User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

That makes a lot of sense, the whole intuition thing makes me think I might be a sensor . The Te thing sounds rather similar to Ti, as it should I'd say, it looks like the difference is that Te focuses shaping a system such that it becomes logical, while Ti just creates a system of inner logic and applies it to the outside world (using Ne/Se).

Another question, How does Ni have anything to do with keeping track of time? Or is that Te... is it that Ni is just really good at keeping track of subconscious knowledge?
    5 3 9

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not sure what you're referring to with the time keeping. Are Ni/Te users supposed to be good at it? I mean... I actually am, I can usually tell what time it is within about 30 minutes (even when I'm asleep) but I thought everyone could do that.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Not sure what you're referring to with the time keeping. Are Ni/Te users supposed to be good at it? I mean... I actually am, I can usually tell what time it is within about 30 minutes (even when I'm asleep) but I thought everyone could do that.
    I've often lost track of about 8 hours or so... but there may be a difference between loosing track of time and judging it. I've heard of this time telling capability from a few sources, and Night recently stated that you can do that too. I think it's more about time awareness
    5 3 9

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What function do you suppose is at the root of it? It would see that high Se users would be the best at it... but its the INTJ's weakest function. Maybe the Ni does a good job at it too...
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

What function do you suppose is at the root of it? It would see that high Se users would be the best at it... but its the INTJ's weakest function. Maybe the Ni does a good job at it too...
    It's associated with Judgers of all kinds, I'd say Si would be quite good at it, and that's how it's been irl (ISTJ & ISFJ). Se is too into the moment to be good with time awareness. Perhaps it's that Ps are not good with time, and hence Js are attributed with being good with time, we all know how positive MBTIs descriptions are...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    xxxx

INTJs have a thought process? I was always under the impression that ideas almost magically came to them. Any "thinking" they'd use would be figuring out how to explain these ideas to lesser beings.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't really know how I know... it just seems that only one is a logical answer. If I had to justify it, it might sound something like: "Well... A and C ends in a 2 and it can't be that because of [insert weird observation here]. And it can't be D because it's just too big. It has to be B. 10 seconds of processing and eliminating with no conscious math usually gets me the right answer, even though I may not have the slightest clue how to solve it as an equation.

If I have multiple choice, I can usually nail it. The problems that involve me having to 'show my work' usually kill me unless I've practiced.
    I do the exact same thing. I did well in a physics test without knowing any of the equations, i hate remembering equations. But in a recent chemisty test i lost 3 marks because i couldnt explain how i got the answer, as soon as i looked at it i could just tell. SO annoying. I think i would rather be a sensor and be able to explain things to other people, i fail at teaching people to understand something i just 'got'.

MBTI
    INTJ

I found a bunch of info which explains a lot about the strengths of INTJ mental abilities.

First, this page lists the 8 functions for each MBTI personality type:
    Cognitive stack engine | To Civilize Nature
    For each type they list the functions from most dominant to least.

INTJ: Ni Te Fi Se Ne Ti Fe Si

INTJ's use Introverted Intuition as the most dominant function.
    This is how we get our brilliant flashes of insight into complex problems.
    I read that it's a rare ability which gives us the ability to see things
    that other people can't see.

Here's some pages about introverted intuition:
    Introverted Intuition
    Introverted iNtuiting
    Introverted Intuition - Ni

Our 2nd most dominant function is extraverted thinking.
    This involves using empirical evidence.
    I also use this a lot in addition to my intuition.
    I see what's going on in the world and I use that to draw conclusions.

3rd, I use Fi to weigh the importance of things.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    INTJs have a thought process? I was always under the impression that ideas almost magically came to them. Any "thinking" they'd use would be figuring out how to explain these ideas to lesser beings.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

as has been said, intjs get their sense of right from Ni sensing connections. but their at times intolerable sense of right from Te. many times they draw conclusions from Fi and still assert the same, how dare you doubt me, my shit is 100% trustworthy response. they just get so used to getting the right answer, that they forget that their methods have something to do with this as well. not to mention that when they don't show their work (Te) and just fucking guess, they're still right 99% of the time.