as insane (for lack of a better word) while they're not trying to be. sometimes my ideas are laughed at, funnily enough they're the one's that are usually right. experience that backs the idea that i can only reach my true potential by using my functions properly which requires resisting external currents.
    due to these reasons and others, its hard for the intp to make intimate connections with other people. other people being gateways to new dimensions of experience.

or not. ..?

They're under-stimulated. Which could lead them on a path of destruction, just for the sake of a new challenge. Since they synthesize information internally, they need outer stimulation to synthesize when the fuel is up on the inside.
    yes. it was some time earlier this year that i had a self revelation; i was exceptionally bored and unchallenged, always had been, and im living a life shaded in grey. although i think it might be impossible to excite the existentialist.

i also shocked myself when i realised that i was truyl self-loathing. im not sure if this is type related though.

eh.
    i don't know, my brain's going to sleep without me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Unhealthy INTPs? 90% of those on INTPc.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    i suspect alot of intps, especially teen/young adult intps and female intps, are not comfortable with who they are because they're so used to hiding it (like me).
    An INTP I know once told me he wished he felt more/was more comfortable with himself in different situations. I guess he was talking about social situations.

I told him he was taking himself way too seriously.
    Then I told him to get over himself.

I don't know how constructive that was. But I really didn't know what to say. Seems like you guys create your own hell so...

I've heard INTPs whine about their lives, even the ones that have pretty good lives; job, partner, stable life (financially, apartment), hobbies, friends ect. And they still got into these emo-states where nothing's good enough, like they're still missing something. Those times, I've just asked them: What the hell are you whining about? And they laugh.

At the end of the day, it seems like they take themselves way too seriously, cause I've noticed that at times when they don't, they can't actually resist to be happy.

Whatcha think?

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Do any of you other INTPs during a 'low' go out and search the net to see if you had some mental health condition? I spent the longest time trying to convince myself I was schizophrenic. In hindsight I feel pretty dumb about it.
    Yeah, I did have a period where I had tendencies like that. I used to think extensively about several kinds of so called mental disorders. It seems pretty much over now.
    INtj | 9w1

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've heard INTPs whine about their lives, even the ones that have pretty good lives; job, partner, stable life (financially, apartment), hobbies, friends ect. And they still got into these emo-states where nothing's good enough, like they're still missing something. Those times, I've just asked them: What the hell are you whining about? And they laugh.
    I used to have that all the time. I got a really good job. I'm financially living royally.

My job isn't really all that bad. It is very flexible, it has many different aspects and it always changes. I may be available 24/7 and work on average 80-90 hours a week, but during those 80-90 hours I can mostly just relax and take it easy as well. Work doesn't pile up, but it never ends either. Night shifts are relatively calm and easy going. Even though I'm supposedly in an extremely stressy job, I seem to take it well and never feel stressed out either.

Even so, I still often feel like it's not enough. It's never enough. I'm always driven to something better, something more. Meaning, understanding. A stable life is a sucky life. I crave change, evolution.

Luckily, I've managed to put that craving into my businesses. And shifted it from my life, to the companies life. It's still not enough though.

I still regularly feel I've hit a wall. That my life is too stale.

But instead of whining about it, I've learned to accept that no matter what I'll have, that drive will never cease until I die. So I don't bother others with it anymore.

PS: My love life does -really- suck, but I'm not bothered by that one bit in the first place, so don't have any intention of whining about it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

An INTP I know once told me he wished he felt more/was more comfortable with himself in different situations. I guess he was talking about social situations.
    I told him he was taking himself way too seriously.
    Then I told him to get over himself.
    Probably the right answer, but probably not really effective.

Seems like you guys create your own hell so...
    That's the truth. I've had people tell me that on numerous occasions -- "You're just never happy no matter what you have or what you're doing."

I still haven't quite figured out what it is. It's like the whole picture is off somehow, and even if you have a 33% full life compared to a 62% full life, it's still missing a large chunk of picture and things aren't right... and it's hard to even discern even what exactly is missing.

Some of it probably comes from holding feelings away, and a lot of contentment I am learning comes from allowing myself to be immersed in feeling states and experiencing life and being in sync with it, rather than apart, and otherwise engaged. The "stand back, aloof" instinctive response of INTPs help contribute to the perpetual ennui.

Things just aren't right.

At least I can admit it now -- accept the good stuff and try to take pleasure in it, but there's just that stupid deep-seated discomfort that won't go away. Routine feels comfortable and safe but also seems boring and dead. It's like all the natural INTP strategies for dealing with the world physically contribute to a mental and emotional dissatisfaction. The mind is only happy when it's constantly being challenged and taught, but the drive to stabilize life and make physical needs secure and stable automatically reduces opportunities for the curiosity factor for explore... and lots of the realities of life again inhibit the mental absorption demanded by insatiable curiosity.

At the end of the day, it seems like they take themselves way too seriously, cause I've noticed that at times when they don't, they can't actually resist to be happy.
    Getting lost in the moment and not thinking but simply responding to and being immersed in life brings the most happiness.

It's why I drink sometimes too. It shuts off my brain. I stop holding myself away from life, I stop thinking, I just start living.

... let's not talk about love lifes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft